Images (1972 score) - 2007 Prometheus Records, 2012 BSX Records

Lurker

You can just play the whole album on youtube

I believe the Spotify free version lets you play entire albums too, not sure (I've been a subscriber forever)

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Prepare for the most unusual Williams score you've ever heard!

Just listened, you can definitely say that again!  ROTFLMAO

What's up with the moaning dude?!  Overall I liked it, I'll give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.  I'd definitely need to see the movie though to enjoy it more I'm sure.

Yea the vocals sure through me for a loop!  No idea what they represent but it makes me want to see the movie to find out

I "tried" to watch the movie few years ago, I've stopped it because it was too weird and disjointed. Anyway, me and movies where characters have "visions"... I absolutely hate that.

Briefly, I would say that it's a psychological movie about a woman who have very serious mental illness problems, and well.... that's a movie from its era (1972)...

Meh... :(

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Yea the vocals sure through me for a loop!  No idea what they represent but it makes me want to see the movie to find out

It has to do with the previous lovers that Cathryn imagines in the film (or that are real; the line here is deliberately blurry) - a sort of primal, male sexual grunt.

21 hours ago, Jay said:

It's too bad he never did a whole avant-garde, experimental score like this again

Out of curiosity, Williams said during an interview (sometime in the 70's if memory serves) that he was considering adapting some of this music into some sort of essay for percussion (probably a kind of suite from the score, I guess). Sadly that never came to be.

6 hours ago, Jay said:

Oh wow I hadn't realized it was going for so much now that it's OOP - Amazon has new copies for $93 and used for $70!

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0028S2V90

That's nothing! It's listed from £399.46 on amazon.co.uk!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Images/dp/B00121ZUBA/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=images+prometheus&qid=1611782768&s=music&sr=1-2

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Jeez!

Glad I got it for $20 when it was in print!

Then again, maybe I was too hasty when I took the shrinkwrap off it yesterday to listen to it.  Who knew I could have sold it for £399.46 ???

I don't understand people who are buying CDs and keep them in wrap for years.

PS : Don't talk to me about that Star Trek CD I bought by mistake.

13 hours ago, Jay said:

Jeez!

Glad I got it for $20 when it was in print!

Same here. Even if I wish the sound had been remastered even better, if at all possible from the promo vinyl source, it's still Prometheus' best and most important release ever. I was so happy when I could throw my old LP-to-CD-R in the trash.

I would love a CD re-release of this. Although I have the vinyl, and it sounds excellent. But if one day a better remaster was possible, perhaps with an expansion, it would be great to explore the score further. I think it's wonderful.