Anyone watching Heroes?

JoeinAR

This show is really falling down, imho. My theory is that they're already out of good ideas and they're trying to give the impression of a bigger plan simply by messing up with the plot and the characters.

However, it looks like this season will be much shorter: the writers have planned a Season Finale for December, in the case the WGA strike will occur (and it appears it will really occur).

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think the show is falling you're a moron.

Anyways just caught last night's episode online and I think it was bad ass. Things are really starting to pick up now and making more sense. Can't wait to see next weeks.

The show is getting better. Last night's episode was great, better than the last.

Who knew that Kensei would be such a d*ck?

I have to hand it to the show, I was shocked when Adam turned out to be Kensei. Shocked, I tell ya!

Ray Barnsbury - who thinks the show will be picking up, from the preview

As was I.

Incidentally, volume 2 already ends on December 3rd after 11 episodes.

An alternate ending to the episode has been shot in case the writers' strikes messes things up so badly and episode 11 will have to serve as a season finale as well.

So we're already way past the halfway point to a conclusion. And you can tell. I like!

I did, at least when he told Hiro that he promised he (Hiro) would suffer because Hiro betrayed him.

Yeah, but Adam is interested in world domination, not simply revenge. If it was, he wouldn't be killing people who have nothing to do with Hiro (Nakamura Sr. not withstanding).

If you think the show is falling you're a moron.

Thank you for your nice words, gentleman.

Sorry, I'm not the only one who noticed the considerable lack of quality in comparison to the first season (heck, even Tim Kring agrees!), so I was simply stating my view. If you still enjoy the show, good for you, but don't blame other people if their opinion differ from yours.

• 4 weeks later...

spoilers

----

Is it just me ,or this finale was just lame.A completely random event to get Nikki killed

why is everyone so stupid now...Peter Petrelli,Mohinder Suresh...

So were back to season 1,lets get silar before he kills everyone

For me season two just didn't really have a point. There was no clear villain, no clear plot, and worse still, too many characters who didn't seem to have any reason for even being written into the storyline. Season 1 was fun and had a clear sense of direction. Season 2 just seems to have been a big waste of time.

Oh, and the scene with Peter Pitrelli trying to open the vault door in the finale... anyone else think of Yoda during that scene? That was totally Yoda, right down to Pitrelli's posture!

Nathan's assassination

was a good shocker for an ending though. But yeah, overall it was pretty much at the level of what the series has become this season, which is just mediocre (but great fun for a laugh).

Nathan's assassination

was a good shocker for an ending though. But yeah, overall it was pretty much at the level of what the series has become this season, which is just mediocre (but great fun for a laugh).

It was unexpected, but

as soon as he started making his speech I knew something was going to happen

!

Keep in mind gentlemen that there were supposed to be I think like six more episodes before the finale. Because of the damn writers strike they had to cut it down severely. I thought the finale was okay but I'm sticking around to see what they do for Season 3. Hopefully the damn writers strike ends soon.

Edit: Also too I remember reading or being told that there was an alternate ending shot for the finale. One that they did incase of the writers strike the one they showed and a different one. Hopefully when the second season comes out on DVD it'll have the alternate ending and the missing episodes.

I liked the finale, but overall, this season has been disappointing. But it has had its highlights, and apparently Tim Kring has acknowledged the problems and it taking steps to correct it.

Too bad Sylar didn't die. He's well past his expiration date.

Keep in mind gentlemen that there were supposed to be I think like six more episodes before the finale. Because of the damn writers strike they had to cut it down severely. I thought the finale was okay but I'm sticking around to see what they do for Season 3. Hopefully the damn writers strike ends soon.

From what I understand, the "finale" we've seen was supposed to be a mid-season finale (just like last year had a cliffhanger in November before going on hiatus until late January), so it's not like they rushed it or anything. They simply aired what they had. Just as if season 1 had ended with Peter's dream at the end of episode 10. Also, Mr Kring proudly boasting that "episodes 7-11 are the best we've ever done" gives me enough reason to question his criteria and his creativity beyond any circumstances, so I doubt the "damn" writers's strike had any effect on the show's decline. If anything, it has spared us of more.

Edit: Also too I remember reading or being told that there was an alternate ending shot for the finale. One that they did incase of the writers strike the one they showed and a different one. Hopefully when the second season comes out on DVD it'll have the alternate ending and the missing episodes.

The alternate ending was shot to wrap the season up and make this episode, episode 11, the season finale (instead of just being a mid-season cliffhanger, as planned). That alternate ending you mention is what we have seen. Yeah, I guess it could be interesting to see the original ending of the episode, if I could only care enough.

By the way, there are no "missing episodes" - they never were shot because they never were written.

From what I understand, the "finale" we've seen was supposed to be a mid-season finale (just like last year had a cliffhanger in November before going on hiatus until late January), so it's not like they rushed it or anything. They simply aired what they had. Just as if season 1 had ended with Peter's dream at the end of episode 10.

This is corect.

Volume 2 has unfortunately been very lackluster.

And Sylar needs to go. He should have died in the season 1 finale.

