The Official Intrada Thread

Trent B

Roger has posted the first clues for their May 28th titles

Two Special Collection titles. Seek your fortune with this late 70s sequel, featuring one of the last major scores by this composer to see release in any format.

The other is a mid-80s sci-fi straight reissue. I remember seeing the cool Raiders of the Lost-ark like artwork in the theaters, then getting the CD and being appalled by the cover they used. But strangely, that cover was more fitting for the score. But why choose? This release features both, choose the cover you prefer.

http://intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5589

And people on the Intrada and FSM boards immediately figured out the titles are Beyond The Poseidon Adventure by Jerry Fielding and Dreamscape by Maurice Jarre.

Roger already confirmed Dreamscape:

I'd put Jarre's Dreamscape on the same level as John Scott's electronic score for Inseminoid, in that it's a curiosity that makes you wonder if the composer had actually conceived of the score. That of course is in no way to denigrate those works (I actually like Scott's Inseminoid), but they are certainly the polar opposite of each composer's usual output.

Not at all. Jarre was doing a tremendous amount of electronic work in the 80s...YEAR OF LIVING DANGEROUSLY, FATAL ATTRACTION, NO WAY OUT and large portions of ENEMY MINE, just to name a few. So it was very much part of his style. DREAMSCAPE sounds like pure Jarre, but is totally out of synch with that movie poster (actually, the film probably is as well...it's not that adventurous!). If you don't like Jarre's electronic sound, this one is not for you. But for those that can appreciate it, this is a treat.

Doug's Corner:

5/24/13

This coming Monday is Memorial Day around here but we'll still be posting our two newest CDs for you to consider. Orders will begin shipping on Tuesday, May 24. With one title you get a remastered CD to one of the very earliest soundtrack releases to be issued in that format. The stereo audio on that first release has been improved and an indexing oddity has been addressed as well. With our other CD you are being offered a world premiere release of a large scale orchestral score from a Warner Bros. sequel to a wildly popular picture from yet another studio. Whew. I think this one says excitement but then I have wanted it for several decades now. The time has finally come. We will post artwork and audio samples on Monday evening, May 27.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5594

• 2 weeks later...

First clues for Tuesday's titles from Roger

One is a 2-CD set expansion of a mid-90s action/thriller. The original CD was prepared before the entire score was recorded, so you'll be hearing the climactic action music for the first time away from the film.
The second is an MAF straight re-issue of an older Special Collection title that sold out way too quickly. So this one is dedicated to those who missed it. For those that have it, there's nothing to see here. Just move along. And be happy that those that missed it get a reasonable chance now.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5619

I think MV posted somewhere that as soon as Perseverance's re-issue of the LP sells out or their license expires, he'd release a 2CD set containing the complete score + LP re-recording on LLL

Same with Witches of Eastwick, as soon as Perseverance's re-issue of that LP sells out he'll release the complete proper score on LLL

My impression was that he said "he'd like to", as opposed to "he would".

Obviously the 2 CD would be ideal. But a straight re-issue of the previous one would do just fine for me (I've got the Collector's Choice of the LP version).

Karol

Yea I don't have any issue of Capricorn One and definitely want it, but would hate to pay $20 for just the film sessions without the re-recording. Someday I hope I can get both in one package for $25 or $30

I can certainly see your point here. As interesting as the film version might be, it is the album version that is a true must-have. You definitely need both.

Karol

Twister? Likely not but oh how I want it.

Don't count on it. LLL has been trying to release it but rights issues regarding the Van Halen material have been preventing LLL from getting it.

Move it up to 2001 and I'd say The Mummy Returns. ;)

I can think of a few scores but they were issued on Varese at the time so who knows where the rights are.

Sphere was missing the finale. And a good bit more. It even had two desperate scoring sessions.

Desperate or separate?

I believe Sphere is missing material due to fees (some recorded in NY and some in L.A.) not lack of recording.

I'd imagine Varese owns a lot of stuff this would be relevant to.

A suggestion at FSM is The River Wild. Certainly a replacement score is a prime candidate for a CD master being needed before it's all recorded.

Well both are 2 disc sets Per Doug Fake, I bet the re-issue is Inchon.

6/7/13

Two new Intrada releases arrive on Tuesday, June 11. Both are 2-CD sets. One simply fills a demand to bring back one of our titles that has been long out-of-print rather than tie it up forever. The other is a world premiere release of a lengthy nineties score, offered complete on 2-CDs. Interestingly, with regards to the latter, a CD was issued at the time containing just half of the score and actually omitting all of the action music for the final reels of the film. You get all of those cues here, plus many other previously unreleased tracks, all in stunning digital stereo! Artwork and audio samples will be posted Monday, June 10. Orders will begin shipping the next morning. Good stuff!

A popular guess is Clear And Present Danger.

