What kind of TV do you own?

Koray Savas

No, they should clone the actors of your favorite movies so you can grow them like sea monkeys and they perform the movie in your very own home. 

3 hours ago, Dieter Stark said:

With physical media on its way out, is 8K ever going to take off? 

Yes, but not right away. A part of the audience will no longer go to the theatre, they will buy larger TVs (100" and more), internet will be faster, so one day 8K will be inevitable. Today it's a waste of money, since there's no content and it's very expensive, although they say 'Micro LED' is going to change that. 

9-hands-on-crystal-ball-and-cryptocurren

That will be $20, please.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Borodin said:

Anything below 100" is too small.

I would rather say that anything below 6" is too small.

5 minutes ago, The Original said:

Where do people find the space in their homes for these IMAX sized screens?

We don't live in pagodae like you!

Well, to be honest, it's not that fantastic (in a bedroom). I mean, if you have decently mixed movies, it's great, but sadly most of the ones I own don't really use all the chanels. And the useless amount of low frequencies in every single movie made today just drives me crazy: Moriarty torturing Holmes sounded like five buildings collapsing at the same time.

So I must ditch the curve if I go Qled but I can keep the curve if I go OLED. Hmmm. QLED is the better between the two

I haven't seen a curved TV in ages. It's really a faux pas over here. And do you really believe LED TVs have better viewing angles than OLED? 

Many have sold them though ... A few years ago, you could buy them very cheap on second-hand sites. That frustrated me, because I like 'cheap' but not the 'curve'.

• 1 month later...