Upcoming Films

Quintus

4 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Dunkirk is in Belgium? That's news to me.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

Its only a stones throw away

Didn't you ever go to geography class?

aRO6AEv.gif

5 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Looks like Morgan Freeman is reprising his Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves character.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. And the wig reminds of Anthony Anderson in Scary movie 4

5.jpg

Wow - that Ben-Hur trailer sure is horribly edited.

Nice to see Richard Harrow in something else

Maybe it has already been posted, but I don't care, this teaser is teasing. If the whole movie is like this, then we have a deal.

Alex

On 17.3.2016 at 0:28 AM, nightscape94 said:

Are you not entertained?!

I wager I won't be.

Antiquity is full of great true stories of heroes and villains, why did they have to remake Ben-Hur.

Oh yeah, it is the name you know! Wasn't that the movie your grandpa watched?!

4 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Maybe it has already been posted, but I don't care, this teaser is teasing. If the whole movie is like this, then we have a deal.

Alex

Looks good, very good son! I thought it was Naomi Watts for a moment.

That percussion reminds me of Predator and Aliens, which is quite nice. And the score is by Beltrami, so it could kinda go in that direction. 

57 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

No really, I hope the whole movie is about how to get from that rock to the shore. 

It seems to be. I like that kind of premise. It does remind me of Open Water. A premise many people found unrealistic.

2 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

That would be awfully boring ...

So the more locations and storylines the better a movie is? I disagree. Ridley Scott's The Martian would have been a good film if the entire film was focused on one man and his strive for survival, like we see in the first hour. Of course, you probably were bored with this movie until NASA decided to rescue him. I dread the moment this will happen too in The Shallows.

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

It seems to be. I like that kind of premise. It does remind me of Open Water. A premise many people found unrealistic.

I love Open Water!

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

So the more locations and storylines the better a movie is? I disagree. Ridley Scott's The Martian would have been a good film if the entire film was focused on one man and his strive for survival, like we see in the first hour. Of course, you probably were bored with this movie until NASA decided to rescue him. I dread the moment this will happen too in The Shallows.

I love Open Water!

I haven't seen The Martian; and I said nothing of the sort. I love a good one location film, if it's done right. 1408 is a fun John Cusack vehicle, for example. The fact that you love Open Water gives you zero credibility on this matter.

39 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

I said nothing of the sort. I love a good one location film, if it's done right. The fact that you love Open Water gives you zero credibility on this matter.

First you say one location would be boring, then you say you love one locations movies. Talk about zero credibility, Koray. 

30 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Why didn't you like Open Water?

I guess Koray wanted deep sea monsters to attack the couple. However, instead of a monster movie, we've gotten a psychological drama about abandonment and hopelessness. When Koray saw Open Water, was he old and sensible enough to know what to do with it? I truly doubt it. ;)

Is Alex speaking specifically about Open Water, or its spiritual successor Open Water 2: Adrift? I only remember talking about the sequel many years ago. It's about a bunch of people that forget to put the ladder down on their boat and only figure out how to get back on board after everyone has already inexplicably died.

20 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

If Open Water is a deep psychological drama, then I retract all comments and retire from watching movies ever again.

Yes, you should. 

20 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Since when do I like monster movies? 

That's what you get for not explaining yourself. If your response to a one location movie is 'how boring' (and nothing more), then I'm free to assume that you want the opposite. 

Open-Water-2004.jpg