Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

yes,but since it's really new music it's just as important as Fortune and Glory.

This recording contains a bit of the second file from the Lego rips so we have most of the "new" material. What's left is similar to the film version

It can't be as important as "Fortune and Glory" - it's the best unreleased cue, and the DVD rip is rather heavy on sound effects. But it's nice to have more clean music, nonetheless. :)

Ah, a pity, it's the second part of that cue, which we already had 90% FX-less; it's the first part that was heavy on bird sounds in the Lego game...

All those files sounds compressed ,but assuming Luke recorded them correctly in raw WAV format and his computer soundcard is not the crappiest, a cracked file probably wouldn't sound better.

or would it?

Ah, a pity, it's the second part of that cue, which we already had 90% FX-less; it's the first part that was heavy on bird sounds in the Lego game...

I don't know what your listening with, but that Lego file had bird sounds too (and a rumbling background sound) ,enough for me not to include it in the expanded ToD album proper . Now I can. But overall the sound quality is more compressed than the Lego file. Also the first part of the cue is less important.

You have to boost the volume ,but I'd say the overall sound quality is about the same as the unreleased RotS material from The Force Unleashed. Not great but ok

The best sound quality game files we got so far are the cracked Battlefront 2 files

Yeah, the Battlefront II files are quite excellent, except that when I received them, they were in mp3 form, and the compression was rather noticeable in some parts. Lossless would have been awesomer.

yeah it seems like there's a few seconds missing and makes an imperfect edit...but it's still better to include it

The full scores are sitting on a computer somewhere, yet we're forced to cobble together what we can with whichever bits some guy working on these games chooses to use.

Lucasfilm needs to get its head out of its ass.

yeah it seems like there's a few seconds missing and makes an imperfect edit...but it's still better to include it

The full scores are sitting on a computer somewhere, yet we're forced to cobble together what we can with whichever bits some guy working on these games chooses to use.

Lucasfilm needs to get its head out of its ass.

yep, since this won't be released expanded/complete for another 20 years, every precious seconds we can get our mitts on will have to do. But they add up slowly and surely ...So far we have an expanded score of 89 minutes using game/Previz material for KotCS(I don't use rear channel DVD rips) and an almost "ideal" selection of the cues from the scores . If we had the music for the Russians invading the base and that bit from the Finale we'd be set

The mushroom cloud music and alt They Stole the Children surely are significant additions for the few of us on the MB that care

Isn't there a way to get the actual audio files in the game , like we got for Lego,TFU,BF2...etc...

There's significant material we may never come across again , so it's worth it to get it in possibly better sound quality than those recordings

What platform are you using, Luke? PS2 or Wii? Those consoles usually seem accessible (unlike the maximum security locked down PS3), but it's really on a game-to-game basis. Knowing the file formats for the music or the data packages would help.

i'm using the ps2 version.

but i dont have a clue how to crack gamefiles...

And i suppose that if files were cracked some improvement in quality could be achieved.

i dont know how good my sound card is, and recording during gameplay has to be 'lossy'.

this is what is on the DVD. the selected file is the one that has to have the music, the folders do not contain anything more than kilobytes. This file is 2.45 GB.

Untitled-2.jpg

I finished the game and nothing more surfaced. i'll replay it again but dont hold your breaths, sadly :)

About the little alternate ending to Jungle chase, any thoughts?

hm who was doing the Force UNleashed PS2 Rips? wasn't that version also created by AM2?.. maybe he could do it, or give you an advice.

How do you enjoy the game? I heard that the story is told in a very rushed - not caring way, also that the facial animations look like c**p.. Is it funny?

A2M looks like a proprietary format as the game was in fact developed by A2M (Artificial Mind and Movement). It may, however, be a more common file format in disguise.

the story of the game seems a bit unexplained. the facial animations are normal for a ps2 game i suppose.

the game has few freedom than tomb raider games or the previous indy games. there is no jump button for example. the levels are streamlined. i enjoyed it though i would have prefered the next gen version.

UPDATE: do my ears deceive me?

In the first 10 minutes preview we saw sometime ago, (where we discovered the russians music) is in the 1st seconds (the wii menu) the bit of TOD end Credits that we needed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hzp4yG9bU0

because if so... then somebody has to record it O_O

No I think King Mark is not right, this has to be the original..dammit now I have to rent it.

the trumpets sound exactly like the front channelrip - the two notes at 0:11 - 0:12 on the youtubevideo, are accentuated in the exact same way as on the OST, just listen to it. - it just sounds like a different mix, or another take, but it is def. the original version under Mr. Williams direction

however, speedup that crazy, it is pretty useless, because slowing it down has a very ugly sounding result

those game music editors can;t do anything right (for us) ...WHY did they decide to speed up the only segment left off the Concord release and that all the music fans want? ooh this is a cool bit,I bet i'll sound even cooler played 3 times the normal speed

they should also let music play for a while instead of making up cues using 3 seconds of this and 3 seconds of that...that way maybe we'd get decent expanded scores

anyway just in case, this is only on the wii version, the ps2 does not have that menu.

if recorded from the game at decent quality (not crappy yuotube video) maybe slowing it down will sound still right.

so, if its rippeable, then we have the complete end credits or we still need something?

