Star Wars is better than everything

Jay

Maybe I'm just remembering things wrong, but 10 years ago, the masses were stroking off to Episode III. They were all there opening weekend, even after supposedly enduring the previous allegedly God awful abominations. What happened?

Who knows, perhaps people rewatched them and changed their mind?

Maybe I'm just remembering things wrong, but 10 years ago, the masses were stroking off to Episode III. They were all there opening weekend, even after supposedly enduring the previous allegedly God awful abominations. What happened?

That they had liked the previous ones. Or not. Or they were curious. Or they were dragged there because there wasn't much else to see. Or there was but they'd already seen it or it wasn't out yet, Or they wanted to see the story unfold and "end" anyways. Or they hoped this one would be different. Or they just went to the cinema regularly. Or they had nothing to do that evening. And there must have been that very small group of nerds who wanted to hear the music at the cinema or see what was missing from the CD :P So many possible things.

I've sometimes enjoyed going to the cinema even if I wan't going to see anything great. I don't think there's a lot of mystery to it.

It would be interesting to see if back then, with no crisis and lower price tickets, there was more attendance to cinemas. A less picky audience, perhaps.

I'm not being sarcastic at all: I was at Episode III because it was Star Wars. Episode II felt like a gut punch, far beyond Phantom Menace. (I saw PM four times in the theater. It wasn't Star Wars or Empire, but I liked it.) Seeing episode III was just finishing it out. III is the only Star Wars film I only saw once. (I saw II twice because of a social commitment.)

As for "social acceptance", I'm one of the only nerds that I know that doesn't like the Lord of the Rings films. I'm a rebel.

The script never indicates that Greedo shoots and if he was meant to shoot first, why would Jabba question Han killing him?

Eh, whatever. All these recent Lucas comments are just baffling.

I liked Ford's response.

It's ridiculous.

Nice to know that if someone holds a gun on me and tells me that they're going to kill me and I manage to defend myself that I'm "a cold blooded killer."

And I'm pretty sure that John Wayne in The Searchers would have killed Greedo before he got to the bar.

Definitely seems a little lame, like the reference to shooting the swordsman in Temple of Doom, but I bet we'll see it happen before this is through. If not in the prequels, then in the Solo anthology.

A big problem in sequels generally, and Star Wars specifically, is that the characters seem to always be talking about events or lines of dialogue from the previous movies. I'd much rather hear a reference to some unseen "Battle of Tanaab" in Return of the Jedi, for instance, than a callback to the "I love you/I know" dialogue. Many SW books are full of this stuff - even books that take place a decade or two after the original trilogy, all the characters do is talk about moments from those movies.

You are a new Star Wars fan?

Don't read the track names on the albums before seing the 6 movies!

Star Wars

Destruction Of Alderaan

Ben Kenobi's Death/Tie Fighter Attack

The Empire Strikes Back

Jedi Master Revealed/Mynock Cave

The Training Of A Jedi Knight/The Magic Tree

The Clash Of Lightsabers

Return of the Jedi

Han Solo Returns

The Emperor Arrives/The Death Of Yoda/Obi-Wan's Revelation

Brother And Sister/Father And Son/The Fleet Enters Hyperspace/Heroic Ewok

The Battle Of Endor II (Leia Is Wounded — The Duel Begins/Overtaking The Bunker/The Dark Side Beckons/The Emperor's Death)

The Battle Of Endor III (Superstructure Chase/Death Vader's Death/The Main Reactor)

Star Wars – Episode I: The Phantom Menace

He Is The Chosen One

Qui-Gon's Noble End

The High Council Meeting / Qui-Gon's Funeral

Star Wars – Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith

Anakin's Betrayal

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan

The Immolation Scene

The Birth Of The Twins And Padmé's Destiny

TOD is only a prequel in George Lucas's mind! It was written and shot as a sequel, with the date that appears in the opening sequence changed late in the game!

TOD is only a prequel in George Lucas's mind! It was written and shot as a sequel, with the date that appears in the opening sequence changed late in the game!

I recall seeing an interview with Ford explaining that he is now five years older than Jones and that "he could feel it". I seem to remember this being shot on set.

But if I'm totally misremembering this then why was it changed to being before Raiders?

Assuming that the sword fight in Raiders had never happened would Indy's reaction to the swordsmen and finding he was unarmed be any different "in universe"?

George Lucas decided that people would wonder where Marion was and why he was shown to be sceptical after everything he saw in Raiders, so it was changed to a prequel. Of course, the only indicator in the entire film of it being a prequel or sequel is the date chiron at the beginning of the film. No references to Raiders are made in any way at all other than the Sword Trick joke.

George Lucas decided that people would wonder where Marion was and why he was shown to be sceptical after everything he saw in Raiders, so it was changed to a prequel.

And now people wonder where Willie was during Raiders.

"I don't believe in magic, a lot of superstitious hocus pocus." "But didn't you tell me you found the lost Sankara Stones in India last year?"

In my mind TOD plays better as a sequel. Simply another adventure Indy goes on after the one we saw in the first movie.

If I was going to sit down and watch all three movies, I'd never watch TOD first.

In my mind TOD plays better as a sequel. Simply another adventure Indy goes on after the one we saw in the first movie.

If I was going to sit down and watch all three movies, I'd never watch TOD first.

Always Watch movies where George Lucas is involved in the order the movies came out, whatever he or other may says.

"I keep telling you, you listen to me more, you live longer!"

I found this statement very chilling:

"Han Solo was going to marry Leia, and you look back and say, ‘Should he be a cold-blooded killer?'

Remember in KOTCS how Indiana Jones didn't kill anyone and got married in a church at the end? I've theorized for years that this was the logic behind that.

I found this statement very chilling:

"Han Solo was going to marry Leia, and you look back and say, ‘Should he be a cold-blooded killer?'

Remember in KOTCS how Indiana Jones didn't kill anyone and got married in a church at the end? I've theorized for years that this was the logic behind that.

Hey, we don't love George Lucas for his logic.