Sign in to follow this  
JTWfan77

Superman the Movie 4K UHD disc release expected 2018 (theatrical?)

Probably should start a new thread for this, but WB seems to be planning a 4k UHD release for S: TM later this year:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/071018-1130

... we’ve been hearing from industry sources that Warner has quietly begun scanning Superman: The Movie in 4K for eventual release on 4K Ultra HD, as this year marks the film’s 40th anniversary (it was released theatrically in early December of 1978). And now we’re starting to hear from retail sources as well that a UHD release is indeed coming. We expect to see the title announced, possibly at Comic-Con, for release sometime in November or December.

I wonder which version of the film it will be.

Guess I'll have to start planning to acquire a 4k rig.

Williams with Donner at the lair:

CW-STM-Superman-confronts-Luthor-lair-10

courtesy: capedwonder.com

40 years ago today, 7/11/78: John Williams conducts his first take of the SupermanTheme with the London Symphony Orchestra. Recording continues on the track on July 13th. The track is called Prelude and Main Title (alternate), and can be heard on Superman-The Music. John Williams also records the first version of the Fortress of Solitude music on July 11th, which will not be used in the final film.

👍👍👍

An earlier composition that was re-written and rerecorded when the scene got re-edited.  IIRC the sheet music for it leaked, but we've never heard the recording, if it still exists anywhere

2 hours ago, Jay said:

An earlier composition that was re-written and rerecorded when the scene got re-edited.  IIRC the sheet music for it leaked, but we've never heard the recording, if it still exists anywhere

Hopefully that's something LLL can rectify as part of their year for the books :)

11 hours ago, JoeinAR said:

Imagine how the colors will pop in 4K. It will still be the most beautifully shot Superman film but now more crisp

No offence, Jo, but...do we want it "more crisp"?  Unsworth never shot it "crisp", he shot it "soft". I'd be happy with it being presented as close to how Unsworth shot it, originally.

#makeunrestoredsupermangreatagain

19 minutes ago, John said:

Congratulations on raising the bar for online movie discussion. Your excellent contribution has been duly noted.

What was that thing they used to say in officer school? "Always strive for excellence..." Well, that's @Chen G. in a nutshell for you!

That and humble, that is. 😉