The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Cocoon and The Hunt for Red October are are both coming out on October 28th. Woo-hoo!

1383811_10151708624372169_1448400716_n.j

1374798_10151708624537169_1595793554_n.j

Good grief...Intrada is going to bankrupt me :(

Cocoon and The Hunt for Red October are are both coming out on October 28th. Woo-hoo!

Specialty labels are going for our collective jugular again! Oh the sweet agony!

First world problems .... :)

Two awesome scores, two holy grails for expansion (and for Red October, remastering), one happily depleted wallet.

I think either one of these scores alone would be a jaw dropping celebration for me, but having them both together is bringing out that obsessive side of me.

Cocoon is one of those scores where for certain cues, I used to wear out the VHS video tape at school by rewinding certain parts of the movie.

When I got the OST CD, I loved it (still do, one of my favorite CDs), but I still pined for some cues not on the OST.

This might finally satiate me in this area.

The Hunt for Red October is one of those scores that blew me away in the film, and again, I rewound certain parts of the VHS tape constantly to hear certain cues.

I enjoyed the music when I got the OST, but like many, I found the sound quality lacking, and the OST lacked the epic punch the music had in the film.

This release might finally correct this, and present the score in a way that works.

I was never a massive fun of Red October on CD. Half of it is awesome, another half - just ok. But my problems were probably due to quite disappointing sound. Not sure what's missing from it, but I'm willing to give it a chance, because something tells me it's one of those scores that literally come alive when heard in complete version (kind of like Star Trek V).

Karol

I've never heard a note of the Hunt For Red October score (I think I saw the film one time when I was a teenager, don't really remember it). Very excited for this release, as I have grown quite fond of Poledouris' work as of late.

Bring on Conan the Destroyer and Starship Troopers!

As for Destroyer, you can go straight to Tadlow recording, I would say. Which also contains that awesome Sword and Sorcery: The Adventures of Conan suite. :)

As for October, when it's awesome it sounds something like this

Karol

I'm equally excited for Cocoon, as it's another Horner score I've never heard (and I've never even seen the film)

I think Intrada is going to end their year very strongly (I have no inside info or anything, just a feeling)

I might have to get both of those releases too. I do like the Hunt for Red October but I have not heard Cocoon before except in snippets but most comments on the score have been praising.

I came home from California with 11 new scores I didn't have before, and there is already new stuff coming out I want to buy! Ack!

First world problems .... :)

Two awesome scores, two holy grails for expansion (and for Red October, remastering), one happily depleted wallet.

I think either one of these scores alone would be a jaw dropping celebration for me, but having them both together is bringing out that obsessive side of me.

Cocoon is one of those scores where for certain cues, I used to wear out the VHS video tape at school by rewinding certain parts of the movie.

When I got the OST CD, I loved it (still do, one of my favorite CDs), but I still pined for some cues not on the OST.

This might finally satiate me in this area.

The Hunt for Red October is one of those scores that blew me away in the film, and again, I rewound certain parts of the VHS tape constantly to hear certain cues.

I enjoyed the music when I got the OST, but like many, I found the sound quality lacking, and the OST lacked the epic punch the music had in the film.

This release might finally correct this, and present the score in a way that works.

I feel the same way. Especially Red Route 1 track; the film version is longer and it sounds a lot better w/the additional musical instruments and sound effects. The MCA version is edited. Also don't get me started on the final track on the album.... ROTFLMAO

Geesh I sound pretty obsessive. I hope Intrada was able to obtain the film track versions. :lol2:

I came home from California with 11 new scores I didn't have before, and there is already new stuff coming out I want to buy! Ack!

Oh how it just SUCKS to be a film score fan these days. :)

Great meeting you at the Fans of Film Music event, BTW.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone on the Intrada message board said that he has really enjoyed the clue game, so Roger posted this:

Well just for you then -- we have four titles coming Nov. 12th. One is Thor. One is Thanksgiving related. The other two are Christmas related.

Wow!

How many Thanksgiving films are there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_set_around_Thanksgiving

unless he means that it's got to do with American settlers or something.

for a Christmas title, I'd pick A Christmas Carol (1984).

Can't think of something else at the moment..

Hey, maybe we'll get the Alan Silvestri's Christmas music this year? Either A Christmas Carol or The Polar Express would be nice. Seems like Intrada's territory to me. :)

Karol

Just wrote this at the FSM thread.

another possibility maybe could be the score for this thanksgiving film I just heard about, which features a score by Basil Poledouris, and there is no official release, but only a 20 minute promo.

The_War_at_Home_DVD_Cover.jpg

Roger just posted

With the exception of Thor 2, which you can preorder now, these other titles will be available to order Nov. 12th. No preorders before then, so don't ask!!

1393845_10151710007727169_374874420_n.jp1461765_10151751289197169_1938949471_n.j1452339_10151751289442169_873414273_n.jp1453494_10151751290092169_989504246_n.jp

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5860

Wow. All three are instant orders. Especially Prancer. Childhood favorite and I must buy all such scores.

And yes, I MUCH prefer Polar Express as well, but I'll take A Christmas Carol too.

It might not be the best score ever or even special in any way, but a perfect Christmas album nonetheless. It has a strong main theme and some nice renditions of Carols. Didn't bother with the download so there's no dilemma for me.

Karol

I don't think there's much of substance to add to the digital album anyway. The only bit I noticed was a very short underscore to young Scrooge singing in the school.

I'd agree it's not the most riveting score in places - I find there's maybe 25 minutes of really good material.

Not a strong case for buying it again.

I don't want to judge from the audio clips but it sounds as the Christmas Carol has the same master as the donwload version....very loud.

But maybe it's only because of a bad rip for the clips...

• 2 weeks later...

When I saw there is a Broughton's title, the first thing come to my mind is Young Sherlock Holmes......

Remo...... is it a re-issue?

Young Sherlock Holmes is coming next year. Intrada said this on their message board. Remo Williams is the television show, not the film.