Cloverfield

Cue the whining!

Matt Reeves is in early talks with Paramount to direct a Cloverfield sequel, and, as was previously announced, he has also made a deal with GreeneStreet Films to direct The Invisible Woman.

Variety says the timing of the projects will depend on how quickly Paramount can complete discussions with Reeves, producer J.J. Abrams and writer Drew Goddard to come up with another monster story for the Cloverfield sequel. There's a good chance the sequel will be Reeves' next film, in which case he will direct The Invisible Woman afterward.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I suppose it's keeping with tradition. How many Godzilla movies were there? :lol:

I want to know what happens after, but I was thinking more DVD extra territory than a whole new movie.

Alot of monster action took place in the country side, remote islands, different cities, some films were made as stand alone entries that had nothing to do with the others.

It appears Japan also has fast building construction companies.

1 great film -

Gojira

5 very good films -

King Kong vs Godzilla

Godzilla vs Mothra (1964)

Son Of Godzilla

Godzilla GMK

Godzilla vs Mecha-Godzilla (1974)

9 good films -

Ghidorah The 3 Headed Monster

Destroy all Monsters

Return Of Mecha Godzilla

Gojira 1984

Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla (1993)

Godzilla vs Destroyer

Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S.

Monster Zero

Godzilla vs King Ghidorah (1991)

7 average films -

Return of Godzilla

Godzilla vs Ebrah

Godzilla vs Gigan

Godzilla vs Biollante

Godzilla vs Mothra (1992)

Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (2002)

Godzilla vs Megaguiris

1 weird film -

Godzilla vs Hedorah

5 bad films -

Godzilla vs Megalon

Godzilla 2000

Godzilla Final Wars

Godzilla's Revenge

Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla

Mark, I'd have to disagree about Son of Godzilla, that film is in a word, wretched.

but I'd gladly let Destroy All Monsters take its place.

Joe one of the things that has changed my mind about these films is finally seeing all of them in their correct aspect ratio and original Japanese language.

I used to hate Son of Godzilla but after watching the remastered print and original language, the film flows much better and while the Godzilla suit in the film is horrible the story line is actually good.

Mark, I'd have to disagree about Son of Godzilla, that film is in a word, wretched.

but I'd gladly let Destroy All Monsters take its place.

Okay, cool Joe, you're a kaiju fan eh? I also agree. SOG is a little on the cheese side to me and DAM is very cool.

Other kaiju films I think are excellent are:

DaiMajin (love this film- starts like a samurai epic until the last 20 minutes when the stone statue kicks everyone's a$$, even the villagers after he finishes off the baddies reinforcing the whole evil demon thing)

Rodan

War of the Gargantuans

Gamera: Guardian of the Universe

Gamera 2: Legion

Gamera 3: Iris

but the son of Godzilla is just bad itself, I wanted the other monsters to kill him.

I did at least get to see it on the Big Screen.

Destroy All Monsters destroyed any perceptions that people are not meat. When they rip the Aliens ear rings off, that was my very first GROSS reaction in a movie. In the early 70's we'd not seen such on screen mutilation (slight as it was)

Oh man those films are so laughable.

I had a VHS of the original Japanese trailers for the old Gamera films and if you ever needed or wanted a good laugh, well those were the ones to watch.

Oh man those films are so laughable.

I had a VHS of the original Japanese trailers for the old Gamera films and if you ever needed or wanted a good laugh, well those were the ones to watch.

But yo must admit that the newer ones are pretty friggin' sweet. Gamera 3 was the first monster movie where they shot POVs from the civilians and the collateral damage that went with Gamera fighting other baddies in Tokyo.

Also Mark, what do you think of DaiMajin? Most film reviewers even agree that the first one is pretty dang well done.

Truthfully I never got into Gamera, even the newer ones.

It has been a long time since I've seen any of the Daimaijin films.

I wanted to get the (R1) box set that was released several years ago but I heard there were technical problems with the transfers, incorrect aspect ratio and a few other glitches.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that's the prototytpe and the figure will look much better because that toy looks like crap.

I'm glad they hid the creature in the film if that's what it truly looked like.

These images were posted on the Club Tokyo message boards.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images...ageViewsIndex=1

Looks like the Rancor suffering from anorexia.

The creature was much more impressive looking in the film.

Looks like the Rancor suffering from anorexia.

The creature was much more impressive looking in the film.

J'agree!

And as for the Alien, I'm sorta colorblindish. Plus, I saw that movie once 5 years ago. I can't remember anything!

Actually it was, more of a fleshy color at times.

The one shot were it looked green was when Hud first saw it, but I think that had more to do with the lighting around the creature from the buildings.

But for the most part it was a pale color.

I have a hard time believing that thing could swim from the bottom of the ocean to New York. It looks much more like an alien than as a mutation of an earth creature.

Well if you really want to get technical most giant monsters wouldn't be able to do much because they would be able to handle their own heavy body structure. Their skeleton would collaspe under all that weight.

I'm just talking about the anatomy of the thing. It doesn't look like a swimmer at all, nothing aquatic about it at all.

You must have been reading my mind.

I mentioned something similar over at Monster Zero. It looks like Mickey Mouse in a lab experiment gone wrong.

Well I guess you know a lot about the anatomy of monsters.

To design a creature you have to base it in what we know about our creatures. Create his skeleton, put the muscles over it and then adapt it to its living ecosystem.

Swimming creatures have many things in common, and it should reflect in the anatomi of the monster. Be it plaps, fins or palmeated hands and feet, for example. Sails, a strong tail, etc.

I mean, to design a believable creature (when that is the intent), you have to know something about real creatures.

And this colverfiled monster is not an alien, isnt it?

Exactly why I assumed it would have looked somewhat fish-like. But I understand that it still did what it did regardless of it's appearance, just like other monsters in other movies.

It does look completely like an alien, though.

I found one of the preliminary concepts....

rawrtu5.jpg

I mean, to design a believable creature (when that is the intent), you have to know something about real creatures

To make a believable giant creature...that could walk around on earth....well you might as well make a giant cube. Physics say so. :rolleyes: