The Adventures of Tintin MOVIE Anticipation thread (News, Interviews, Images, Posters, etc)

TownerFan

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, Tintin is NOT carrying a walkie talkie? I'm outrage that kids will be subjected to this kind of violence and I will boycott this film.

It would be interesting to know what Fleming recorded for the film. Was it a JW composition or a classical piece of opera music etc. And she is even motion captured so it would indicate she will most likely be performing Bianca Castafiore's songs (the opera singer from the Tintin comics) in the film even though Kim Stengel is performing her actual role.

And she is even motion captured so it would indicate she will most likely be performing Bianca Castafiore's songs (the opera singer from the Tintin comics) in the film even though Kim Stengel is performing her actual role.

That was my first thought

It would be great if it was some sort of excerpt from an unwritten opera by John Williams, kinda like Herrmann did Salambo in Citizen Kane

A friend asked me this and I honestly don't know, so I figured I'd ask the collective here. What other animated movies has Williams scored, if any?

none, aside from the Mr DNA cartoon in Jurassic park.

and the prequels to some.

It would be great if it was some sort of excerpt from an unwritten opera by John Williams, kinda like Herrmann did Salambo in Citizen Kane

Lets hope.

Shame it seems the music is not conducted by williams... So maybe its just a medley of classic operas arraged by him or his orchestrators so he did not need to be there.

Lets hope.

Shame it seems the music is not conducted by williams... So maybe its just a medley of classic operas arraged by him or his orchestrators so he did not need to be there.

Or maybe he will re-record the orchestral track in L.A. during pick-up sessions to match Fleming's performance even more accordingly.

Lets hope.

Or maybe he will re-record the orchestral track in L.A. during pick-up sessions to match Fleming's performance even more accordingly.

oh, so this was only to motion capture her? good then :)

If they go by the books, she should be signing Charles Gounod, Faust!! l'air des Bijoux!!! Ah! je ris de me voir si belle en ce miroir It's the only thing she should sing :)

Decent poster, but the blue and orange color scheme gets on my nerves. It's extremely overused.

Looks great, very vintage looking and no signs of floting heads. This is probably just a teaser poster, mind you, as "Secret of the Unicorn" is not written anywhere.

Second poster is far superior and re-confirms the December 23rd release date as well

Odd that both reference an existing French-language website and not some new English website set up just for this film

Oh, no! Williams's name isn't anywhere to be seen! Maybe there was a disagreement and they threw him off--it happened on King Kong! AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

*crap*

literally ;)

I want to see this movie...

Nice touch that they are showing the european part of the globe as opposed to the overused American part.. ;)

[VETMODE ON]Something in snowy's legs does not feel correct. it looks strange. I think it is the ankles...the angle is too closed. And the wrists... i dont know it feels more like a horse than a dog...just cover the upper body... those look like a newborn lambs legs. i hope its just that particular shot of him...otherwise is going to be wery akward to watch.[/VETMODE OFF]

Williams is not in the poster!!!!! maybe he was rejected :lol:

Would that have been Struzan's first all-CG-film poster? It's an interesting idea. Based on what relatively little I know, it might have been a good fit. Oh well. I do like these posters, especially the second one.

Looking forward to the teaser...my fingers are crossed soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard for some original Williams scoring.

The posters are also "missing" the names of the complete cast and the rest of the producers. John Williams is a little further down the totem pole.

I totally get that Tintin feel, specially from the international poster. And look closely at his expression, that's very Tintinesque.

Milou looks cute, the legs look fine in the shot from the film, and I guess they don't use different final models of the same character. I think it's the angle, or that they put that right leg in a unnatural position there.

Teaser trailer available at the official site and at Apple's iTunes page!

http://www.tintin-movie.net/

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/theadventuresoftintin/

No JW music in it, as far as I can tell.

However, this looks unbelievably cool and truly Spielbergian, imho.

Second poster is far superior and re-confirms the December 23rd release date as well

Odd that both reference an existing French-language website and not some new English website set up just for this film

I don't know. They are both great, but I think I prefer the first one.

More suggestive of an "international" adventure that will take our heroes all over the world. Kinda like Indy. :)

51373e.jpg