The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

I meant Silvestri. In Intrada hyperbole, he may claim the title today, since neither Goldsmith, Kamen nor Poledouris are scoring action movies since a long, long time.

I hope it's not THE RIVER WILD . Ruling out Varése makes for a rather muted list of Goldsmith possibilities - though GATD would be jubilant indeed.

I don't have that, so I'd welcome it.

It's Goldsmith down in the lows of eternal emptiness.

It has a lovely theme, even if Goldsmith only adapted it.

Something tells me Mark O will be able to figure out the early 70's Oscar Nominated title that had a weird LP

Sorry, can't help on this one. Looking back I'm not familiar with the LP releases on some of those scores.

Doug Fake from Intrada has made some posts concerning future Disney projects over on Intrada's boards

Yes, our partnership with Disney allows for sub-licensing titles from their associated label catalogs as well. BUT... keep in mind there are countless projects we want to see happen. That includes working on restoring timeless classics, numerous nature documentaries, the unreleased scores from the sixties, seventies and eighties, expansions of stuff on the Disney and Hollywood labels (like The Ghost And The Darkness, of course) as well as being their physical media label for new pictures like The Avengers, Toy Story 3, including exciting upcoming titles under consideration now. We'll be working at all this stuff for years to come!

We also have to work at a pace that our partners at Disney can accommodate AND that we can manage as well, especially since we're now working with every major film studio on an average of four projects a month.

The hamsters here can only do so much... even if I coax them into productivity with extra food pellets. And I've tried! They still demand breaks, vacations, holidays and whatnot. Sometimes they even just spin around on treadwheels in their cages. It's not always a pretty sight, either. Unreasonable critters these hamsters can be. :)

Having said all that, is there even a remote chance for something like a 2 or 3CD set of "Ducktales" (Ron Jones, and the pilot score by Chase & Rucker)?

Ummmm.... the quick answer is no. The longer answer is, even though it's possible, I've got countless other titles I want to work with first.

--Doug

I actually just discovered Mandel's score for Escape To Witch Mountain and liked it a lot. I just hadn't gotten around to watching the DVD and finally took some time off to do so. I'll catch Return To Witch Mountain shortly... and no doubt enjoy Schifrin's music for it as well.

CDs are probably possible, of course. But there's a lot of stuff in our Disney pipeline already for 2013. So just keep those fingers and toes crossed. By the way, I'm a fan of all of those Goodwin/Disney scores, too. My favorite, for reasons I don't know, is Candleshoe. Something about the meld of regal music with tender and dramatic music around the edges. Anyway, they're in our radar as well.

--Doug

Having said all that, is there even a remote chance for something like a 2 or 3CD set of "Ducktales" (Ron Jones, and the pilot score by Chase & Rucker)?

By the way, always hang on to hope. While it's not high on my list, that's mainly because so many other scores are. I have lots of wants still. People sometimes say there's not much left to release but I sure can come up with a list a mile long. Old scores from the 1930's and 1940's, 1950's, stuff I grew up hoping for in the 1960's and 1970's, endless TV scores, episode scores, expanded stuff by the dozens, countless treasures in the Disney vaults, you name it.

So your Ron Jones hopes are certainly worth holding on to as well.

--Doug

http://www.intrada.n...?p=62163#p62163

Amy, good gorilla! That one's a given. And I think I'm sold on Cromwell after the first few seconds of the main title.

I'm not even making a NY resolution next year.

Wow just from hearing some of the clips, I still have no idea certain tracks were left off, such as "Meet Monroe Kelly". Definitely a standout track. I know it's bound to happen, as always, but this definitely was one of Goldsmith's worst OST arrangements! Thank goodness for this release. :D

Okay, I ordered it, haha. From MovieMusic this time (gotta love their prices and service). It'll take longer to get here since they don't carry it yet but it'll be worth the little extra wait.

A good start to their new year!

First clues from Roger for the Jan 22nd batch

Two Special Collection titles. On early 70s western gets its debut. One early 90s war (or anti-war?) score gets it's debut.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5358

The 90's maybe interesting depending on what it is.

I'm all for Intrada but recently what they have been releasing has had very little interest for me. The only thing I bought last year was the true version of Predator and Star Trek VI. Everything else recently has been meh for me.

I doubt I'll even get Congo since I don't remember the film. I'm sure I saw it years ago but just don't remember.