Don't get me excited like that Kendal! :D

Though in all honesty I'd expect any Arnold Bond expansions to come from LLL somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Roger just posted:

Coming this August

Once Upon a Time - Season Two by Mark Isham

and

REVENGE - music by iZler

And I'm completely hooked on Revenge right now...just started Season 1.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5640

First clues for June 25th titles from Roger

One Special Collection release from the mid-80s. Pretty obscure film by a pretty big composer. A few hoops to jump through to get this one out. It's perhaps my favorite score by this composer, although it runs neck and neck with another score he composed that same year.

The second album is a 2-CD set featuring music from a short-lived TV series with a lot of different composers represented, including George Duning. This is a volume two of some sort.

http://intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5643

Many people on the FSM and Intrada boards is guessing James Horner's Volunteers for the 80s title, and "Then Came Bronson" for the TV set, being a quasi "Volume 2" to FSM's Television Omnibus set.

Aha! Check out this quote from Roger an Intrada board member found:

Ah FANDANGO, perhaps my favorite Silvestri, although it's a close call with BACK TO THE FUTURE. It's Warner Bros, and they haven't been interested in licensing it.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=22425#p22425

So I guess the 80s title is probably Fandango, then...

Doug's Corner:

6/21/13

Two new titles arrive for sale on Tuesday, June 25. Artwork and sound samples will be posted the Monday afternoon prior. One will find you swimming in music on 2 CDs for a group of scores from a classy sixties TV series. A little bit of music from this has been released before. Now we offer an in depth listen. The other finds one of our more popular composers (and writer of one of last year's megahits) in an early effort, with rich and exciting music that looks forward to his most popular future work. A lot of nice stuff to listen to!

In other news, we continue to stock the One Of A Kind section as we work through stacks of older CDs and continue housecleaning our warehouse to make room for The Lone Ranger. In our current batch, you will also find several early Intrada titles and random others still packaged in their original "blister-packs" or "long-boxes". Blasts from the past! Happy hunting!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5644

Pretty much solidifies that it's Fandango.

Nobody likes participating in these clue threads any more, eh?

Might be that people are burned out from all the releases the labels keep churning out plus many of the holy grails and long sought out masterpieces have been released already.

FANDANGO

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 249

Date: 1985

Tracks: 16

Time = 41:29

At last! Early-ish Alan Silvestri score for Kevin Reynolds drama with Kevin Costner, Judd Nelson gets world premiere release on CD! Moving film is part road trip tale, part coming of age drama, part story about friendship, loss. Silvestri writes to powerful action, sensitive drama with score that mixes equal parts dynamic orchestral writing, gently moving, intimate ideas. Beautiful solo colors for guitar, piano also make appearance. Fun to hear ideas here that became signatures in subsequent masterpiece BACK TO THE FUTURE (happily also available on Intrada.) Entire score presented in vivid stereo from newly mixed 2" 24-track session masters courtesy Warner Bros. & WaterTower Music. Alan Silvestri conducts. Intrada Special Collection available while quantities and interest remains!

The Album

01. Road Trip 1:41

02. Desert Trek 1:01

03. The Train 2:52

04. Grave Stone 1:31

05. Desert Dream 1:51

06. Fatal Fall 0:27

07. Plane Take-Off 6:12

08. Plane Ride 2:23

09. Desert Walk 5:00

10. Fandango (Piano Solo) 1:56

11. Wedding 3:51

12. Dance 2:22

13. Goodbye Friend 2:17

Total Album Time: 33:47

The Extras

14. Spanish Guitar (Duet) 2:01

15. Wild Percussion 0:26

16. Desert Walk [Alternate] 5:01

Total Extras Time: 7:33

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8152/.f

THEN CAME BRONSON (2CD)

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 244

Date: 1969

Tracks: 45

Time = 115:22

2-CD set of music from 1969 motorcycle TV drama with Michael Parks makes world premiere! Anchored by George Duning's rich, outdoor scoring including his memorable theme, several noted composers join in with terrific music for various episodes. Stu Phillips, Elliot Kaplan, John Parker, Richard Shores & Philip Springer amongst others offer tuneful scoring both melodic, dramatic. Ideas center around Americana idiom but cover all manner and style of music, from folk to orchestral. Happily all of the scores included here were archived by Warner Bros. in crisp, 1/2" three-channel stereo sound. Composers conduct their respective episode scores. Intrada Special Collection release available while quantities and interest remains!

