November 28 - Superman DVD Set - Official!

Lurker

Me too. 8O

Ever since I was a kid... the only thing that I absolutely loved about Superman I was the score! I always enjoyed watching 2 better. Zod and the villains own!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. 8O  

Ever since I was  a kid... the only thing that I absolutely loved about Superman I was the score! I always enjoyed watching 2 better. Zod and the villains own!

own what, stupidity, bad acting, groan inducing puns, bad effects. bow, yield, kneel, that stuff really does play out of town.

Me too. 8O  

Ever since I was  a kid... the only thing that I absolutely loved about Superman I was the score! I always enjoyed watching 2 better. Zod and the villains own!

own what, stupidity, bad acting, groan inducing puns, bad effects. bow, yield, kneel, that stuff really does play out of town.

The very same thing can be said of Superman: The Movie.

Ted

I'm surprised how well the Krypton scenes hold up today. Geoffrey Unsworth's beautiful photography along with Barry's set designs, Baird's tight editing, and Blake's costumes ... very nice. And Williams' score adds the finishing touch.

MySpace Film Music Group:

http://groups.myspace.com/filmmusiccentral

Are you tellimg me that krypton and its sun seen from the space, coul not have been made with matte paintings or something similar, and that they look 100% right?

In the sun it looks more or less ok, but a planet's atmosphere, cannot be seen as turbulences that escape the planet from outer space...

I bought the Superman II DVD today for a bargain of 7 €, and watched it the same evening. I haven't seen it for about 10 years, but boy oh boy was that lightyears worse than Superman The Movie.

Maybe 10 years later I'm still not clever enough to get it, but why exactly does Lois forget who Clark really is? And apparently Superman can take the explosion of a hydrogen bomb, but barely survives the crash with a bus. And let's forget that Clark was hit by a taxi earlier on and didn't even blink.

At the finale in the fortress of solitude, when Superman throws some kind of plastic thing at Non, I felt really embarassed.

Just read the text on the backside of the DVD case (translation):

"In the second part of the former comic hero's adventure, the foundling from the destroyed planet Krypton doesn't have to slave at terrestrial catastrophes anymore, but fight against outer space- villain Lex Luthor.

The galactic crook possesses superhuman powers, too, and plans to gain world domination. Even more exciting, more effective than part one."

I usually ignore the texts on the back of DVDs or books.

The only effect that isn't a 100% is when Supes flies sometimes.

Don't forget the miniature work in the dam sequence. Bit shoddy, that was.

Superman the Movie is not a perfect film.

Superman the Movie is perfect entertainment.

does anyone actually use amazon, personally I like to feel and touch things I am going to purchase.

And I'd rather do it at a local store.

I can nearly always find cheap CDs in stores, that kind of thing that I'd probably never get around to buying online. I got a load of Mancini and Morricone scores that way.

The only effect that isn't a 100% is when Supes flies sometimes.

You can say that again. And how about the miniatures during the dam sequence at the end? surely you can't call that 100%.

What is so wrong with shopping?

:?

Flies swarming over products. Not for me. Consumerism and purchasing items is a fact of life, but if I can do it online and avoid being part of the swarming, I'm much happier

Besides where is the joy of actually looking over items.

Sadly I can no longer do that with the soundtracks sections in stores, because now they basically suck.

does anyone actually use amazon, personally I like to feel and touch things I am going to purchase.  

And I'd rather do it at a local store.

I love going into a store and actually touch my new baby, but I'm forced to order online because nothing ever arrives on release date over here.

For two weeks now I'm looking for a copy of Superman Returns, but didn't find a single one. I'm going in and out of the same stores for 13 days because they all tell me "any day now". By now they must think I'm insane or something. I'm waiting for the day they're putting my picture up.

And every time I have to pass the "Top 20" shelf, where Hans Zimmer's infernal Pirates 2 lies next to Robbie Williams :music:

For two weeks now I'm looking for a copy of Superman Returns, but didn't find a single one. I'm going in and out of the same stores for 13 days because they all tell me "any day now". By now they must think I'm insane or something. I'm waiting for the day they're putting my picture up.

You should just keep going, even when the copy you ordered online has already arrived. :music: