Anyone else p!ssed off at Indy 4 spoilers?

Genius_Gone_Insane

I'm so stupid. I can't believe I read the spoilers out there on the internet. And I can't believe that extra leaked the 'surprise' ending. If you've read it you know what I mean.

I feel like I cheated on my girlfriend and the feeling won't go away. Anyone else share my pain?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you go and actively look for the spoilers? Because if you did not and the info on the ending is widely available, they might turn out to be false! On the other hand, if you DID look for them, its your own fault!!!

Dont anybody post no spoilers here!!!!!!

Did you go and actively look for the spoilers? Because if you did not and the info on the ending is widely available, they might turn out to be false! On the other hand, if you DID look for them, its your own fault!!!

Dont anybody post no spoilers here!!!!!!

No I didn't actively go out and look. I was just snooping around and -- just like when you were 7 and you found that box of Playboys in your parents' closet, where you shouldn't have been looking -- I stumbled on the surprise ending of Indy IV and I can never shake those words from my head.

I am praying that it's a false rumor, but I know it's got to be true based on the non-rumor stuff I've read.

And don't worry homes, I ain't postin' no spoilers up in this bitch.

Myself, I do mind spoilers, but not to such a huge degree. I know in general where the spoilers are, if I feel like avoiding them, I will. As I believe that movies in general are only worth seeing several times or not at all, the surprise element is very low down on the list of things that I like in movies. It either works, or it doesn't.

My brother has been going crazy reading every spoiler he can find. Worse yet, he keeps trying to tell me what's going to happen. :huh:

I've managed to keep him from telling me anything too important however.

After what happened with the Season 3 finale of Lost, I will never read another spoiler again.

What happened there?

My brother has been going crazy reading every spoiler he can find. Worse yet, he keeps trying to tell me what's going to happen. :huh:

I've managed to keep him from telling me anything too important however.

Hey if you get a chance, can you ask him if the big spoiler is true? He'll know which one I mean.

After what happened with the Season 3 finale of Lost, I will never read another spoiler again.

What happened there?

I read a spoiler that explained basically every huge moment in the finale in extreme detail. I knew

about Walt, the flash forward, Locke miraculously coming back and killing Naomi, Charlie's death, the blowing up of The Looking Glass, Naomi not being who she said she was and the whole ordeal with her boat.

The worst part is, I wasn't even looking for it. Just looking around the Lost group on Facebook. People are supposed to warn you about spoilers, dammit!

And I can't believe that extra leaked the 'surprise' ending. If you've read it you know what I mean.

Oh my god, it told the ending??!! Holy $hit that sucks!! Glad I didn't read any.

It is best NOT to read any spoilers for any movie...It just stupid to read them because when you see the movie you already what to expect considering you read the spoilers which is not good. Spoilers just ruins everything for you.

I had the ending of RotK spoiled for me before I saw it (and no, I haven't read the books).

The UK based hobbits were doing an interview with Jonathan Ross, and when discussion turned to the studio wanting to do some sort of sequel, they were saying

".. but the ring's gone, we're back in the shire"

. Bastards.

Oh, and can I say how genuinely thankful I am that no one has revealed anything accidentally in this thread. I avoided the other 'spoiler' thread like the plague.

I'm so stupid. I can't believe I read the spoilers out there on the internet.

I avoid all that as much as possible, yet sometimes you read a few words too many, or see a picture you wish you had not-- for instance, when Speed was released, I saw a picture of something striking happening at the end, which literally spoiled the pleasure of discovering it in the movie.

It's all the more terrible as I have a pretty good memory, and such things tend to stay even more, so that, even if I wait a couple of years to watch the movie, I still remember the spoilers.

Sometimes also you can't avoid it, like the new Joker.

I hardly watch any trailer, as they are basically shorter versions of the movies, with the best jokes and action moments and all the twists.

Journalists and reviewers are often a bunch of idiots; rather than actually discuss the positive or negative aspects of a movie (ie, do their job), they just brag about how *they* have seen the movie because *they* are journalists, and, hey, here's the end and the twist and the surprise: see, *I* have seen it first!

Spoilers can even be found in our realm, with tracks revealing major moments. Consequently, I have stopped reading some track titles before seeing a movie-- but then, if I copy the music as an mp3 onto my computer, I have to copy the titles, don't I?

Some reviewers even tell it all! I have never read Charlotte's Web, nor seen the movie, but Christian Clemmensen ruined the ending fir le by revealing it at the beginning of his review! I have never read any of his reviews since.

I didn't know an extra had revealed the end of Indy 4. ;)

Come again?

You want to read the spoilers? :)

I hope the person who wrote the tracklist for the Sixth Sense CD was fired. The spoiler is beyond unforgivable.

I don't care much about spoilers. I rather read spoilers and know what to expect rather than being shocked or unpleasantly surprised. For me it's like reading the book before you go to the movie they made out of it. Do you regard that as spoiling too?

I believe there was an almighty hullabaloo when the people who name tracks

on soundtracks, gave the game away by naming one - "Qui Gon's death" :)

Considering quite a lot of people get the soundtrack 'before' seeing the movie :)

on soundtracks, gave the game away by naming one - "Qui Gon's death" :D

Considering quite a lot of people get the soundtrack 'before' seeing the movie :)

I knew of qui-gon's death months before the release of the film.

Since they released the score at the same time as in the US, but the film aired here on august :)

on soundtracks, gave the game away by naming one - "Qui Gon's death" :D

I knew of qui-gon's death months before the release of the film.

