The Most Expensive Soundtrack CD Of All Time....?

Greg1138

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What were the most valuable ones going for? I saw SpaceCamp, A.I. 2-CD, Superman II/III, and Yes Giorgio all go for a few hundred each on ebay. What else have you all seen?

Awhile back I had posted a link to an auction on eBay where someone was trying to sell David Arnold's Godzilla promo (The 45 min version) for over $400.00 US.

What were the most valuable ones going for? I saw SpaceCamp, A.I. 2-CD, Superman II/III, and Yes Giorgio all go for a few hundred each on ebay. What else have you all seen?

I think on ebay there was one seller once who offered predator for us-$ 2000. :P

But not sure if anyone really bought that thing for this insanity of a price.

As you all know the most I'll ever spend on an Out Of Print CD is up to $150.00 but my stipulation that it has to be a sealed CD. If it's used then it has to be in mint condition. I know some of you here don't like how much I spend but you know what it's my choice and my money.

The most I ever spent on a CD was $129.00 and that was for the Jerry Goldsmith At 20th Century Fox set from Varese. In fact that is the only CD/set I have ever paid over a $100.00 for, not counting shipping charges.

I think the most I ever paid for one CD was about $40 for Raiders expanded. I was getting so frustrated, trying to find it cheap, I just thought what the hell and bought a sealed copy for that. I don't regret it. :) There are very few scores I'd pay that much for though, I'm just not really into spending huge prices on CDs.

As you all know the most I'll ever spend on an Out Of Print CD is up to $150.00 but my stipulation that it has to be a sealed CD. If it's used then it has to be in mint condition. I know some of you here don't like how much I spend but you know what it's my choice and my money.

$150 for one CD? :| (or do you mean box sets?)

The most I've ever spent on a single soundtrack "item" was $200 for the 12-CD Elmer Bernstein box set. But that's about $16 per CD, so it's a fairly decent price. And I'm not going to get it any cheaper. :huh:

No $150 for one CD. I don't know why people have a hard time with this...

Like I said it's my money my choice. I know some of you don't like it but in all honesty I don't care. I don't tell you how you spend your money. I know some of you will say, "You're wasting your money". Well to ME I am not so deal with it.

I'm not being defensive, I'm just saying..

To answer your question Marc, It's my maximum ammount that I set myself on. The most I have ever spent on a CD was for Predator which was about $138 if I recall correctly... like I said my money, my choice... if ya don't like I don't care.

you know what it's my choice and my money.
I don't know why people have a hard time with this...

Like I said it's my money my choice. I know some of you don't like it but in all honesty I don't care. I don't tell you how you spend your money. I know some of you will say, "You're wasting your money". Well to ME I am not so deal with it.

like I said my money, my choice... if ya don't like I don't care.

Sounds kinda defensive to me, but anyway.

My TTT boxset was probably the most expensive soundtrack I've bought, followed by FotR, followed by the Rhino 2-disc Superman released. Can't remember exact figures for the first two, but I know Superman for some reason cost a whopping €48.50 when I bought it.

Not at all. Most I ever paid was $160 for a mint CD of Spacecamp. I had just gone through an unhappy break-up and needed to do something crazy. I always loved this score and I've never regretted buying it (except for about 10 seconds after seeing the "congratulations you have won the auction" message on E-bay, when I thought "My God. What have I done?" I felt like I'd just blown up the Enterprise!). I've never paid close to that for a single CD before or since. However, I'd happily pay market price for any worthy box set. I paid over $200 for the complete works of Bach. I consider that incredibly cheap as the list price was $1800.

:huh:

Why so angry? Read the posts. No-one's telling you you shouldn't pay that much, I was just a little surprised.

Not at all. Most I ever paid was $160 for a mint CD of Spacecamp. I had just gone through an unhappy break-up and needed to do something crazy. I always loved this score and I've never regretted buying it (except for about 10 seconds after seeing the "congratulations you have won the auction" message on E-bay, when I thought "My God. What have I done?" I felt like I'd just blown up the Enterprise!).

I felt that way after a few minutes after buying the Jerry Goldsmith Boxed set. :|

Just when we were all forgetting about the infamous 128.50.

:huh:

That happened to me as well, I finally found the Intrada expanded Poltergiest II for $60.00 and decided to buy it, I kept getting outbid everytime I found a copy on eBay.

I'll be damned if a week later Varese announced they were going to be releasing it. :(

I think the most I ever paid for one CD was about $40 for Raiders expanded. I was getting so frustrated, trying to find it cheap, I just thought what the hell and bought a sealed copy for that. I don't regret it. ;) There are very few scores I'd pay that much for though, I'm just not really into spending huge prices on CDs.

The most I've ever spent on a single soundtrack "item" was $200 for the 12-CD Elmer Bernstein box set. But that's about $16 per CD, so it's a fairly decent price. And I'm not going to get it any cheaper. :)

Actually I forgot about the Godzilla Perfect Boxed sets. I paid 99.95 for those plus the shipping from Japan brought it up to $120.00, which is actually cheaper than buying them from a retailer here in the US and paying for shipping.

I'm nothing like as adventuous as you guys. My most expensive music purchase was TTT:CR which I believe was around £40 (a totally extortionate price, and I still firmly believe they were taking all the advantage they could out of the demand for the music - but it was worth it for the music).

My rarest normal CDs actually didn't cost me much at all. Goldsmith's The Edge for £10, JNH's Wyatt Earp for about the same (I got it from Ebay US) and Mark Mancina's Twister for just £5. I easily paid more than that in my early days of music-loving - before I realised just how preposterously expensive score CDs really are.

Actually I forgot about the Godzilla Perfect Boxed sets. I paid 99.95 for those plus the shipping from Japan brought it up to $120.00, which is actually cheaper than buying them from a retailer here in the US and paying for shipping.

In 2003, I set out on the almost suicidal task of tracking down every Godzilla soundtrack I could find. I managed to get one off ebay, and a few others here and there. I've barely scratched the surface. My favourite find though was a sealed LP edition from Simply Vinyl of GNP Crescendo's The Best of Godzilla: 1984-1995, it was $39.99. I haven't played it yet because I want to get a better sound system first.

I was bidding on the Varese Supergirl CD a year or so ago, I was winning on $38 (my max big was $40), and it shot up to $166 in the last 55 seconds. :|

Oh well, it's less annoying that when you are outbid by only $0.50.

You know what I hate? When some moron bids 10 times in a span of 10 mins because they keep coming up short.

Be a damn man and increase your bid by $5 or $10 bucks not .50c or $1 each time.

• 2 weeks later...