It has to be the real recording because games never use re-recordings.

about the prominence of the fanfare, maybe it was recorded from a 5.1 tv and they only got the front channels so the short rounds part is subdued.

If it was recorded on a laptop it would be better to try on a full size PC ? Laptops have terrible audio cards. Someone last year tried to record the E.T. Lazerdisk tracks on a laptop and it sounded like garbage

I could be wrong but it might explain the muffled sound and non existent stereo field

Another explaination : some cables (like minijack to minijack ) come in mono or stereo. Did you use a stereo one?

those game music editors can;t do anything right (for us) ...WHY did they decide to speed up the only segment left off the Concord release and that all the music fans want? ooh this is a cool bit,I bet i'll sound even cooler played 3 times the normal speed

No one is trying to screw your expanded scores, it's sped up because it's just the music before you start the game from the wii menu, all wii games have that screen, they probably sped it up so that they could use a complete rendition of the march in that little time. It's not supposed to be long, a lot of games don't have music in that screen, if you put Super Mario Galaxy, you just hear Mario say "Super Mario Galaxy, Wooo hooo".

I have recorded the segment from the Wii Game...

The speed is in the game... !

And yes, it is the missing segment with the short round theme in there...! The segment is looped ( ca 13 seconds )

But...

Its sounded very muffed and the take is different from the movie version. I can here the short round theme but very very low... : (

I will not included this segment in my edit... it`s sounded too bad for me and the right pitch is a hard work !

We must wait...

Greetings

Chris

Hi

I have a little Insert for you all...

11M9 Water! Insert

Water! Insert

It`s very short, but all the instruments are in that mockup...

It works good with the Water! cue from the concord collection. This is my first vision. :P

Have fun with it :)

Greetings

Chris

sorry this is the wrong thread... can anyone correct my fold ? Thanks

• 1 month later...

'bridge battle' on this lego indy 2 video.

if this had surfaced before the box set we would have crapped our pants...

music with have sfx background but still, there is hope for another 'map alternate' kind of cue

My link

That's it, what there not to understand/like?

plus, it adds Kingdom of the crystal skull - I am really curious what unreleased music we will be getting from this release. (fingers crossed for some remeaining temple, crusade cues)

god what an unfortunate video edit:

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/adventure/legoindianajones2theadventurecontinues/video/6233169/lego-indiana-jones-2-the-adventure-continues--secret-government-archives-gameplay-movie?tag=videos;img;2

in the wharehouse, just when the part i ripped from staff of kings is going to play they cut and put a later gameplay sequence.

So we cannot check if the little opening and closing bridges that were missing or not.

Anyways they are using OFFICIALLY UNRELEASED music, so there is much hope.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I should have my copy this afternoon, wonder what unreleased music awaits?

Let us know if there is any unreleased music from all four films that we could use. Hopefully it'll be A: recordable or B: rippable from a music directory.

The music is in OGGs, just like last time. A quick pass through reveals some unreleased KOTCS music in listenable quality:

"4 1a Hangar51 Act" has some of the Warehouse Chase, although I'm not sure if it has any bits of it that haven't been heard before. It's the version sans Ark theme.

"4 1a Hangar51 Qui" and "4 1b Control Room Qui" are identical, music-wise. Some of the stuff outside the hangar, I think -- although not the Indy reveal.

"4 2 DoomTownFree Qui" contains the aftermath of the Rocket Sled sequence.

"4 4 Motorbike Qui" includes Mutt's introduction at the train station.

"5 0 South American Hub Act" is another unreleased Jungle Chase segment, namely the action sequence towards the beginning that includes the riffs on the Indy theme B-phrase.

There's probably some more stuff I've missed, but that's what I've IDed so far.

I'd be very interested in getting hold of that Jungle Chase cue if it's clean :P;)

And this baffles me time and time again. Lucasfilm and Williams refuse to release the entire score, yet the makers of the game are given free reign to use whatever they want :P

I doubt Williams refuses, he probably just doesn't care. And the score is like a year old, so I doubt a new release is high on Lucasfilm's agenda.