The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

Well they managed to pull off Temple of Doom without any Indy's sidekick except an Indy girl and a little boy.

You didn't know that Drax that Denholm Elliott is dead?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an unnecessary precedent Last Crusade apparently established. Every Indy film has to have Sallah and Brody in it? If anything, the characters dragged the film down. Less freshness. More familiarity. More comfort. More mundane.

I think Sallah ought to show up if Indy spends some time in the Middle East. He shouldn't be shoehorned into a story about (just off the top of my head) Indy vs. Thor. As much as I like the character, his unnecessary appearance would detract from the story. I know that there will be loads of self-referencing humor in Indy 4, but I hope they can overcome the temptation to cram three movies' worth of gags into one.

This looks like a job for Roald.

Ahahah yeah we definitely need another thread like the one we had for War of the Worlds. 8O

So yeah there is going to be some changes in the role for Indy 4 compared to the previous three. I expect Indy 4 to be different compared to previous three.

Since the original Marcus is dead, they just shouldn't include Marcus in the movie.

Using another actor would be lame, even if he looks like Mr. Elliott.

On the other hand, it would be cool if Indy meets again Short Round, too see how his life has changed after the story of the Temple of Doom. That story was set in 1935, and Indy IV will be set in the '50s, so the time has passed between the two stories is pretty much the same that passed between the two movies, so that would fit.

I think Sallah ought to show up if Indy spends some time in the Middle East. He shouldn't be shoehorned into a story about (just off the top of my head) Indy vs. Thor. As much as I like the character, his unnecessary appearance would detract from the story. I know that there will be loads of self-referencing humor in Indy 4, but I hope they can overcome the temptation to cram three movies' worth of gags into one.

That's right.

That's probably why all the previsious characters (Sallah, Marion, Willie and Henry) will probably play only little parts. I think we'll be getting a different story than before, since the three movies are set in a 4 years-span and the fourth will be set some 15 years later.

What an unnecessary precedent Last Crusade apparently established. Every Indy film has to have Sallah and Brody in it? If anything, the characters dragged the film down. Less freshness. More familiarity. More comfort. More mundane.

I disagree. They didn't have big enough roles to drag down the film, most of the film was still just Indy and his father. And they do provide for some of the funniest parts of the film.

Even Sallah seemed different in LC compared to Raiders.

All the characters seemed to turn into slapstick bumblers in The Last Crusade. Brody is the most obvious example, but Sallah is indeed another.

:music: Sunset Boulevard Suite (Charles Gerhardt)

Who cares? It works for the film, and the ranking on IMDb makes it clear your thoughts are very much in the minority. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you're all just... wrong. :music:

Who cares? It works for the film, and the ranking on IMDb makes it clear your thoughts are very much in the minority. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you're all just... wrong. :music:

That's where we disagree.

And since when are IMDb ratings "accurate"? They list Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl as one of the top 250 best films ever made, while Dirty Harry, The French Connection, A Fistful of Dollars, Carrie and E.T. don't even make the list.

Back in 1989 I remember walking out of the theatre and telling my friends that I expected more from the LC, somewhat disappointed.

Not that I dislike Temple of Doom, I just think that it is somewhat inferior to The Last Crusade and especially Raiders of the Lost Ark.

All three Jones scores are terrific, Temple of Doom included. They represent three distinctively different action scoring sensibilities. Observing the differences is very interesting, and the overlap even more interesting as a result. "The Raiders March" is what threads them together but I love how it has evolved over the films with the character.

Ted

Damo - I think you missed the point - Denholm Elliot has been dead for some time....

Sorry Damo, I just couldn't help being amused that you referred to someone's status as dead since 1992 as "news".

;)

No. I already know that he been dead for a long while since 1992. I didn't mean to say that as if it "Breaking News" or something....I only sad bad news as in since he passed away in 1992...they won't be use him in Indy 4 considering he dead if they're going to use Dr. Brody in Indy 4...then yeah they have to get new actor. But that if they are going to use Dr. Body...

And like I said he is one of main characters for Indy's sidekick...

I started the Indy series with Temple of Doom. The dinner scene at the palace was horrible to watch at my ripe young age and still makes me flinch. That film has a special place in my heart that makes me favor it above the others.

I wish that I could've seen it in the theater. Actually, that can be said of all of the Indy films, and most Spielberg films in general.

I regret not taking the trouble to go see a theatrical showing of ToD a few years back. Would've kicked ass.

I guess it was back in the "I've got it on VHS anyway" days. :P

women had hair on their vagina's.

:rolleyes: mmm... I believe NO woman (including those in Indiana jones movies and even indy iv, just to keep on topic ;) ) has/had hair in her vagina appart from (possible??) erratic positioning and growth of the embryonic stem cells...

rich pubes

Now that's more feasible :)