It is incredible how many cover versions there already are on youtube. The Hobbit OST could end up selling more than the ROTK OST

Wow, its pretty cool to realize that the Hobbit music is getting so much attention! Very much unlike when Fellowship first came out. But then again, he didn't have 3 Oscars and a massive trilogy of completed epic scores under his reputation then :P

Just saw the trailer today when I finally saw Tintin. Really got me rather excited for the film! And I'm pleased to say that the 3D was some of the best I've ever seen, technically speaking. Had a lot more naturalistic depth than most of the 3D films I've seen, including Tintin itself (although that film was otherwise excellent).

I'm glad I saw Tintin in 2D when I saw it in the theater, though bummed that because I did I didn't get the Hobbit trailer

Hehe...Dr. Watson got so pissed at Sherlock, he killed him with a tiny little dagger :P

In all seriousness though, that looks epic...:o

Since the Messenger has been absent for a while on this matter. I thought I'd just put this up:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogssundanceblog/53335520-50/wood-hobbit-films-actually.html.csp

Its nothing big, just Elijah Wood mentioning the completion of his role.

Finally some Tauriel news!

THE HOBBIT---Evangeline Lilly commented on her role as elf Tauriel, "Yes, she is a warrior. She's actually the head of the Elven guard. She's the big shot in the army. So she knows how to wield any weapon, but the primary weapons that she uses are a bow and arrow and two daggers. And she's lethal and deadly.She's not in the first film very much. She comes into the first film near the end, and has a very small part to play. Her role in the second film is much more involved. Although, I have to say, when I first read the scripts and took the job, she had a lot less going on in the second film."

Although, I have to say, when I first read the scripts and took the job, she had a lot less going on in the second film."

Someone should hold on to that early script.

Is it possible that an extended edition cuts scenes?

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/klick/article14295274.ab

this may be old news to you guys, and the article is in swedish but...

Chaos at 'The Hobbit' Recording

The producers behind "The Hobbit" requested extras for the upcomingblockbuster.

There they received.

Three thousand of them.

The next big film "The Hobbit" - a prologue to the wildly popular "Lord of the Ringare" films - filmed right now in New Zealand.

The producers just went out and searched for extras for a scene. They wanted men who were under 164 centimeters long, women below 155 centimeters, and normal long men and women with "characteristic faces."

But they underestimated the interest. More than 3,000 people showed up to a car park in Lower Hutt outside the city of Wellington.

- The longer the day was, the longer the line was. Eventually it began to cause problems on a highway next to it. People slowed down and looked at the crowd, said organizer Chris Ryan to the New Zealand Herald.

The situation was getting out of hand and the production was forced to call the police. No person shall have been harmed, but the search for extras will now be managed via the Internet.

• 2 weeks later...

Los Angeles, CA—February 8, 2012—Billy Connolly is joining the cast of Peter Jackson’s highly anticipated film adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s epic “The Hobbit.”  The announcement was made today by Jackson, who directed all three “The Lord of the Rings” films and is currently in production on “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” and “The Hobbit: There and Back Again,” with the films shooting back-to-back in New Zealand.

In the films, Connolly (“The Last Samurai,” “Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events”) will play Dain Ironfoot, a great dwarf warrior and cousin of Thorin Oakenshield. Peter Jackson welcomed the news of Connolly to Middle-earth:  “We could not think of a more fitting actor to play Dain Ironfoot, the staunchest and toughest of Dwarves, than Billy Connelly, the Big Yin himself. With Billy stepping into this role, the cast of “The Hobbit” is now complete. We can’t wait to see him on the Battlefield!”

Messenger, Connolly is a really good actor also in his non-comedic roles and I am sure he will be a tough as Mithril chainmailed Dwarf as Dain Ironfoot.

Starfish hair-do and Bombur's weird hair/beard necklace have been the most shocking bits of this production thusfar for me. I don't think anything can top those unless Gandalf is revealed to have a steamy affair with Galadriel.

What would one use for hair gel to maintain that starfish do in Middle Earth?

Crushed athelas (chewed by the king of the Dunedain. Only the king has the magical saliva good enough for this recipe) and the ash from Ered Lithui mixed with the cool clear waters of Bay of Belfalas of course. Dwarven specialty ingredient is lichen found near underground lakes at Ered Luin west of Grey Havens which gives the star fish its lovely consistent form. No loose hairs, no dry scalp, perfect finish. Use it. You're worth it.