Movies your embaressed to admit that you have never watched.

pi

I am lame but i have never watched:

Dracula (i don't think any of them)

Angela's Ashes

Caspablanca (yes i know thats amazing)

Nixon

Superman 2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only Dracula version I have seen is the one scored by Williams. As far as movies I ashamed of myself for having not seen them yet:

Vertigo

The Devil and Daniel Webster

The Pink Panther (original)

Clerks (I just saw the sequel at the theater last weekend too!)

The Color Purple (I swear it has nothing to dowith the fact that Williams didn't score it!)

Angela's Ashes

Citizen Kane

The Natural

The Pink Panther (original also:)

Empire of the Sun (the whole way through)

Casablanca

The Adventures of Robin Hood

Umm....well ok i have to admit....the Godfather Triology

Close Encounters, Superman - The Movie, E.T., Schindler's List...

I am such a fake John Williams fan. :thumbup:

You've really never seen Superman? Holy crap. Go watch it. Now. Please. You paid to see that pile of crap Returns, right? Then please, watch the original film!

As for mine...well, why should I say? It's embarassing, after all! :fouetaa: Okay, fine, here's a few:

Pulp Fiction

The Shawshank Redemption

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Gremlins

Alien

The Godfather: Part II

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Gone With The Wind, Casablanca, Citizen Kane, Psycho, Jaws (technically yes, but I cant remember much), Nixon, JFK, The Longest Day (have DVD), High Noon (have DVD), The Shining (have DVD), The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (have it somewhere)

I've never seen all of Gone with the Wind (and I don't really want to), I've never seen Stagecoach (1939), 12 Angry Men, Lawrence of Arabia, It's a Wonderful Life, M or Spartacus. :oops:

I'm not so much embarrassed I haven't seen certain films, as I am that I have seen certain films, but not in proper widescreen.

These include:

The Bridge on the River Kwai

Lawrence of Arabia

2001: A Space Odyssey

Superman

I'm not so much embarrassed I haven't seen certain films, as I am that I have seen certain films, but not in proper widescreen.

Better than not seeing them at all, IMO.

Lawrence of Arabia

2001: A Space Odyssey

Superman

OK... maybe not! :thumbup:

M, My Fair Lady, Das Boot, Yojimbo, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Fanny and Alexander, La Dolce Vita (though it has been sitting on my TV for almost three weeks), and I'm sure there are others. All of these I will hopefully see by the end of the year.

Ted

I have to add CEO3K (again, technically yes but cant remember much), Bridge Over River Kwai (caught bits and pieces here and there on HBO some time ago, but it never came on at the right time for me, The Seven Samurai, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Das Boot and Dances with Wolves (got DVD somewhere)

I believe I've seen all of the films listed above. I really can't say there are films I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't watched.

There are just certain films I'm not really interested in seeing nor do I have the time to seek out every "must see" film according to critics.

Oh snap. I still know a little Spanish. That was awesome.

By the way, someone crown me the King of Cinematic Ignorance already? That would be just swell.

Close Encounters

Schindler's List

Kill Bill (1 and 2)

Casablanca

American Beauty...

...The list goes on

Oh snap. I still know a little Spanish. That was awesome.

By the way, someone crown me the King of Cinematic Ignorance already? That would be just swell.

Just pop over to the IMDb forums and see what cinematic ignorance looks like. :)

I'm probably more embarrased to admit that I've seen Casablanca but I just don't get what's the big deal about it. It's an OK movie I think

I've not seen The Sound of Music or West Side Story. Should I?

The Sound of Music, no (well I haven't seen it, but I don't like it! :)), but West Side Story definitely yes.

Funny thing is, I own it. I bought it about a year ago at a really good price, but I've put it off in favor of Netflix rentals because I know it's not going anywhere. I really should watch it.

Ted

I don't know which version I've seen, but I might try to get the original mini series at some point.

Original? The film came first. The TV series appeared 4 years later.

I have two versions: The director's Cut and The Original Uncut Version from the Columbia Classics Series (beautiful black box with photos included).

Alex

Isn't the Original Uncut Version the mini series?

I always understood Petersen made a six episode mini-series that was received so well it was truncated and released as a movie.

BBC aired the mini series last year, but unfortunately, I missed it (although I did see a small piece of it when I was channel surfing).

Isn't the Original Uncut Version the mini series?

I always understood Petersen made a six episode mini-series that was received so well it was truncated and released as a movie.

BBC aired the mini series last year, but unfortunately, I missed it (although I did see a small piece of it when I was channel surfing).

It's the other way around. The movie (the normal "short" version) was received so well that Wolfgang decided to use all (or most) of his footage for a miniseries, which came 4 years later. The Director's Cut came out after the miniseries. The Original Uncut Version should be the complete miniseries presented as one feature-length film.

Alex

Funny thing is, I own it. I bought it about a year ago at a really good price

Ha, it's the same thing with me and Schindler's List. I've bought the beautiful Collector's Edition about 4 months ago, but I haven't seen it yet.

It's probably the prospect of having to watch a depressing film ...

Hey, Marc. Do you mind changing the spelling of "Embarrassed" in the thread titles. It's really bugging me.

Ted