• 2 months later...

Howard Shore is conducting this himself on Saturday in Spain

http://www.howardshore.com/fimucite-x-the-music-of-howard-shore/

TENERIFE, SPAIN
OCTOBER 1st 2016
SATURDAY 19:30
Auditorio de Tenerife
Tickets on sale

Howard Shore will be a guest of honor at the Tenerife International Film Music Festival (FIMUCITÉ X), to be held from September 23rd to October 1st, 2016 and sponsored by Cabildo Insular de Tenerife, Canary Islands Government and Santa Cruz de Tenerife City Council. The acclaimed author of the scores for The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies will receive the FIMUCITÉ – Antón García Abril Award. A concert of his music will be performed at the Closing Night Gala of the festival, which will be held at Auditorio de Tenerife “Adán Martín” on October 1, 2016.

Conducted by Diego Navarro
Orquesta Sinfónica de Tenerife

Guest conductor: Howard Shore

Mezzo Soprano: Silvia Zorita
Theremin: Lydia Kavina
Solo Violín: Fernando Rodríguez Fragoso.
Bagpipes: Eduardo Rogero y Jorge Mosquera

Tenerife Film Choir
Choir Master: Cristina Farrais

Coro de Voces Blancas del Conservatorio de Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Choir Master: Juan Ramón Vinagre

Coro Polifónico Universitario
Coral Universitaria

ACT I
The Hobbit (European Premiere!)
Four Movements for Symphony Orchestra

ACT II
The Fly – Finale
Dead Ringers – Main Title
Naked Lunch – Main Title
Eastern Promises – Main Title
Ed Wood – Main Title
Big – Goodbye
The Silence of the Lambs – Main Title
Se7en – Portrait of John Doe
Gangs of New York – Brooklyn Heights 1
Hugo – The Magician (European Premiere!)
The Aviator – Suite
The Two Towers – Rohan
The Two Towers – Last March of the Ents
Return of The King – Mount Doom
The Fellowship of The Ring – Suite

Er, actually while it says "Guest Conductor: Howard Shore" it doesn't specify which pieces he'll conduct.

Do we know what pieces make up "The Fellowship of The Ring – Suite"?

I assumed that Howard Shore wanted to create a slightly more youthful and lighter version of Middle-earth. And even AUJ sounds different. I guess an orchestra and recording can alter things slightly. But other than that, I can hear no big difference.

There's only this one tiny moment in Fire and Water when you can hear those high pitched flute/piccolo that sound quite un-Shorely to me. But can't think of anything else.

Karol

As far as I am aware Howard Shore has always orchestrated and conducted the scores he has written himself. It's no surprise that when these tasks are delegated to another hand, however skilful that hand might be, there will be differences. However minute.

Who ever recorded or mixed Five Armies to sound the way it does on the CD should be taken outside and shot though!

1 minute ago, SafeUnderHill said:

I'm pretty Shore Doug said around the time that we found out Pope was involved that Shore has in the past used orchestrators.

Notably Homer Denison.

On 3/10/2016 at 5:21 PM, Jay said:

Did you attend the concert?  If so, can you tell us more about it?

I didnt but...I colaborated with an incoming 25 minutes interview from the website elanillounico.com with questions regarding the music of LOTR, The Hobbit, Looking for Richard and few very interesting things (sorry NO KING KONG OR CONRAD POPE ISSUES) I think that is going to be posted on the website this week or the next.

This is a bit:

So we had no agents at the festival so we still don't know what the Hobbit suite actually contains.

16 hours ago, Incanus said:

So we had no agents at the festival so we still don't know what the Hobbit suite actually contains.

Too many notes, I'm sure!

Karol

How much Misty Mountains would be included in the suite? Would it be illogically present throughout movement 1 and then dropped shamelessly? Will we still have the totally idiotic switch from 'I'm going on an adventure!' to the apocalypse?

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Because unlike the Erebor theme, it's a great melody?

Because you compare a two bar motif that was intended as a motif to a ca. ten bar full theme that was written and intended as a song, and is therefor of course the longer flowing melody?

Why not compare it to House of Durin, which is actually related to MM? Or is that too logical?

Here its an interview to Shore and moments from the musical rehearsal from the concert.

About the 4 Movementes Hobbit Suite:

The 2 movement  is a mixture from "Beyond the Forest" and "Feast of Starlight" in a more lyrical, aria form, as the singer says in this video, only in spanish:

The 4 movement includes Dain Ironfoot including bagpipes.

• 2 weeks later...