Since they released the score at the same time as in the US, but the film aired here on august :)

It was only logical that he died.

on soundtracks, gave the game away by naming one - "Qui Gon's death" :)

Don't forget "The Death Of Sirius." That, I didn't appreciate.

I hope the person who wrote the tracklist for the Sixth Sense CD was fired. The spoiler is beyond unforgivable.

I know! What an idiot! It's not even that great of a title!

I remember after getting DH not going on the internet until I had finished it. There was a news show where they interviewed the people who got the book ahead of time and reviewed it in the New York times a couple days before the release (I made sure it was spoiler free first), and the reviewers said that they recieved an e-mail from a fourteen year old girl who couldn't even see the computer keys through her tears of being spoiled. What complete jerks, they coudln't have waited just a bit longer. I'm really glad nobody on this board is so stupid and jerky.

The Indy 4 spoiler is..........

Indiana Jones is really a scientologist who uses the Crystal Skull to reawaken the mother ship.

There! I have now ruined the movie for all of you!

...or not.

I was a spoiler hound for the Star Wars Prequels, but for this, I'm remaining in the dark. Star Wars is something beyond a movie, but the Indiana Jones films (though I love), don't have the epic appeal of Star Wars and so it's easier for me to remain in the dark about what's going on.

Actually there really wasn't anything worth spoiling in the prequels. I don't mean that as a bash but everything that could have been a suprise was already revealed in the original trilogy.

You knew how everything would play out, just a matter of watching it happen.

Actually there really wasn't anything worth spoiling in the prequels. I don't mean that as a bash but everything that could have been a suprise was already revealed in the original trilogy.

You use the subjective terminology 'worth spoiling,' which is, I think, a bit vague.

Seeing the Lars' homestead in Clones was quite the surprise for me -- glad I didn't get spoiled on that one! Many, many others!!

Before seeing Sith I heard that all of Anakin's limbs got chopped off, which I would rather have not known beforehand.

And that Padme dies in the movie. I guess that should have been obvious from the soundtrack, but I still assumed she would end up on Alderaan.

I remember after getting DH not going on the internet until I had finished it. There was a news show where they interviewed the people who got the book ahead of time and reviewed it in the New York times a couple days before the release (I made sure it was spoiler free first), and the reviewers said that they recieved an e-mail from a fourteen year old girl who couldn't even see the computer keys through her tears of being spoiled. What complete jerks, they coudln't have waited just a bit longer. I'm really glad nobody on this board is so stupid and jerky.

How adorable.

I think spoiler warnings should only be for recent stuff.

In a film music and movie forum,I find it stupid to put invisotext when discussing an old movie.

Why is it stupid? If someone hasn't seen a movie, it's just as new to them as something that just came out. I can understand not wanting to have to highlight a whole discussion on Casablanca, for instance, but spoiler warnings at least would be nice so that people can enjoy a movie for the first time untainted by a bunch of expectations and knowledge of the film.

I agree with Delorean. Some people haven't seen these old movies, and they shouldn't be spoiled. Do you have to highlight all the spoilers? No, but you could just type a WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD sign.

You use the subjective terminology 'worth spoiling,' which is, I think, a bit vague.

Seeing the Lars' homestead in Clones was quite the surprise for me -- glad I didn't get spoiled on that one! Many, many others!!

How is it vague? There is nothing worth spoiling, all the major plot points were known before the prequels were ever filmed.

How could you not know we were going to see the Lars homestead?

I would suggest that when it comes to threads on older films you enter at your own risk because I for one do not feel like typing spoiler alerts for films that are older than 3-5 years.

I think there should be a rule that we must type spoiler alerts for any movie, regardless of age.

And Genius is talking about AotC, not RotS, so Lars' Homestead was quite unexpected.

I know what film he's talking about. They were going to Tatooine, the Lars family was announced as being cast for the film, big suprise there.

Besides I consider spoilers to be MAJOR plot points, not whether we see someone's house we've already seen in a previous film 20+ years earlier.

SPOILERS

Wow, that was difficult.

Well said! I said this for signing petitions, I'll say it for spoiler warnings:

For something that takes so little effort and has nothing to loose, you might as well do it!

I know what film he's talking about. They were going to Tatooine, the Lars family was announced as being cast for the film, big suprise there.

Oh, okay.

How is it vague? There is nothing worth spoiling, all the major plot points were known before the prequels were ever filmed.

How could you not know we were going to see the Lars homestead?

Besides I consider spoilers to be MAJOR plot points, not whether we see someone's house we've already seen in a previous film 20+ years earlier.

I didn't even think about the possibility of the Lars homestead being in the film. Nor did it occur to me that Padme would die during childbirth, nor Anakin getting his arms and legs cut off. Knowing these things before seeing the movie would have detracted from the experience of seeing the prequels for the first time.

Perfect example: I had heard the Tantive IV was going to be in Ep III, and this denied me from experiencing an important element of the effect Lucas had intended upon me: the transition from Ep III to Ep IV. Fortunately, it wasn't too big a deal because the movie kicked ass then and, after seeing it several times since, it still dominates all. The more I see it, the better it gets, so the spoilers aren't that big a deal anyway.

That being said, do you really want me to tell you the end of Indy IV? F*ck NO!!!

Holy crap, I just saw the biggest Sweeney Todd spoiler ever!!! I've never seen the play, so I was quite curious as to the excact plot details. Well, I read on Wiki (on accident) that

Sweeney dies.

!!! But I don't know anything else about the spoiler, so nobody tell me!!

nor Anakin getting his arms and legs cut off.

If you saw ROTJ you would realize that was going to happen.

You would also know that Leia's mother doesn't die in childbirth. Oh wait...