Why Concord Records?

Josh500

In all seriousness I did hear rumors of another Cole Porter song and dance routine for this film.

I was about to post that... I've just talked with someone who has some inside knowledge and I've been told that the film will end with a big musical number, á lá Gene Kelly films, with Ford and Allen. The number uses Porter's song All of You and is reportedly a big arrangement by Williams himself.

OK, include that one the CD. Like anything goes.

Source music?

No thanks.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Cole Porter for the opening, but for the big finale?

What's wrong with a big orchestra and choir?

I feel like KM now.

Maybe it has a big orchestra and choir. Its an arrangement after all

:mellow:

Well,this is just getting more downhill by the minute.

And I don't think that Cole Porter musical arrangement is going to count with the other 5 songs,which will be 5 other random 50's songs

The arrangement you heard in TPM was new.

You should have complained about AOTC or ROTS.

You're misunderstanding me. The arrangement in TPM was practically identical to all of the other arrangements over the years, bar the odd difference here and there. I understand what you're saying in regards to AOTC and ROTS, but that was blatant cost cutting and that is all it was.

Of course the arrangements and orchestration of these major themes shouldn't be changed, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to hear the strings play the March and the brass play Bridge, for a novel change.

I always loved the brassy love theme arrangement in the Superman theme for the exact same reason I'm talking about.

In all seriousness I did hear rumors of another Cole Porter song and dance routine for this film.

I was about to post that... I've just talked with someone who has some inside knowledge and I've been told that the film will end with a big musical number, á lá Gene Kelly films, with Ford and Allen. The number uses Porter's song All of You and is reportedly a big arrangement by Williams himself.

I hope that's a effing joke and not for the reason you may think. Spoiler anyone...?

music was only usefull as landfill.

Look, the state of Massachusset has the least number of landfill problems in the U.S. because of John Williams.

I'm just gonna say it how it is: If Miguel just posted a big fat spoiler I'm gonna be forced to hunt him down and end his life in a way I've not yet had time to consider, let alone design.

I'm just gonna say it how it is: If Miguel just posted a big fat spoiler I'm gonna be forced to hunt him down and end his life in a way I've not yet had time to consider, let alone design.

And you said KM overreacted?

:mellow:

Wow. After skimming through all the pages that have suddenly appeared in the last several hours I'd just like to congratulate all involved for a world class spaz attack.

this has me seriously excited, as Peio says this gives Spielberg another shot at his "musical" he's always wanted to do, and the movie is supposed to be representing the style of the 50's, especially the Sci-Fi genre, as it gets closer my level of excitiment grows, 48 days to go.

and 46 for the JW score, and I have no problem with a JW/Cole Porter collaberation, it worked before. And it goes in line with the Young Indy and the Ford cameo, wasn't that episode about jazz or the blues.

btw Ted, you've been watching too much conspiracy tv. and Stefan, Miguel and I buried our differences long ago

I don't watch conspiracy TV. I have seen you pull a number of jokes that I wouldn't put this past you.

Ted

well at least you give me alot of credit for manipulation, if only.

But it's going to be more like 65 minutes-15 (songs)-15(Raiders March /End Credits Rehash) = 45 minutes of new Williams cues on a 110 minute complete score ,so 2/3 of the score will be unreleased.

Actually, 65-15-15 = 65-30 = 35. Which would mean just over half an hour of new Williams material. Unless of course those rumours of a bonus track with a suite from the first three scores is true, which would probably cost another 10 to 15 minutes.

I got a brilliant idea, how about we just wait until the CD is released (or leaked) and see how much of the score will be there.

Oh wait... this is JWFAN, what I am I thinking about? Half of you (like KM) freak out about stuff like this....so never mind.

Do we even have one shred of evidence that 5 50's songs will be included on the OS of KOTCS??? (I can't find the album posted on the B&N site! Can anyone post a link here)?

I mean, where are we getting at here?

Do we even have one shred of evidence that 5 50's songs will be included on the OS of KOTCS??? (I can't find the album posted on the B&N site! Can anyone post a link here)?

Joe works at B&N, so he has access to things there that the public doesn't.

But it's going to be more like 65 minutes-15 (songs)-15(Raiders March /End Credits Rehash) = 45 minutes of new Williams cues on a 110 minute complete score ,so 2/3 of the score will be unreleased.

Actually, 65-15-15 = 65-30 = 35. Which would mean just over half an hour of new Williams material. Unless of course those rumours of a bonus track with a suite from the first three scores is true, which would probably cost another 10 to 15 minutes.

Actually a CD holds 74 minutes of music!

So it's more like 74-30=44 minutes.

OK, I'm gonna avoid this thread until May 22.