Superman - The Music Disc 9!

Lurker

It seems that the second printing of FSM's "Superman - The Music" box set will have a bonus disc 9, featuring the music as assembled for "The Richard Donner Cut" of Superman II. Featured among this set will be cues such as "The Alternate Dome Opens" and "The Alternate Dome Opens". The price should be the same $119.95 as the first edition. Purchasers of the first edition wishing to get this new disc will be able to take advantage of a generous 5% discount (plus shipping and handling) off of the retail price.

Neil

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there plans for Williams' rejected score to Supergirl to also appear in this set?!? I thought FSM dropped the ball big-time on that one; hopefully, this is a chance to correct it.

I may wait for the third printing, which will contain a tenth disc with Jerry Goldsmith's unused score and which will show that Jerry was the real influence upon all the Superman scores and their success rather than John.

With the 25% discount for those who already have the first edition, I'll surely buy it, but not now-- unless there's Goldsmith's Supergirl, which would warrant an immediate order.

obs00194.giflivier

Not wanting to rain on anyone's parade here, but is this claim an April Fool's Joke?

Because if it is, it's a really good one for I got very excited reading about that (and a bit sad since I already bought the boxed set).

If it's not, then I may have to consider ordering it yet again (with a better bound book).

It's okay....but his vocal of the 'Helicopter Sequence' is what I'm realy hoping for. Really adds a whole new layer to the scene ("Lois lookout- Helicopter spinning!". Classic Bricusse).

Frankly, my favorite version of 'Can You Read my Mind' is Leonard Cohen's. Though Jeff Buckley's cover does retain more of melodics.

Will this set contain the long rumored Michael Jackson narration of "Can You Read My Mind"?

Or perhaps recordings from Williams' early sketches for a pre-Lester Superman II?

April fools day was 2 days ago.

Yes April Fools day was April 1, that's been confirmed.

However, that was now 3 days ago.

Neil

across the international dateline its now 4 days ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I just contacted ScreenArchives.com and correspondended with "Ed" who says that there is no truth to the rumor of a 9th disc for the second printing. It will be exactly like the first printing save for the printing of II in the booklet as was previously revealed.

I just contacted ScreenArchives.com and correspondended with "Ed" who says that there is no truth to the rumor of a 9th disc for the second printing. It will be exactly like the first printing save for the printing of II in the booklet as was previously revealed.

Should I say it? Should I say it?

Nah!

Neil

If this "Ed" is too much of a pussy to use his full name, what kind of credibility does he have? (None, as Ford A. Thaxton could tell you.) With Neil, you get not only Bulk, but, perhaps more important, S. (If you're wondering what S stands for, try pondering what makes Neil such an authority on the subject at hand.)

If this "Ed" is too much of a pussy to use his full name, what kind of credibility does he have? (None, as Ford A. Thaxton could tell you.) With Neil, you get not only Bulk, but, perhaps more important, S. (If you're wondering what S stands for, try pondering what makes Neil such an authority on the subject at hand.)

Feel free to e-mail the proverbial horse's mouth at info@screenarchives.com for confirmation if you're so inclined.

Feel free to e-mail the proverbial horse's mouth at info@screenarchives.com for confirmation if you're so inclined.

Neil will get to the bottom of this. ROTFLMAO

obvious doesn't seem to stop some of mine from working well.

You can say that again.

It seems that the second printing of FSM's "Superman - The Music" box set will have a bonus disc 9, featuring the music as assembled for "The Richard Donner Cut" of Superman II. Featured among this set will be cues such as "The Alternate Dome Opens" and "The Alternate Dome Opens". The price should be the same $119.95 as the first edition. Purchasers of the first edition wishing to get this new disc will be able to take advantage of a generous 5% discount (plus shipping and handling) off of the retail price.

Neil

will there be a disc 10 with music that John Williams wrote specifically for Superman 2 but was rejected when Lester took over and used Ken Thorne?

will there be a disc 10 with music that John Williams wrote specifically for Superman 2 but was rejected when Lester took over and used Ken Thorne?

thats is included on disc 9, didnt you read?

thats is included on disc 9, didnt you read?

no its different than the Donner cut this is the lost music, and the lost footage we don't get to see.