About Score

• Rank
    Regular Poster
  • Birthday 12/06/84

Contact Methods

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

7645 profile views
  1. Film: TESB, no question. ROTJ, for the largest part, is on the same level, but the teddy bears defeating the Empire troops on Endor (and this playing a major role in the destruction of the second Death Star) ruined it a bit for me. These were the first signs of the "Jar-Jar / Gungans / child Anakin" attitude appearing in George Lucas' works. Score: I chose TESB again, although ANH is close. TESB seems to me more "mature". The best parts of ROTJ are equal or even superior to TESB, but I just don't like all the dark Jabba part as a listening experience in itself.
  2. The sheet music is not a problem. "Only" the recordings are gone forever...
  3. It sounds like that. Still, "someone" managed to produce something just as iconic and epic as Williams' best efforts. My vote goes to TLJ.
  4. It's MATESSINO. Not "Mattessino".
  5. Huge walls of sound effects in action sequences in modern movies make the music almost go unnoticed, so why would JW bother to write in the style of SW / ESB?
  6. You are strongly recommended to listen to the whole work. The 6th symphony by Tchaikovsky is among the two or three best pieces of music ever written.
  7. As much as I also would like to get my teeth on the CDs very quickly, this is just fantastic news in view of similar future releases. Let's be patient, it will be worth it!
  8. Instead, that's exactly how I feel... I would be interested only in complete releases of HP1, HP2 and HP3. Extremely interested in those and E.T. . But I would not spend 1 dollar for any of the other scores in the HP franchise.
  9. E.T., because I would like to have EVERYTHING from this score, including alternates and all the concert pieces. Also, since it is clear that it is one of JW's own favourites, it should not be difficult to get the thing done.
  10. "For myself I know that, as long as I can summarize my experience in words, I would certainly not make any music about it." (Gustav Mahler, 1896).
  11. For a couple of seconds I had been thinking it would be the complete score...!
  12. Right. Buon compleanno, Maestro Morricone!
  13. Giacchino ---> Dijakkino (if I understood correctly what you mean)
  14. Never. He wrote it to select a new race of wind players with unlimited lung capacity. Those who cannot play it will die in the attempt. I was starting to suspect that it could be for English Horn because of the rather typical triplet figurations in the 4th, 5th and 6th staff (it reminds of a similar passage from Rossini's William Tell Ouverture, with slightly different intervals), but I had no clue at all that it was from Tristan. I only remember the prelude and Isolde's death song from that opera!
  15. I also thought the same (also because of the key), but I didn't find a passage like this in the score... anyway, it looks like something that Richard Strauss could have composed (maybe from an opera?), or maybe Wagner... (but then, in most editions one would expect to find German markings...)