Indiana Jones Unreleased Music Resource

Henry B

I played through the first level of Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings and there's a bit of unreleased music from KOTCS, not sure if it might be "usuable".

I think it can be done from the PS2, but I don't know how, I've never done it myself. I have the Wii version though, and I don't think there is a lot of unreleased music, I've only noticed one partial cue from KOTCS so far.

The game is kinda meh so far, the PS2 migth actually be better cause on the Wii is a wagle fest, and like the Force Unleashed it's buggy and the camera is not very good. It's decent I guess, haven't got too far cause I got stuck early in the game, you're supposed to do something with the whip but no matter how I move the remote I always lose.

I like what I'm hearing so far from the original score, sounds like something Williams could have written.

Looking at A2M's resume, I cannot say I am surprised to hear that the game is not all too good.

I did like the music samples, though. Honestly, that would be the primary reason I would "rip" the game.

You can turn off SFX and dialog, so even if it can't be ripped, I imagine it could be recorded, not sure what the quality would be though. I'll play some more later tonight and see if more unreleased music appears, and I'll keep checking the original score which so far is quite nice.

You could always feed the audio output of your console into the line-in of your computer and record the music, if you could mute the SFX and dialogue. I did pop a Wii disc into my PC's burner and it was unreadable, and an X360 disc in the PC contained a single file basically saying "nyah nyah nyah, I know what you're doing, and it won't work."

You need a Y audio cable, connect the Y part to the back of your TV for the "Audio Out" inputs then plug it back into the audio in port for the audio card. Some people may not be able to record it.

It depends on what sound hookups your console has, and how old your soundcard or computer is. Some soundcards have dedicated line-in or microphone ports, and some have ports that can change based on what you plug into them. But they would take a standard 3.5 mm male headphone jack.

As for what your console has, I don't know. I'm trying to remember the audio hookups of my Wii, and I know the rear of the console uses proprietary Nintendo connectors that I have hooked up to my TV via RCA plugs. A cable that converts RCA to stereo would work to hook up a Wii audio to a computer. Then you just need an audio program that can record input. I think Audacity can, though I paid $30 for a really nice program that I like a lot better for recording streamed audio.

so far here's the list of what I've heard in Indiana jones and the staff of kings

Raiders

Miracle Of The Ark

Tod

Bug Tunnel Death Trap

lc

Father and son reunited

kotcs

nevada 1957

just parts of these tracks are heard.

If you have the Realtek HD integrated audio on your PC (usually standard ) you can record from it I believe

Hook up the console to the line In of the PC (RCA to minijack Stereo Y cable)

Go into Realtek HD Sound Effect Manager (in Window's Control Panel) ,go to Mixer... and there's a recorder for the Line In

I'm not sure how to actually record from there since I don't see a rec button .But I think it means any PC can record

Maybe you need additional software such as Audacity to make actual files

so far here's the list of what I've heard in Indiana jones and the staff of kings

Raiders

Miracle Of The Ark

Tod

Bug Tunnel Death Trap

lc

Father and son reunited

kotcs

nevada 1957

just parts of these tracks are heard.

I've also heard Desert Chase, the Warehouse from KOTCS, Adventure of Mutt, Fast Streets of Shangai

The only significant unreleased music that I've heard so far would be Nevada 1957 and it's not complete, but it would be nice to have

There won't be, they were scrapped I believe (although maybe it was a totally different IJ game, not sure), doesn't matter for this purpose anyway, I don't think it could be done for the 360 or the PS3 either.

Well,if the SFX and voices can be turned down to play only the music,it can be recorded on any platform

Anyways a new game in 2009 only for the PS2 and Wii seems pretty cheap to me

Not a lot of stuff to report, they use KOTCS a lot, they even use the "mariachi" music from Journey to Akator. There is a variaton of Irina's theme that could be unreleased but I could be wrong as I haven't listened to the OST in a while.

oh, shame since the lego gams put background noise in the cues :rolleyes:

Not on the film version of 'Over The Himalayas' they didn't.

yeah, but how many map sequences music we have unreleased now?

None :lol:

I'm pretty sure that claim about the never before heard music was made in reference to this game and not lego, and like I said when they made that claim, maybe they don't know about the Concorde Boxset. That said, I'm still early in the game and something good could come up, although they seem to avoid themathic material so I really doubt we'll get something awesome like "Fortune and Glory".

There's also a Co-Op game which is totally different from the main game, I really can't advance there because as usual I have no one to play with, but on the first level there's a percussion track that I can't quite place, maybe it was done for the game but it could be an alternate (it also could be from KOTCS which is the IJ score I'm the least familiar with).

Do not forget, there is Joel McNeely material you need to watch for, too. I should be able to rent the game soon, and I could force one of my brothers to play Co-Op, so I could look into that.

The Co-Op actually looks more fun than the main game. At least I've unlocked Fate of Atlantis, I've read that one is good, I'll play it on the weekend probably.

Hey that opening cue is the best unreleased cue we don't have in KotCS.

If the sfx can be muted it would be VERY NICE to have if someone can record it.

It seems like PS2 and Wii games are pretty easy to crack. Actually extracting the files would be better than recording.

Are you talking about after the game starts? If so it sounds and seems like it's during a cut scene...in which case it would be impossible to mute the sfx and voices.

Are you talking about after the game starts? If so it sounds and seems like it's during a cut scene...in which case it would be impossible to mute the sfx and voices.

It depends. Some games have separate sound elements for cutscenes. Increasingly, in fact, as in-game cinematics are used instead of pre-rendered movies.

I'll check later if the mute applies to cutscenes too. Still, that's pretty much the only significant unreleased music I've noticed, there's also a variation of Irina's theme which could be from the scene where Indy is being questioned by the FBI, but I'm not sure.

Well,even if we don't get the rest of the cue ,it could be edited as an intro to The Spell of the Skull ,making it significantly better

I really didn't like the tone of it in the film, but it's starting to grow on me. Very ominous sounding. I guess I just don't like that it followed "Hound Dog" (which accompanied the best scene in the film). Mood-setting source music and melodramatic music don't mix well.

I just checked and cutscenes can't be mute, so unless the music can be ripped it's useless, there's a plane SFX, dialog and other noises.

This cue is pretty much a clean rip from the BluRay anyway, except it doesn't have a clean opening, and has some very distant motor sounds.

So there still isn't anything worthwhile (from Williams anyway) to rip from the Staff of Kings game? That is a shame. :P Even more of a shame I guess that I heard the game wasn't that great, really.

So now we just have hope then for the Lego Indiana Jones 2 game? And perhaps Lego Indiana Jones 3 when the 5th movie comes out. :)

If the opening KOTCS cue can be ripped I'd say that's worthwhile, but I'm not sure it's possible. There's a lot of KOTCS music later in the game, some of it might be unreleased, it's far from being a favorite score of mine so I'm not as familiar with it.