Why does some John Williams Soundtracks doesn't exist???

Damo

Considering I am living in Australia...I've been trying to get as many John Williams soundtracks...however his OST albums especially his earlier ones such the 80s or 70s are getting hard to get now....i mean some of the produces have stop making the OST album and stop selling them...or they out of stock in music store...I not sure about others but I list ones I really finding hard to get.

1. Catch Me If You Can

2. A.I. Artificial Intelligence

3. JFK

4. Presumed Innocent

5. The Fury

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oringinal release may be harder to get as time goes by, and I'm not sure of the availablity in Australia....but there are always plenty of online stores where you can easily purchase the above mentioned scores as well as many others....

check the links here and see if there are any recommended sites....but there are plenty out there!!

best of luck to you!

Lucky for you there's online shopping now.

I like to buy c.d.'s in real stores,but also likes that the internet is a possible safeguard.Before the internet you were pretty screwed if your local HMV didn't have this and that.

k.M.

Presumed Innocent is out of print. I believe that it was one of the Varese/MCA releases that went OOP when their license expired (like Jaws 2, Dracula and Conan The Barbarian).

The original release of The Fury is completely out of print, but may be easier to find following the release of the Deluxe Edition. However, with the Deluxe Edition also being out of print, I wouldn't count on it.

JFK is completely out of print, but turns up on eBay every now and then. It's also very easily found on the Amazon Marketplace, often for a very reasonable price.

Catch Me If You Can is not out of print. I'm not sure about A.I..

On a similar note, Midway, Earthquake and The River also appear to be out of print.

You can still buy AI and Catch Me If You Can online at Borders/Amazon. The others though are out of print.

Edit: I for one buy all my CD's (and most DVD's) online. I don't like going to stores and have to deal with all the people...no thanks. I don't mind paying extra for shipping fees.

Presumed Innocent is out of print.  I believe that it was one of the Varese/MCA releases that went OOP when their license expired (like Jaws 2, Dracula and Conan The Barbarian).

The original release of The Fury is completely out of print, but may be easier to find following the release of the Deluxe Edition.  However, with the Deluxe Edition also being out of print, I wouldn't count on it.

JFK is completely out of print, but turns up on eBay every now and then.  It's also very easily found on the Amazon Marketplace, often for a very reasonable price.

Catch Me If You Can is not out of print.  I'm not sure about A.I..

On a similar note, Midway, Earthquake and The River also appear to be out of print.

some of these titles used to linger forever in record shops here not so long ago.Some have always been impossible to find,like JFK,and Accidental Tourist.

It's Goldsmith and Horner scores that I have never been able to find in stores despite extensive research even in the late 80's/early 90's:Night Crossing,Batteries Not Included...

K.M.

I recently saw a large stack of CMIYC OSTs for 5 Euros apiece...

I also bought AI for that price a couple years back.

Good luck finding the other three, though.

I saw some discounted A.I. CDs for 1.99 Euro apiece! I bought one, although acourse I already have it! Because you never know when you might need a spare . . .

LOL

I recently saw a large stack of CMIYC OSTs for 5 Euros apiece...

I also bought AI for that price a couple years back.

Good luck finding the other three, though.

I saw some discounted A.I. CDs for 1.99 Euro apiece!

Aagh! I got screwed! :P

It's Goldsmith and Horner scores that I have never been able to find in stores despite extensive research even in the late 80's/early 90's:Night Crossing,Batteries Not Included...

K.M.

It's a race against the clock to see who between you or me are gonna find them gems in used-CD stores of Montreal 8O

I don't think there's any gems left.Same old boring selection at HMV and Archambault.and those exchange places on St-Denis don't have anything interesting.

K.M.

