The Big Bad Star Trek XI Thread

BLUMENKOHL

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

That is the most disgustingly-thin Orion slave girl I've ever seen. Whatever happened to the days of attractive women actually playing attractive characters (Yvonne Craig in "Whom Gods Destroy") rather than the audience having to pretend we're looking at total foxes and ignoring the anorexic reality?

P.S: BARF!

• 1 month later...

Your post implies that the "U.S.S." prefix is something new to this model. It's been on the starship since the original pilot, and every subsequent incarnation.

Neil

Wow, I seem to be the first here to have seen either Cloverfield or the new teaser. Ah, Australia finally gets something first.

It's just shocked me because it sounded a bit worldly for a show that's about "where no man has gone before", is all.

It's a show about humans going where no man has gone before. So they'd be from, you know, Earth. The human element which makes it relative to us, and therefore interesting.

The teaser was brilliant. Did the job nicely of just teasing. The friends I went to the cinema with grew up watching TNG and its spinoffs and for the first twenty seconds had no idea what the trailer was for. The reveal of the Enterprise (the picture that Neil posted) accompanied by Courage's fanfare was enough for the theatre to be filled by the excited yelps of seven people (unfortunately others in my generation have no idea what Trek is outside the pop culture nerd point. Hopefully this film will rectify that)

Bring it the **** on.

It was a decent teaser. It whets the appetite a bit, but it doesn't have anything that really makes it stand out. FOr instance, the Dark Knight teaser had some amazing dialogue that really makes people remember it. This...really just says that Trek is back, and since the last few outings sucked, I'm not sure if it really has the hook that is needed to build hype for it.

If that made any sense.

That being said, it looks grittier and more realistic. Should be a pretty awesome movie and a new spin on things.

That being said, it looks grittier and more realistic. Should be a pretty awesome movie and a new spin on things.

Yes, yes. A re-retooling is just what the Star Trek universe needs.

NOT!

Not bad at all. I wish I could have watched that not knowing what it was, but as it is that statement of the Courage fanfare with the full shot of the Enterprise gave me chills. I'm still not sold on the prequel concept, but I'm still fairly optimistic.

Oh, and I do believe that was a newly recorded Nimoy voiceover.

Not bad at all. I wish I could have watched that not knowing what it was, but as it is that statement of the Courage fanfare with the full shot of the Enterprise gave me chills. I'm still not sold on the prequel concept, but I'm still fairly optimistic.

Oh, and I do believe that was a newly recorded Nimoy voiceover.

Sounded like he was near death.

Nice teaser but we'll know in 11 months.

In the trailer it looks as if Enterprise is being built ON earth.

I thought all the starships were built in space

I'm curious about how they plan to launch it

Man, my computer can't even play the 480p smoothly. :-( I need to upgrade.

Oh that's not what I meant - I looked it up on Wikipedia before I posted. It's just shocked me because it sounded a bit worldly for a show that's about "where no man has gone before", is all.

That's exactly the point they're trying to emphasize here, which is why they've even revised history a bit to have the Enterprise being built on Earth. These people are from our planet, in our future—a future that is much closer than it was 42 years ago.

Wow, I just saw the trailer, I'm really excited! Waiting for someone to get the higher quality one on YouTube, though, my computer doesn't play the one on MovieList.

Nimoy and Courage were easily the highlight, can't wait!

;) "Theme from Star Trek"

That's exactly the point they're trying to emphasize here, which is why they've even revised history a bit to have the Enterprise being built on Earth. These people are from our planet, in our future—a future that is much closer than it was 42 years ago.

Actually the main parts of the Enterprise were actually built on Earth but the assembly of the rest of the parts together as one was built at the San Fransisco ship yards orbiting Earth and the saucer section apparently lifted up from the surface and took off into space since it supposedly has landing gear incase of an planetary emergency landing.

Actually the main parts of the Enterprise were actually built on Earth but the assembly of the rest of the parts together as one was built at the San Fransisco ship yards orbiting Earth and the saucer section apparently lifted up from the surface and took off into space since it supposedly has landing gear incase of an planetary emergency landing.

But the trailer shows it all in one piece, no?