Why Concord Records?

Josh500

Actually a CD holds 74 minutes of music!

Nope...~83:30 minutes (depending on the brand, 83:30 is the theoritical capacity of a 703.1 MB disc) if you have an industrial sized press.

You can also do it at home by overburning. Most CD burners can do Disc-at-once mode now-a-days.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we even have one shred of evidence that 5 50's songs will be included on the OS of KOTCS??? (I can't find the album posted on the B&N site! Can anyone post a link here)?

Joe works at B&N, so he has access to things there that the public doesn't.

I used to work at B&N some years ago. I can recall our catalog/look-up system being inaccurate at times in regards to information on an album prior to release (and indeed sometimes after release). For instance, for several months prior to the CD release, our system was showing "Grow Old With Me" by John Lennon as one of the tracks (in fact the only track title listed) on The Beatles Anthology 3. That turned out to be wrong.

(Hmmm... always wondered why that was ever listed. A little Google search solves a mystery I've pondered for over 10 years...

In 1994, Yoko gave Paul McCartney some cassettes containing four of John Lennon's unfinished songs. One of these was the demo recording of "Grow Old With Me". The three remaining Beatles (Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr) did attempt to work on the song in a similar way that they had with the Beatles "reunion" songs, "Free as a Bird" and "Real Love", although they were forced to abandon the project, because Lennon's original demo required too much work to bring it up to the standard needed for an official release.)

So let's wait and see, folks. This info could be right, could be wrong. Just because B&N says something (and I'm not accusing or blaming you or anything like that, Joe, in fact you have my sympathies for working for B&N (long story, don't get me started...)) isn't a guarantee.

I for one am excited by the fact that we're just over a month away from a brand-new CD of brand-new John Williams music for a brand-new Indiana Jones movie... something that seemed at one point like it would never happen.... Hooray! :music:

Concord got the rights because RCA couldn't come to terms with Lucasfilm. This also meant they had to scrap the appearance of a CG Elvis in the movie, thus prompting many re-writes.

Neil

Well, I had naively pre-ordered it at Amazon. But after hearing about the '50s songs padding it, I'm cancelling the order. I'll just save my cash for the reissue of ToD.

Concord got the rights because RCA couldn't come to terms with Lucasfilm. This also meant they had to scrap the appearance of a CG Elvis in the movie, thus prompting many re-writes.

Neil

What?! There will be no CG Elvis? Nooooooooo! :music:

and 46 for the JW score, and I have no problem with a JW/Cole Porter collaberation, it worked before. And it goes in line with the Young Indy and the Ford cameo, wasn't that episode about jazz or the blues.

But that was in the 20's where that music belongs. If it appears in this movie, its going to be from Indy's gramophone or LP player

and 46 for the JW score, and I have no problem with a JW/Cole Porter collaberation, it worked before. And it goes in line with the Young Indy and the Ford cameo, wasn't that episode about jazz or the blues.

But that was in the 20's where that music belongs. If it appears in this movie, its going to be from Indy's gramophone or LP player

jazz and the blues are timeless Luke they don't "belong" to the twenties, they just sort of took life back then.

45 days till the score

jazz and the blues are timeless Luke they don't "belong" to the twenties, they just sort of took life back then.

45 days till the score

Well the 50 is rock and roll and so.

If you put jazz in it as the mainstream music people is not going to get it.

And there is a greaser in the movie.

the 50's were more than rock and roll and greasers weren't necessarily rock & rollers, remember West Side Story.

Luke remember your training, save you it can.

I've always been under the impression that Temple of Doom took place in 1935...

45 days till the score

Well the 50 is rock and roll and so.

If you put jazz in it as the mainstream music people is not going to get it.

And there is a greaser in the movie.

The 50's were a great time for Jazz...

Concorde records was the only company willing to release the COMPLETE scores!

Just being shamelessly optimistic here, but someone has to counter all the negative rumours with some positive ones. :music:

Quote from my e-mail box....

Yeah, there will be a couple of songs.

He's in the marketing arm...which is what the soundtrack is...so....

Quote from my e-mail box....
Yeah, there will be a couple of songs.

He's in the marketing arm...which is what the soundtrack is...so....

