Maglorfin

Original MacGyver is being HD remastered

OMG, this is SO exciting, I've always been a huge fan of the series! :drool:

The Original MACGYVER - HD Remastered!

I'm buying this the moment it comes out! The before and after comparison looks awesome even now, especially considering the crappy picture quality we have on the currently existing DVDs.

And, last but definitely not least - I remember reading somewhere that LLL has been working on the box set of music from all 7 seasons. I mean, if that being released were to coincide with the Blu-ray set coming out ...:drool::love2:

I remember being surprised a few years back when I learned this show ran until 1992.  As a kid seeing it in reruns (and referenced on the simpsons), it seemed like a relic of an ancient past, not a show that had been cancelled a couple of years before.

22 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Is this thread meant to be a joke? 

20 hours ago, Quintus said:

Never watched it. HD won't change that.

You two! Completely out of step with what JWfan likes.

8 hours ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

20180803_050549.jpg

A mighty weapon! A very handy.

Been re-watching this a lot lately. Up to Season 3, where it was entering an identity crisis, particularly in its thwarted attempts to become more of an ensemble.

Ugh, also this is where the genesis of the show's "social/environmental activism/awareness" episodes begins. After that, so many episodes become such a slog with either obnoxious preaching or the odd treasure hunting, that you're just sitting around waiting for a fun Murdoc episode or a Dr Zito episode. At that point, it was no longer the fun escapist show it once was in Seasons 1 and 2 with all the cool MacGyverism gimmicks and instead more about RDA's hot-air balloon sized ego.

But whatevs, it's all comfort food that I keep on in the background while I'm doing other things. I've always had a soft spot for TV shows from this era, like War of the Worlds, TNG, The Twilight Zone '85, Freddy's Nightmares, etc. and Mac counts highly among them.

In all seriousness, they did indeed remaster the whole show using the original elements, and even replaced all the old-style songs with contemporary stuff (not the theme song) I had no idea until a couple days ago

They remaster it again in 16K so we can see every single strand of Hasselhoff's chest hair with new music of the time added again. When Anderson runs in slo-mo the silicone of her implants will be rendered so clear we can see how they bounce a little less softly than her natural co-stars. 

But the shitty yet catchy theme song will remain because it's always here. Or there. Or...Bah.