Disc One: Music Composed and Conducted by George Duning

01. Main Title 0:54

“The Runner”

02. Bronson Rides 2:36

03. He’s an Orphan 5:13

04. Where’s Johnny 4:07

05. Bronson Leaves 1:27

06. Bumpers 0:17

“The Old Motorcycle Fiasco”

07. Alex’s Bike 2:31

08. Nora Mad 0:56

09. Busy Boys 2:39

10. Alex Follows 4:18

11. Final Fall 2:42

“Amid Splinters of the Thunderbolt”

12. Wayfarer Bronson 3:49

13. Whiskey at Night 4:12

14. Bucky’s Guilt 2:48

15. Mary Delivers 2:06

“All the World and God”

16. Stiff Neck 2:35

17. Mrs. Lacey 3:22

18. Doc Is Dead 3:43

19. Lambert 3:25

20. Goodbye for Awhile 1:44

“Your Love Is Like a Demolition Derby in My Heart”

21. Bronson Rock 1:21

22. To the Derby 1:17

23. Leona and Bronson 2:17

24. Prisoner Billy 4:22

“That Undiscovered Country”

25. Amish Farm 2:56

26. Worried Parents 2:48

27. Jan’s Invitation 3:18

28. Sad Jan 3:11

29. End Title (version 1) 0:51

CD 1 Time: 78:02

Disc Two: Long Lonesome Composers

01. Main Title (alternate ending) George Duning 0:55

"A Famine Where Abundance Lies” John Parker

02. Neck Deep 4:45

“Old Tigers Never Die—They Just Run Away” John Parker

03. Highway Triangle 4:52

“Where Will the Trumpets Be?” Elliot Kaplan

04. Wild Horses 4:47

“Two Percent of Nothing” Stu Phillips

05. Free Water 6:12

“A Long Trip to Yesterday” John Parker

06. Tate Don’t Shuck 5:45

“Against a Blank Cold Wall” Dean Elliott

07. The Snake 4:57

“Sibyl” Richard Shores

08. Moonlight Meeting 8:42

“The Gleam of the Eagle Mind” Stu Phillips

09. Lady of Sweet Sorrows 5:48

“Lucky Day” Richard Shores

10. Eve and Len 4:13

“Mating Dance for Tender Grass” John Parker

11. Bronson Under Siege 4:24

12. Manure-Spreader’s - Gavotte Source 3:48

“The Mountain” Tom McIntosh

13. Breaking the Ice 6:56

“The Ninety-Nine Mile Circle” Richard Shores

14. Nice Circle 4:49

“What’s an Ark Without Centaurs?” Philip Springer

15. Montage 5:28

16. End Title (version 2) George Duning

Disc Two Total Time: 77:20

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8097/.f

For reasons both due additions to our sound studio and the Grand Poobah being asleep at the wheel, audio samples for the two new releases being announced today will not be posted here for a couple of days. I'd like to think the releases will speak for themselves but rest assured we will have samples available here shortly. I promise.

Either they forgot to post clues or nothing is due this coming Monday?

Did I miss that they were skipping a week?

Roger's clues for July 8th titles:

Sorry for the lateness of any clues. It's a long holiday weekend here in the states and I needed some rest so I've been offline. One release is a Signature Edition from an obscure 1989 TV movie by a favorite composer around these parts. I wish he was more of a favorite with everyone else though! The other is a remastered, repackaged reissue of a previous Intrada album. Very slightly expanded. First issue left off the end title and we've been wanting to get that out there for some time.

http://intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=64840#p64840

Doug's clues for July 8th titles:

7/8/13
Two new releases will be announced late this afternoon, with artwork and samples giving you a preview. Both new CDs begin shipping tomorrow, Tuesday, July 9. One offers a world premiere release in stereo for a TV movie score by one of the more honored of the small screen's composers. The other release offers a remastered (and very slightly expanded) reissue of what was at the time also a world premiere, and a significant milestone for both the composer and our label back in the day. Neat stuff!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5662

Yes, I think it must be that. A poster on FSM thread said this about the end titles:

Goldsmith recorded it at the time, but deemed its very brief duration unworthy of the album. So he left it off.

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=97345&forumID=1&archive=0

Roger has an update on how their new "we don't say how many units our limited editions are limited to" policy

we haven't seen any noticeable difference in sales performance when we switched to this model with one exception -- we noted that there have been several titles we would have underestimated demand and would have sold out in 24 hours had we followed our old policy.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=64903#p64903

Latest Intrada CDs going Out Of Print (On July 29th):

John Williams - Bachelor Flat / How To Steal A Million

Bill Conti - Masters of the Universe

I just bought Masters of the Universe! Already bought the Williams years ago.

Have never heard MOTU before, looking forward to it!

Roger has posted the first clues for the July 23rd titles
Both are Disney co-brands. One is Lone Ranger. The other is not that old actually, but not brand new either.

Someone guessed Alan Silvestri's A Christmas Carol, and Roger replied

That's a great guess and that is in the cards, but that's not it.

So maybe that one's coming out this Christmas time?

Looks like it's Joel McNeely's Tinkerbell

Dear God please let it be Joel McNeely's first TinkerBell score, complete (to be followed by the others, of course). Best music to come out of Disney since, well...Mulan!

Yavar

Dear God...I would positively dance a jig if it were Tinker Bell, featuring a full album of McNeely's score and a couple of songs.

I would love to have A Christmas Carol on CD. It's a very strong score and album.

Karol

I bought it digitally and really would not be excited about buying it again on CD (unless there are any extra cues).

Never heard Tinkerbell, and The Lone Ranger is already pre-ordered :)