You guys are still buying Williams' CDs in real stores? 8O

I can't afford to buy online. Not only is it already more expensive by itself after currency conversion, the shipping just kills it for me. I can get two CDs in stores compared to one CD online for the same amount of money. Of course, shopping online gives u much more choice...but beggars cant be choosers. :)

Night Crossing would have been difficult to find in any store, you pretty much had to order it thru Intrada.

I can remember seeing an actual copy of Spacecamp in a CD store and not getting it that the time.... :(

Play.com has free shipping.

do they ship worldwide? prices are still high after conversion...though witches of eastwick does look affordable... :(

Yes, worldwide shipping is freee.

I found A.I. at Big W for $12. It's been there for years, getting steadily cheaper. It is, however, the only decent soundtrack at the shop. They have a terrible music range.

They used to be so good about ten years ago.

do they ship worldwide? prices are still high after conversion...though witches of eastwick does look affordable... :thumbup:

Yes, worldwide shipping is freee.

Ah, thks. :music: So I just order them off Play.com UK and sit tight eh? :)

do they ship worldwide? prices are still high after conversion...though witches of eastwick does look affordable... :P

Prices at Play.com are actually very reasonable if you live in the UK.....

Greg - who buys most of his DVD's there.....and ordered Hollow Man 2 there today......

I get a lot of stuff from Play.com as well, and their prices, while still being too expensive for me (usually with CDs) are better than many places. Plus if you consider no P&P charge, it's even better.

However, nothing beats my mum finding TPM OST for just £2 in WHSmith during a trip to Croydon in Xmas '03. I didn't have a single track of Star Wars until then and I'm very glad she got it for me :P

I usually just buy CDs/DVDs from Amazon UK marketplace. You can get a new copy of many things for no more than £5 or so, which is about what I consider 'media' to be worth these days. Talking of which, I discovered that Play.com has a new 'used & new' section called PlayTrade. Prices generally look the same at the moment, but I'm sure it'll become a valuable feature in due course.

Okay, what is the actual question? I can't read crappy english, sorry.
Why doesn't some JW soundtrack do not exist?
K.M.

Okay. Let me rephrase the question:

Why does some John Williams Soundtracks from the 2000s and especially the ones from the 90s , 80s or earlier does not exist anymore in real stores like these day today?

Why does some John Williams Soundtracks from the 2000s and especially the ones from the 90s , 80s or earlier does not exist anymore in real stores like these day today?

You still got it all bassackwards...:|

Here's what you mean:

Why aren't some of John Williams' soundtracks from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's available in stores anymore compared to recent releases?

I'm saying this in good nature so please do not take it as an attack on your grammar, god knows mine's not perfect...;)

I usually just buy CDs/DVDs from Amazon UK marketplace. You can get a new copy of many things for no more than £5 or so, which is about what I consider 'media' to be worth these days.

Indeed - and I tend also to find that people who sell on the market place do not always realise what they are selling - there is no way for people to bid as on eBay, so if someone wants to sell something for peanuts and doesn't want to do their research then we are the winners....

Greg - who got the expanded Raiders CD for £10 inc postage and packing from the AmazonUK Market place a little over a year ago.

Well, to actually answer the question, is a matter of economics, some CDs go out of print because there's not enough demand to keep producing them, sadly film scores is not the most popular genre and few titles can mantain constant production.

You still got it all bassackwards...:P

Here's what you mean:

Why aren't some of John Williams' soundtracks from the 80's, 90's and early 2000's available in stores anymore compared to recent releases?

I'm saying this in good nature so please do not take it as an attack on your grammar, god knows mine's not perfect...;)

Hey thanks for correcting my grammar errors. ;)

Well, to actually answer the question, is a matter of economics, some CDs go out of print because there's not enough demand to keep producing them, sadly film scores is not the most popular genre and few titles can mantain constant production.

True. They are there in real stores for a limit amount of time...until eventually they stop selling them...which is annoying for people like me years later who got interest in getting them when they stop selling or producing them.

Excuse me mister?

I think i am capable of reading and writing just like everyone else here.