Whom did you write?

Who wrote back?

Regarding what CD did you ask?

Does this person know the difference between an orchestral PIECE/TRACK and a song?

What do you want to say? I won't belöieve that's true! :rolleyes:

They really have no clue .there going to try to sell a few extra c.d.'s to "regular joes "that wouldn't buy it otherwise by alienating the entire film music community

There's nothing wrong with the 50s....if there's going to be songs then that's a damn good decade to pick from.

Would you rather have songs by Avril Lasagna?

So Miguel, was you taking the piss last night or what? Please tell me it ain't so.
Set some priorities.

Damn freaking right.

Dont worry its not an important matter. Just another movie.

Set some priorities.

Damn freaking right.

Dont worry its not an important matter. Just another movie.

i'm going to stand my ground and maintainthe OST presentation is very important

Are people still freaking out about this? Geez, why not just wait until the CD is actually released to get more solid info? No point in freaking out about it now...it's a waste of time.

I'm indifferent about the new score, it will probably be good but not better than his above average scores. I'm more concerned about the supposed release of the old scores. If they are unexpanded reissues, I will be more than disappointed.

Hmmm could this be the tracklist?

1. Raiders March (4:21)

2. New Mexico, 1957 The Lost Artifact (3:56)

3. Mutt’s Theme (2:57)

4. March Of The Soviets (2:27)

5. “Hello Marion” (1:27)

6. Sh-Boom (Life Could Be A Dream)* (2:35)

7. Pursuit Through The Campus (4:27)

8. Abner’s Tale (3:35)

9. Hound Dog* (2:17)

10. The Crystal Skull (2:27)

11. Jungle Chase (6:28)

12. Spalko’s Deal (1:22)

13. Unforgettable* (3:10)

14. Betrayed (3:05)

15. Just Like Old Times (2:14)

16. Chances Are* (3:04)

17. "Come On Genius” (3:18)

18. The Visitors/All Of You*/End Credits (Raiders March) (14:07)

Are people still freaking out about this? Geez, why not just wait until the CD is actually released to get more solid info? No point in freaking out about it now...it's a waste of time.

Nobody is really freaking out by now.

Yes it may be a wate of time, but at least is Williams and scores releated.

We have had some peregrine thread lately.

Hmmm could this be the tracklist?

1. Raiders March (4:21)

2. New Mexico, 1957 The Lost Artifact (3:56)

3. Mutt’s Theme (2:57)

4. March Of The Soviets (2:27)

5. “Hello Marion” (1:27)

6. Sh-Boom (Life Could Be A Dream)* (2:35)

7. Pursuit Through The Campus (4:27)

8. Abner’s Tale (3:35)

9. Hound Dog* (2:17)

10. The Crystal Skull (2:27)

11. Jungle Chase (6:28)

12. Spalko’s Deal (1:22)

13. Unforgettable* (3:10)

14. Betrayed (3:05)

15. Just Like Old Times (2:14)

16. Chances Are* (3:04)

17. "Come On Genius” (3:18)

18. The Visitors/All Of You*/End Credits (Raiders March) (14:07)

:rolleyes:

where did you find this?

That's about 42 minutes of usefull music. Mutt's theme and March of the Soviets would be reprised in the last track. If this is the track list then it's just as short as the ToD OST

I guess most people expect the new score to be written in Williams' later style, right?

As Mark said it's been discussed all ready....I too would imagine Williams writing it the same way he's been writing action scores the last several years.

You know all and all, I'm still a bit surprised Williams is alive...considering that other composers his age have all ready passed...

Edit: Also too I think Williams is really the only composer known to date to have scored an entire saga...Star Wars and Indiana Jones...

I guess most people expect the new score to be written in Williams' later style, right?

Yeah that is most feasible.

But then if Conrad Pope says the score is written in vintage Williams, Spielberg says the movie is Vintage indy, what are we suppose to believe?

Edit: Also too I think Williams is really the only composer known to date to have scored an entire saga...Star Wars and Indiana Jones...

Howard Shore for LOTR, and Goldsmith for The Omen (neither the made for TV Omen IV or the remake count)

Howard Shore for LOTR

The hobbit is still uncertain...