Whatever the case, it does feel like they saw a strike looming and tried to get rid of as many loose ends as possible. Combine that with too slow a start for the first half of the season, and you get the very uneven result. Not great for sure, but I won't give up on it just yet. (Hey, they didn't kill off Tobolowsky's character yet, and everything with Tobolowsky in it is worth watching)

I still wonder what's the point of Maya's abilities

Maybe there isn't one,or that not all abilities are usefull and sometimes a person is best without them period

This season feels incomplete. It is incomplete. There should have been another 11 episodes (right?) If 11 is the wrong number, there still should have been a lot more episodes. As a season finale this episode was disappointing, but as a regular episode it was really good.

Anyone notice the Irish girl is still trapped? Maybe erased from existence if the new future was changed?

Sylar needs to change into a more watchable character

Mohinder and Peter need to grow their brains back,or stop making moronic mistakes that allow bad guys to win

Sylar needs to change into a more watchable character

Mohinder and Peter need to grow their brains back,or stop making moronic mistakes that allow bad guys to win

Thankyou. I found Mohinder in particular to be extremely irritating in this season. The troubled genius of season 1 has been replaced by a sort of Jar Jar Binks imbecile, who acts stupidly on impulse and seems to have no ability to think beyond the immediate situation at hand anymore.

I agree. Who do you guys think is the most annoying character at this point? My nominations:

Mohinder - such constant self-righteousness, and that British accent is souding really fake these days

Sylar - if there was ever a one-dimensionsl villain, this is it. And his brooding, dramatic delivery really gets old fast.

Nikki - so over-dramatic! Her ass-kicking scene in the latest episode was sweet, though

And finally, the most God-awful, unbearably irritating character on the show: that horrible Irish girl (don't even remember her name). I usually love Irish accents, but hers is so annoying, as is the pitch of her voice. And she's not even cute, at all. Peter being "in love" with her doesn't make any sense. Anyway, that's just my view. :thumbup:

Ray Barnsbury

My vote goes to the annoying little girl who can't act that Parker and mohinder seem to be able to sacrifice the entire planet to save all the time

Parkman has been getting on my nerves lately, too. Oh, and Bob's daughter.

To simplify things, I like(d) Nathan. His mother's all right too. Everyone else... eh.

Yeah, actually that whole "family" of Parkman, Mohinder, and Molly is a mess. I like all the Petrellis (the mom is a wicked highlight) and Claire. Monica's fine too. Bob's daughter is annoying sometimes, but she's kinda hot and I like her power. I hope she gets to use it more, like when she blasted Claire and West out of the sky.

The most annoying character is by far Sylar. He's not the type of pure-evil villain that's really compelling and fear-inducing, he's just an evil guy who's . . . meh.

I LOVE Parkman,

get that in your mind KM,

I LOVE Parkman, oh the naughty thoughts, stop it, get back in the corner, daddy ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• 1 month later...

Just finished the first season of Heroes. I found it to be watchable even though they couldn't maintain the level of the first 5 or 6 episodes. Somehow the show was more suspenseful before it revealed the face of Cylar. My biggest beef with Heroes is that many elements were too predictable and sometimes it's just too much of a family affair. Favorite characters are Hiro and Ando, the invisible guy and the mind-reading cop. The cliffhanger, although not predictable, was a bit disappointing. Not sure whether I will watch season 2.

Alex

Well Alex, season 2 starts quite bad IMO. Hiro and Ando are also my favorite characters, but "their" storyline at the start of season 2 is, well, not that good to put it mildly. I really hope the season will be saved once they start airing new episodes.

• 4 months later...
Isn't Heroes the series for which the makers have actually apologized because of the poor quality or something?

Yeah I can't believe people keep watching. What series actually has to apologize for a drop in quality after one and a half seasons...

Now that I've seen Season 2, I think that apologies aren't enough. Especially the last episode was a true low. And judging from the preview (Sylar: "I'm back!"), it looks like Season 3 will be crap too.

Alex

It's a watchable show, but that's about the best I can say for it. It has trememndous production values, good actors, and excellent goodwill from its audience, but it squanders all of those things at every available opportunity. For some reason, it got favorably compared to Lost during its first season, but it's so inferior to that show that the comparison is not only inaccurate, it's just plain unfair.

And yet I keep watching. Oh, well; it took me seven season to fully give up on the wretched Smallville, and Heroes isn't yet as bad as that one has gotten.

Took me five years to give up on Smallville. Supposedly that was one of the best seasons, so I figured I might as well stop here. Heroes simply annoys me now that it's obvious Kring has no idea what happened on the first season, has no idea how to recreate it, but still likes the money and attention he's given.

I re-watched the Heroes pilot after the ridiculous Season 2 ended, and this time failed to capture my interest for the most part. I don't know if I'll even come back to the series next season.

• 1 month later...

I was fairly intrigued by the lastest commercial for the series.

Questions abound

Heroes/Villians, level 5 and is Linderman alive?

And Claire about to kill Peter, Sorry Peter!

there were just 8 episodes for season 2, the show never found its footing, but it was hardly a deathblow, really what shows don't have a sophomore slump.