Will JW write for Harry Potter Anymore?

oboale

Williams definately wrote more than 40 minutes.The Quidditch music and the Lucius Malfoy cues are definately his.And he certainly wrote PART of cues Ross might have adapted the rest of,like the opening and closing of Reunion of Friends,the end of The Story Continues (I forget what it's called,the first cue).

but I'll concede I wouldn't see Williams re-use the entire The House Cup or Dark Forest music if he had time to write the entire score.But these are STILL written by him,only re-recorded.

K.M.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is basically what I've been saying for a very long time.
I think that's what most of us level headed people have been trying to say.

Just trying to spell it out for some people.

Ray Barnsbury

I'll agree to an extended explaination of Ray's.Some tracks on the album sound part stitched up and part new.That could be due to the editing of the album incorporating new Williams material into stitched up old stuff from SS.

So what are you all trying to say here?

Maybe Ross should come aboard for Deathly Hallows, abandoning every personal preference, and just adapt the music from Williams, Doyle, and Hooper.

It would be like the story of Cinderella all over again.

I think that's my point.

If he could write NEW music that sound exactly like Williams then sure,bring him on for Deathly Hallows.And why not Indy 4 for that matter.

I think that's my point.

If he could write NEW music that sound exactly like Williams then sure,bring him on for Deathly Hallows.And why not Indy 4 for that matter.

What the hell?

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't looked at this thread in a while... but if this is accurate, Williams may be back to Potter before the end after all.

Well, that certainly is uplifting.

If he does take the baton one more time...

I want him to do it with class and style, I want him to incorproate the music of his predecessors and make it all 10x better, despite them not completely taking his ideas when it was their turn.

That would put a smile on my face.

That's all assuming he'd have the capacity to floor us, and then wipe the said floor with his music.

According to the link: "he [John Williams] was sorely missed on the last two films (not to detract from Doyle's or Hooper's excellent work)." How would JW know that? Did he and the directors talk trash about Doyle and Hooper?? :lol:

By the time the movie comes out Williams will be 78.
I just hope he lives long enough...God, I wish he were immortal!

On the same note, do you think JW will write music until his death, or will he retire first??

If he does take the baton one more time...

I want him to do it with class and style, I want him to incorproate the music of his predecessors and make it all 10x better, despite them not completely taking his ideas when it was their turn.

What music of Doyle's or Hooper's would you want him to incorporate?

Ray Barnsbury - who'll take 7 shots of firewhiskey if this turns out to be true

According to the link: "he [John Williams] was sorely missed on the last two films (not to detract from Doyle's or Hooper's excellent work)." How would JW know that? Did he and the directors talk trash about Doyle and Hooper?? :lol:

The guy who posted told JW that he was sorely missed, JW did not say "I was sorely missed"

Patrick Doyle's Harry theme, his new Voldemort theme (2x better than the melodramatic one that was for all intents and purposes rightfully thrown out after the first film), Nicholas Hooper's theme for Dumbledore's Army Umbridge and Posession theme.

I want him to incorproate the music of his predecessors and make it all 10x better, despite them not completely taking his ideas when it was their turn.

There's no way most of the themes he wrote will return, much less other people's.

I would only want Umbridge's Theme, if she appears. Doyle's Harry theme is terribly bland, and his Voldemort motif creates a nice creepy atmosphere but isn't as impressive or effective as the snaky, sinister theme from the first score. What do you consider the theme for Dumbledore's Army? The clarinet line from that track?

Ray Barnsbury

Not only is this good news about HP, it also proves that BS thing about Zimmer scoring Indy 4 was totally fake.

you fell for what I wrote, well damn it was worth it then, there is a sucker born everyday afterall.

I feel bad for Hooper. He did a good job (much better than Doyle), and he's lined up for the sixth one. Why would they let him continue to score if they didn't think he was capable of doing the 7th? It's pretty rude to sign him just to fill the gap until Wiliams can return. I doubt Williams will be back.

Patrick Doyle's Harry theme, his new Voldemort theme (2x better than the melodramatic one that was for all intents and purposes rightfully thrown out after the first film), Nicholas Hooper's theme for Dumbledore's Army Umbridge and Posession theme.

Oh, please... :D

That´s very much like dearly hoping Mozart would elaborate on the blandest ideas of Dittersdorf (who was still a fairly good composer, at least).

Williams couldn´t have penned anything as unimaginative or mediocre (or worse) as the themes you´d want him to reprise even if he tried. Thank God.

Marcus (very much hoping for as many new Williams projects as possible, film or other)

I feel bad for Hooper. He did a good job (much better than Doyle), and he's lined up for the sixth one. Why would they let him continue to score if they didn't think he was capable of doing the 7th?

Because they realised that the albums sell no matter who's behind them or how good the music is. So it's better to avoid a fallout with the director and pay less for a lesser skilled composer and have the same profit.

It's that simple.

Even the producers behind Harry Potter can't possibly think that a light and fluffy "theme" like Dumbledore's Army is suitable for the tone of the last two books. That's the kind of music John Williams would use as counterpoint to a real theme.