The Adventures of Tintin MOVIE Anticipation thread (News, Interviews, Images, Posters, etc)

TownerFan

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Mr Olivarez also knows more.... Hmmm...

What other treasures do these mods have access too?

I know nothing.

I don't listen to mockups, I can wait for the real thing.

Matt LeBlanc, could you at least tell us if you agree with FilmComposer 911 about Tintin being "not so good"? (Or something like that)

He didn;t say it sounded not so good. He says it sounded like Hook, Prequels...and it's not his favorite style

I still fail to find the appeal of that show. :blink:

I'm searching for it now. Doesn't seem to be online! I found this though (click to embiggen):

the-adventures-of-tintin-secret-of-the-unicorn-image-600x337.jpg

I also found this: Someone took the trailer and replaced all the visuals with scenes from the 90s cartoon

Really made me want to check out the cartoon, actually

Um, if anyone had footage of the actual footage it would be on youtube somewhere

Not likely. Even if there was anything, it was quickly removed. But I suppose there may exist some clips from the panel that haven't been revealed publicly.

Ah. Well, hopefully if anyone reading this has something like that, they will do the right thing :)

Um, if anyone had footage of the actual footage it would be on youtube somewhere

Not likely. Even if there was anything, it was quickly removed. But I suppose there may exist some clips from the panel that haven't been revealed publicly.

What, apart from free publicity, is going to happen by leaving amateur recordings on YT?

I also found this: Someone took the trailer and replaced all the visuals with scenes from the 90s cartoon

Really made me want to check out the cartoon, actually

awesome :lol:

More news regarding Johnny's score...

[...] Some of the special effects, sound mixing, and animation were admittedly incomplete, and they had just looped in John Williams’ score, recorded only two days prior. But despite this, the footage exuded a level of polish that was quite impressive and I found myself wrapped up in what was going on and longing for more.

[...]

[side note: Williams’ score sounds amazing, a throwback to his scores for adventure films from decades past. I can’t wait to hear it in its entirety!]

Linky: http://www.slashfilm.com/visiting-weta-exclusive-the-adventures-tintin/

Edit: There's some extra stuff on the audio at the end of the article, where they describe like "it sounded from Raiders of the Lost Ark", "old-school adventure style John Williams", "it's not like recent John Williams, it's like old-school John Williams" :up:

I don't get it ,recorded 2 days prior? Did he write a new score to replace the one he recorded last year?

Maybe it was a few last minute adjustments the article mistook for having recorded the whole score just two days ago, or perhaps the article is just plain misinformed

We can have FilmComposer see if the score in the final film/soundtrack is the same as the one he heard a few months ago once the film comes out.

More news regarding Johnny's score...

[...] Some of the special effects, sound mixing, and animation were admittedly incomplete, and they had just looped in John Williams’ score, recorded only two days prior. But despite this, the footage exuded a level of polish that was quite impressive and I found myself wrapped up in what was going on and longing for more.

[...]

[side note: Williams’ score sounds amazing, a throwback to his scores for adventure films from decades past. I can’t wait to hear it in its entirety!]

Linky: http://www.slashfilm.com/visiting-weta-exclusive-the-adventures-tintin/

Edit: There's some extra stuff on the audio at the end of the article, where they describe like "it sounded from Raiders of the Lost Ark", "old-school adventure style John Williams", "it's not like recent John Williams, it's like old-school John Williams" :up:

Unless I know this voice comes from a person who knows and listens to Williams on a regular basis, I don't give a damn about someone claiming Williams being "old school" again.

I've read that too many times to believe it.

After the past couple of years, at the age of 70-something, why would Williams suddenly write music again like in the 80s?

Didn't people claim ROTS was "old Williams", and KOTCS was largely "vintage Williams"?

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Here's the full audio quote (not perfectly transcribed):

"- We heard some new JW music that none of you assholes have heard yet!

- It sounded like it was from Raiders of the Lost Ark, it's really old school adventure style JW. This is not like Minority Report JW, this is like--well actually no, it's not um...what was that one he did recently that was really off the beaten path? Alright, it's not like recent JW, it's like old school JW.

- Oh no yeah absolutely, it's Williams doing a Spielberg adventure movie, for Christs sake, how cool can that be!"

Here's the full audio quote (not perfectly transcribed):

"- We heard some new JW music that none of you assholes have heard yet!

- It sounded like it was from Raiders of the Lost Ark, it's really old school adventure style JW. This is not like Minority Report JW, this is like--well actually no, it's not um...what was that one he did recently that was really off the beaten path? Alright, it's not like recent JW, it's like old school JW.

- Oh no yeah absolutely, it's Williams doing a Spielberg adventure movie, for Christs sake, how cool can that be!"

Yeap JW experts, definitely. I would take their word on this.

And for the record, I am not expecting a return to the glory days of the 1970's and 80's. If that happens to be the case so be it. I just want JW to write a great score, no matter what style it is in.

I don't get it ,recorded 2 days prior? Did he write a new score to replace the one he recorded last year?

The pick-up sessions for Tintin took place recently so they might be indeed confusing this to be a completely new score even it is a question of re-scoring specific scenes. Most likely new or changed footage demanded rewrites.

wow, will we ever get to hear the "early score" to TinTin?

Yes we can only hope.

But perhaps we should focus on the score we are going to get to hear instead of mourning losses.

Hmm, I wonder how much of his original work was ultimately 'rejected' and more intriguingly; why?

Yes. Truly a conundrum if there ever was one.

In all likelyhood the movie has been developed for the past 2 years and changes or even new scenes Williams did not see during the initial scoring have caused re-scoring and completely new music to be written.

What if the replacement cues are totally different from the originals?

It's a bit weird no Williams music was used in the trailers, the music recorded last year

Hmm, I wonder how much of his original work was ultimately 'rejected' and more intriguingly; why?

This is from the news section on this very site:

"...We are at the beginning of the process. The main scoring sessions are off in February 2010..." (Conrad Pope)

Williams will return to the scoring stage in July 2011 to complete the recording of the score.

So it these sessions were always scheduled. And now we NEED to hear them!

Kalli

Ah, thanks for clearing that up! I would just put it on poor wording - the score was just recorded two days ago, but it was also recorded in February.

Ah, that's cool.

But will it ever stop KM from being convinced there's a partially rejected score in existence, just ever so slightly beyond his reach, teasing him for all eternity?

It's great to see the old JWfan madness locomotive getting into motion again.

The fuel is made of simple ingredients like dropping the name of 30 year old scores. I, for one, am thankful if it's not reminding me of RAIDERS.

This is from the news section on this very site:

"...We are at the beginning of the process. The main scoring sessions are off in February 2010..." (Conrad Pope)

Williams will return to the scoring stage in July 2011 to complete the recording of the score.

So it these sessions were always scheduled.

Yes, the pick-up sessions were already scheduled since 2010, as confirmed by Conrad Pope and several LA studio musicians back then. It's also possible that Williams purposefully held back all the cues that were scheduled to be recorded this July from the earlier sessions, hence there are no alternates whatsoever. It should be seen if Williams took deliberately some time during these sessions to finesse or rejigger some cues that maybe weren't completely satisfactory for him on the first round (a luxury that film composers very rarely have), including concert arrangements.

Yeah it's very possible that it was always intended that Williams would finetune his score seeing a completely rendered version of the film, adjust for changes made in the film since the first sessions.

Better then just cutting and tracking the earlier recordings.