What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

VI" is a film that has crept up on me. At first, I didn't like it, prefering "V" (I still do, as a matter of fact). As the years have gone by, "VI" has proved itself to be a rollicking good movie, perfectly emcompassing the Star Trek world in less than 2 hours. The photography, however, is not IMO the best of the series. Matthew Leonetti's look of "FC" is spectacular, Andrew Laszlo's work on "V" is brilliant, and Richard Kline's work on "ST:TMP" has a pastel quality that I admire. I just wish that there weren't so many effects shots cut out of "VI". It could do with about 10 more FX shots. The extended DVD version is far better than the theractrical version.

I think they all look various degrees of rad. A personal favorite is perhaps IV. Freakin' love how that one looks. The scenes on the Klingon bridge are amazing. VI has some serious visual zing to it. I love all those kinds of handheld-looking shots on the Enterprise, you know? It really makes you feel more like you're in there with the guys,

Nice, I missed these conversations between the guys who are so incredibly specific about their movies. ;-). Great reading

Nice, I missed these conversations between the guys who are so incredibly specific about their movies. ;-). Great reading

Ah, the queen returns, but for how long?

As far as I am concerned, Bob Wise found his way around The Enterprise bridge, quite nicely, thank you, and with not a hand-held shot in sight.

I love the profile shot of Chekov in "V" where he is in shadow - it's the shot where he says "Recommend Gallileo find safe harbor".

Personally, I think that "IV" is shot completely flat, and without character, but I enjoy the film despite this. Inexplicably, Don Peterman was nominated far an Oscar for "IV", but deservedly lost to Chris Menges, for "The Mission".

As for Ren's comments, I don't believe we have met - in a manner of speaking - but these "nerdy" conversations where people discuss the minutae of films, music, etc., are things which I enjoy. Glad that you get so much pleasure out of reading them.

As for Ren's comments, I don't believe we have met - in a manner of speaking - but these "nerdy" conversations where people discuss the minutae of films, music, etc., are things which I enjoy. Glad that you get so much pleasure out of reading them.

I do Richard, for many reasons - I find them interesting, educating, humorous, and how shall I say...satisfying.

A personal favorite is perhaps IV. Freakin' love how that one looks. The scenes on the Klingon bridge are amazing.

IV was my first introduction to Trek. Deep down, I think the crew still flies around the galaxy in a Bird of Prey, and all the Enterprise crap is just a ruse.

Now if only Morlock and Elmo would return.

And Blumenkohl and artyjeffrey

Your quarrel with AI stems from a time when he harassed a member of the finer sex, correct? Does she even post here anymore? Don't they have forgiveness in your country? I don't remember him being a problem in our temporary interim forum of which he was a member when you amassed your "+160 Posts. NEVER FORGET!" total.

It was Padme. AI is a forum sociopath. I wouldn't be bothered if he was still here, but he couldn't help himself. What's funny about it is you just know he's lurking about reading the board.

Where is Miss Padme btw? She's always a good read.

And I do miss Morlock. One of the best posters on this board on my list (well, if I was to make a list like this). Wish I was half as articulate as this individual.

Karol

Where is Miss Padme btw? She's always a good read.

And I do miss Morlock. One of the best posters on this board on my list (well, if I was to make a list like this). Wish I was half as articulate as this individual.

Karol

Oh yeah some of the core group has been slowly but surely been slipping away from JWFan during the last year or so. Shame. A lot of great ones with interesting and articulate posts.

Was it Ren? If so, my bad. I thought it was Miss Padme, and I didn't think she came around these parts anymore.

after I discovered that some of my alternate identities and passwords still worked apparently Breathmask didn't delete them all or Neil reistated them.

Yes she came back

so glad you came out of your shell Stefan. such a wallflower.

it would be a pleasure I'm sure even if you are turned inwards. I've no doubt we'd have a great argumentative friendship.

well if you insist, naturally I need a fruity drink with an umbrella.

One I can hold up pinky extended and say drink up girlzzzz.

I've been enjoying wine lately, after spending most of my adult drinking live on beers or the occasional whiskey/rum/vodka mixed drink. Actually lately been enjoying gin too when I want a mixed drink after never really liking gin in the past