Doug's Corner:

1/19/13

For our second batch of CD releases for the new year, enjoy two soundtrack world premieres, scored roughly two decades apart, appearing complete from crisp, stereo masters. The earlier score hails from the Universal vaults, offers 70's western action, the later score hails from the Paramount vaults, leads us into battle in Vietnam. Artwork and audio samples will be posted Monday evening, January 21st. Orders begin shipping on Tuesday the 22nd.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5363

Well if Roger hadn't said early 90's I would have went with Alex North's Good Morning Vietnam.

But now that Paramount is mentioned that rules out Full Metal Jacket too.

Perhaps Poledouris' score to Flight Of The Intruder?

brutal film. unbearable to watch at times. and not always in a good way.

Brilliant film. One of De Palma's best. It's extremely brutal (though never without reason). And yet De Palma provides great cinematography you can marvel at, without compromising the underlying drama.

My abiding memory of it is that i just wanted it to end because i found it hard to stomach.

I understand and respects DePalma's approach in showing things like rape, intimidation, murder and torture as unflinching as possible, but you do leave the film shellshocked.

Poledouris and Schifrin... I'll probably get both. Just pondering whether to order now and wait for the DS9 set... by then, my list may be too long for a single order; I've yet to get Congo as well.

Roger has posted the first clues for their February 15th titles

Two Special Collection titles. One featuring a long overdue early 70s western score from one of the kings of western film scoring. The other is a double header featuring a late 70s crime drama paired with an early 60s war drama. Both by the same director!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5396

The double header sounds like it could be Robert Aldrich (CHOIRBOYS? ANGRY HILLS?), the western possibly could be CAHILL, US MARSHAL (Bernstein). I don't think Morricone has an unreleased western up his sleeve, irreal as this may sound.

I've seen Fielding's Escape from Alcatraz paired with Rosenman's Hell Is For Heroes (both Paramount movies from the same director) as a suggestion for the double-header, and it sounds right on the money to me.

I don't know anything about westerns, especially early 70s westerns

Doug's Corner:

2/1/13

With cold and flu season upon us, it seems both bugs went straight for us here. So most of the hamsters are fighting with maladies and staying at home. Those of us working have either just recovered... or will no doubt fall prey to the bug shortly.

On the good news front. Our two newest releases are ready for shipping out this coming Tuesday, February 5. We'll post artwork and sound samples here on Monday eve prior. One finds our latest from the Warner Bros. vaults... and is actually the very first project I pursued when we began working with the studio a couple of years ago. What fun to see it has now materialized... complete and newly mixed in dynamic stereo from the original 16-channel session masters, one of the first scores recorded in the then-new 2" recording format. This one even comes with the cover I always imagined it would carry, going all the way back to the early 1970's when I first saw the western with its iconic star and daily went looking for a record that was never to be. I - and you - finally need look no further! The other CD features two complete scores, courtesy Paramount Pictures. You get a brief 1960's WWII score, in stereo, written by a double-Oscar winner, followed by a longer stereo score for a 1970's prison drama. While the composer here was already known for his sophistication in film scoring, this work easily represents his most complex and daring!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5397

Hmm If it wasn't Varese, and if it was nt for the clues and everything, I would almost say the early 70's western was The Cowboys.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep the very first post of that thread up to date constantly with the latest information. If you read the the main post, it says:

Next release?

The February 19th batch should have its first clue posted by Roger on Wednesday, February 13th and then be officially announced Monday February 18th between 4pm & 5pm PST.

This is why the thread exists - you never have to ask this question, because you can just go to thread thread and get an accurate answer 100% of the time. That's why it's a pinned thread, or you can bookmark it.

Roger has posted the first clues for the Feb 19 titles

Late 80s drama gets its premiere release while an early 90s sports drama gets its premiere. Both Special Collection titles.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5418

Two cool releases i will order:

- supremely cheesy JG mixture ranging from urban 70's jazz to his usual big french horn fanfares, rounded off with synth beats á la GREMLINS 2 - only complete morons could hate it

- Horner's first tentative steps towards LEGENDS OF THE FALL and APOLLO 13, you can enjoy the noble, reflective quietness or even play WHERE'S WALDO with all the usual quotes from earlier and later scores.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4976&start=45

Roger Feigelson posted this at Intrada's message board on Feb 23rd.

And we'll be knocking out another 5 or 6 Goldsmith titles in the next few weeks. Some revisits, so premieres. Turned into a very Goldsmith heavy season for some reason.

Perhaps Sebastiian finally gets it's release Lukas Kendall hinted at several years ago? Maybe The Ghost And The Darkness? Psycho II or Mulan perhaps?