Bronislau Kaper

Lalo Schifrin

George Duning

Leonard Rosenmann

Franz Waxman

Andre Previn

Gerald Fried.

Hugo Friedhofer

Jerry Goldsmith (Younger pic conducting)

John Barry

Jerry Fielding

There's nothing wrong with the Star Wars screensavers. It's the fact that we got those instead of a complete/expanded score that makes me hate them.

I'm not saying I like them, I would probably just ignore them if I bought that stupid set, but I don't dislike them, either.

You can remove your name from SAE's emailing list so you don't receive their advertisements for new releases. I'd hardly call it spam.

I must have forgot to uncheck something when I ordered

They are nice but in order to get them you'll have to trade because the first 12 are out of print. Plus you have to constantly order from SAE to get the current ones.

I think he's talking about an older order. They release new cards every so often. I think this last set just came out recently. What sucks is, they give you 1 per order. So you can order 8 CD's and get 1 card, but if you have them ship each one separately, you get 8 cards. My brother got Bernard Herrmann and John Williams way back when they first started these cards. He was kind enough to give me the John Williams, and when I got my second Bronislau Kaper I gave it to him.

Yeah, I'm not wasting freight just to get a collectors card. I actually sent my Rozsa card to someone at FSM over the summer because there was no way I was going to constantly order to get them all.

Well I'm glad I read a few of the posts at the end of the last page. My CD came today, but my first thought after opening it was "Where's my card?!". I guess they're just randomly put in or go to regular customers, which I will be from now on. Man, and I had this whole bit I was gonna do here with it and everything... :pukeface:

I suppose I'll have to settle for just listening to this wierd score. ;)

Well I'm glad I read a few of the posts at the end of the last page. My CD came today, but my first thought after opening it was "Where's my card?!". I guess they're just randomly put in or go to regular customers, which I will be from now on. Man, and I had this whole bit I was gonna do here with it and everything... :pukeface:

They will only send cards on orders that include FSM CDs. Images is not a FSM release, hence, no card.

They will only send cards on orders that include FSM CDs. Images is not a FSM release, hence, no card.

Actually, SAE sent me a Gerald Fried card with Images.

Well, all that aside, now for the most important thing: the score. I just finished and I will say, quite simply,

I love it.

I'm totally creeped out right now. This is not music you should listen to in a dark room (before you ask, no I didn't, if I did I'd be too freaked out to post). The piano theme is beautiful, and for all the atonality and dissonance (the first time I think I've ever used those two words) there's some classic Williams' "catchiness" too, I'm thinking particuarly of the jaunty strings in Blood Moon. This is a side of Williams I've never heard before, and I don't like it just because it's different, I like because it's good. Damn good. It'd be great if he ever wrote another score like this. I love it.

John that made my day to hear you liked the score. I'm glad you weren't put off by it, it does feature some damn good writing by Williams.

Some people are turned off by dissonent and atonal writing. Now we need to get you some more Goldsmith and Alex North and soon your journey to the dark side will be complete.

That is true, but I think all (or most) of us got a card with Images. I got "Jerry at the Podium" with mine, I was surprised because it isn't a FSM release and I didn't know they still made them.

John that made my day to hear you liked the score. I'm glad you weren't put off by it, it does feature some damn good writing by Williams.

Some people are turned off by dissonent and atonal writing. Now we need to get you some more Goldsmith and Alex North and soon your journey to the dark side will be complete.

I was going in expecting not to like it based on everything I had heard, and pretty much from the start all expectations were blown away. Just for the record I'd rate it higher than Mongisnor too.

Goldsmith I'm slowly but steadily working on. But so far I genuinely haven't heard a score of his that I didn't like (the most recent aquisitions being The Mummy and Air Force One). Both Alien and The Wind and the Lion are on my post-Christmas "to get" list.

I was going in expecting not to like it based on everything I had heard, and pretty much from the start all expectations were blown away. Just for the record I'd rate it higher than Mongisnor too.

Goldsmith I'm slowly but steadily working on. But so far I genuinely haven't heard a score of his that I didn't like (the most recent aquisitions being The Mummy and Air Force One). Both Alien and The Wind and the Lion are on my post-Christmas "to get" list.

I just recieved mine today, and have listened to a few of the tracks so far. I really, really like it. Different than anything I've ever heard before, but great, nonetheless!

I'm still waiting for mine (as well as the Duo Concertante... which I ordered over 1 month ago).

Eh, is this sarcasm? Just curious...

Huh, no :lol:

I was referring to the Hal Leonard score... which I haven't got yet :lol:

Neither Images, for that matter...

I finally got it today! They sent me the card of Jerry at the podium (which is cool).

On a side note, I also got the Duo Concertante sheet music this very same day. Absolutely beautiful, this work is.

Listened to it for the first time today. This is a dark, brooding, menacing yet beautiful work from the time when Williams was becoming interesting, moved away from the comedy stuff and scoring a wide range of genres and styles.

While certain elements of the score are totally unique in the Williams canon, making this release valuable to any serious follower of Williams' music, wether it be film, festival or concertworks. Other parts would be the beginning of more to come. The string writing in certain cues would be further developed in Jaws and Ce3K.

I wish i could say more, but i am still taking it all in.

WOW!