The OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donovan in his last seconds of life (when his ears where in pain due to Elsa's yell) was definitely sexier.

:blink: That's homonecrophilia...

Now tommy, do you still think your statement is good? :P

This is official

And the fans of Spielberg are going nuts about Indy 4 on spielbergfilms.com forums....

"SQEEEZZ FART!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!!!"

I get the feeling the good reviews for Rocky Balboa got this thing on track

I'm getting pumped ,not for the film but for a new JW Indy score.

Please don't die this year John

I bet they'll pull a War of the World and we won't know officially if JW will score it untill a few month before the film opens(Remember the WotW JW's name not on the teaser poster Roald paranoia debacle)

K.M.

I'm getting pumped ,not for the film but for a new JW Indy score.

Please don't die this year John

K.M.

Yeah same here. Doesn't seem to be any sign that JW will score any films this year either. Another rotten dry year for film music.

As far as I know John Powell is doing only one film this year which is The Bourne Ultimatum according to IMDB.

While there is more to film music other than Williams I agree with KM that nothing lately has convinced me of it.

Look people, Williams is going to score Spielberg's films as long as he's alive or capable. I can't believe those that actually fell for Roald's WOTW posts.

John Williams scores Spielberg's films, period.

The only reason Williams didn't score The Color Purple is because it wasn't a true Spielberg project, he was brought in late and Quincey Jones was committed to scoring the film.

The only reason Williams didn't score The Color Purple is because it wasn't a true Spielberg project, he was brought in late and Quincey Jones was committed to scoring the film.

According to Jones himself he scores it because when they almost finished filming it they realized that they had not thought about hiring a composer yet, and because it was so late in the game, he did it.

It's utter rubbish, naturally.

There's more to film music than John Williams, you know.

Wait, there is? ;)

Yep, there's Remote Controls, Musicals, and Pop Songs, you know, the kind you find at the end of your cable stations.

According to Jones himself he scores it because when they almost finished filming it they realized that they had not thought about hiring a composer yet, and because it was so late in the game, he did it.

It's utter rubbish, naturally.

No it just copies Delerue. ;)

there is more to life than just bad John Williams music

or Good John Williams music.

there is sex to John Williams music.

I never had sex...K.M. had me neutered

K.C.

I see what's going on here...Stefan has created a second account so that he can respond to his own posts with the wit he feels they deserve (well, actually, this is probably the 6-7 account, at least. We all know there was never any 'Neil', 'Ren', or 'Alexcremers', all alter-egos that were gradually phased out over the years).

I'm on to you! :music:

King Cat is the result of years of evil genetic experimentation at Fortress KM. He has created a creature that looks like a cat and yet has the ability to give opinions about John Williams on an internet message board. Diabolical.

Yes, this is killing his quest for Grand Master, if it is indeed KM..... :D

Nah, he's nowhere near witty enough to create such an alter-ego.

Looks like Indy IV is starting to become official:

http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/news20070102.html

That news has been out for a while on various news sources on the net. It the same official news report from lucasfilms press news. I already posted something about this as official above.

Yes, this is killing his quest for Grand Master, if it is indeed KM..... :D

Nah, he's nowhere near witty enough to create such an alter-ego.

Yes,I am only a one dimentionnal cartoon character.

K.M.

Looks like Indy IV is starting to become official:

http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/news20070102.html

That news has been out for a while on various news sources on the net. It the same official news report from lucasfilms press news. I already posted something about this as official above.

And you posted that even when it was already in the main page here :wave:

Koepp reveals some stuff about the screenplay at FilmStew

Koepp agrees that it would be crazy not to take into account star Harrison Ford’s real age for this next installment. In fact, he suggests that if it were not in the script, Ford would likely insist on references to this being added. Koepp himself was 18-years-old when Raiders of the Lost Ark first hit theaters back in 1981 and, ironically enough, says that’s the movie that made him want to become a screenwriter.
As much as he is a fan of Indy lore, Koepp says it’s essential to discard that point of view when tapping out further adventures. “You can’t write a fan script,” he insists. “You have to pretend that this movie exists without the other one.”

“The worst thing to do would be to have him make reference to things he said in the first movie, like to pun on lines of dialogue,” he argues. “That’s tempting, because you’ve seen the movie a hundred times and you know all the dialogue, but no human being remembers exactly what they said 25 years ago word for word, much less make reference to it. So you try to put aside the other movies and yet be in the spirit of them.”

"The worst thing to do would be to have him make reference to things he said in the first movie, like to pun on lines of dialogue," he argues. "That’s tempting, because you’ve seen the movie a hundred times and you know all the dialogue, but no human being remembers exactly what they said 25 years ago word for word, much less make reference to it."

At least they're not going down the Superman Returns route. :mrgreen:

Sounds a bit promising for something good about Indy IV I say from Koepp about the screenplay at FilmStew.

A couple of good quotes there. This is promising. It's not going to be goofy with self-references.

And I just realized that we seem to be without many crucial smilies, unless they still work with code. I need my thumb up smilie.