The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think we can guess.

After all, the Hovito idol, the Nurhachi diamond and the Cross of Coronado aren't exactly the most well-known artefacts (like the Ark of the Covenant or the Holy Grail)...

Although, knowing we've seen images of the warehouse, maybe it actually opens with Indy looking for the Ark again. :cool:

Yes it begins with Indy wandering thru the warehouse.

"let's see, section B, Row 8?" "No, Section 5 Row 90?" "No.... damn where am I?" "Cockroaches....I hate roaches..." "What's that smell Indy?" "Mothballs.....we're close....."

"What's in this box? (Cue John Williams' swelling music with Choir) "Oh look Frank Darabont's original script that had a fresh new idea....."

I guess I never really thought of the opening sequences together, particularly that all three have been very different in content -- from the pure adventure to the Bond-esque nightclub, to the childhood flashback -- as well as how they relate to the rest of the narrative. It will be interesting to see how we are introduced to Indy in KOCS, especially since he's supposed to be past his adventure days now.

Ted

You know, your saying that reminded me of something--unused ideas from previous scripts have tended to get used in later films with Indy, particularly from Raiders to TOD. With that complex jungle set LEGO is putting out, it makes me wonder: could we see at least shades of that sequence that had, I think, a tank, from the Monkey King script? I seem to recall it being some kind of tank or something in the jungle, and I think there was a rhino or something. Does anyone with a better recollection have any thoughts?

I 've only heard of it because one of my Indy VHS copies has a promo for Young Indiana Jones and the Treasure of the Peacock's Eye in front of it.

Yeah, it's one of those prequel linkey thingies.

Darabont's script was still based on Lucas' concept, as all previous scripts were.

And he claims Marion was his idea.

Why would he include her...if he didnt had any relation with raiders in mind?

It's amazing how little we know about this film yet.

not a single film clip yet.

By now we had most of the SW prequels spoiled to the last frame

If I'm not mistaken Spielberg is not one to over hype his films. I imagine the press machine will start once March rolls around.

Of course they could be saving the first trailer for the Superbowl commercials.

Actually, he looks pretty old in that pic. Maybe it's the pants.

I agree. I think they look too neat and tidy for Indy, it only ages him. But maybe it's a part of his teacher costume...

FYI:

Alright...back on the topic...according to CHUD's Site, the trailer for Indiana Jones and The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skulls will debut in theatres on the 14th on February and it will be available on the net on 15th of February at midnight.

The tricky thing about such cases is that I can see the picture on my computer, so I am not aware there is a problem.

Here is a link to the page.

You do realize that same link was posted 7 posts above your original post?

You do realize somebody already mentioned that?

The tricky thing about such cases is that I can see the picture on my computer, so I am not aware there is a problem.

Here is a link to the page.

You do realize that same link was posted 7 posts above your original post?

You do realize somebody already mentioned that?

Oooh, burn!

:)

Type Indiana Jones into Google you lazy bastard! Though in this case don't bother - the latest video is kacke.

TGE - Working around the silly foul language bot.

Yeah, Indy keeping photos of all his old friends is lame. It's inconsequential, though.