Why Concord Records?

Josh500

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Miguel can no longer be trusted?

How dare you? Are you implying that I was ever to be trusted at all?

Your parents are gypsies?

Not that I know of... but you never know the secrets they may have been hiding from me! <_<

Hook and Last Crusade are terrible.

That's true about those two scores...the sound for those is something less desired but hey at least we have the score.

It's weird though some Goldsmith complete scores sound as bad as Hook and Last Crusade but most of them actually have perfect sound to them. I wish Hook and Last Crusade would get a re leak with good quality. I could live with the tape hiss...but good lord at least keep the quality!

BTW Miguel sorry for my post in another thread...my apologizes to you.

KOTCS has been used many times in other threads.

I'm not the first.

I wasn't trying to imply that. I just meant that I'd gone a while without having seen the title abbreviated and was trying to brace myself for the inevitable ASDOFIQN type of references which I'm forced to decode all too often.

I can't tell you.

I'm glad all of you guys are verifying everything without the proper sources, truly ingenious work.

Well,obviously it became joke somewhere and fake track titles.That still doesn't invalidate that there could be songs on the OST if the the Barnes and Noble data bank is true

So, there won't be any cheeseball fifties covers in there? So, I cancelled my pre-order for nothing? Aw heck, I'll find it for cheaper than what I was gonna pay anyways!

But thank God above if indeed there aren't going to be any fifties songs. Indiana Jones meets American Graffiti.

I'm glad all of you guys are verifying everything without the proper sources, truly ingenious work.

Doesn't seem to be necessary here. :mellow: Or at least, nobody seems to care.

I have to admit, March of the Soviets sounded like the most promisng JW piece to come along in ages. Williams in evil Russian mode, stretch it into a full-fledged concert piece (unlike the more perfunctary Nazi themes) and that has the making of a great theme. Maybe we'll still get something like that.

- Adam

I'm sure Williams has written a villainous motif, but do we need a big, jingoistic concert piece? Please, no. Not only would that be unprecedented, but it would detract from more valuable CD space (the score!). Plus, the trailer clearly shows Indy being arrested by American soldiers. Are the Soviets the next Nazis for Indy? No, I don't think it's that simple.

That did occur to me. Given the events at the end of Raiders, though, America must be implicated in this one somehow.

Well I was being somewhat glib. Technically, if the Soviets don't play a huge role than it wouldn't make sense to have a huge concet theme that blows it out of poportion. But supposing for example, this movie were actually a jingoistic Cold War fantasy movie than maybe it would be appropriate and I certainly wouldn't call it a waste of CD space. It would probably be quite good even though on political grounds I hope its not what I just described. Sounds like it prablably isn't.

- Adam

Take note that the overlord made no mention of songs.

Tracklists.

I'm beginning to feel like I was the only person who actually had a source.

He said the Barnes and Nobles comments were fake,that's where the song rumors started.

I still think were going to get screwed anyways.

I am also concerned nobody cares that we are likely getting a very incomplete and shoddy score release. Just the mere fact your visiting this board several times a day makes you geeky enough to care and you shouldn't act all cool as though your "above it all' .After all this a JW fan MB.

I don't think I'm above it at all...I'm passionate about film music, and really excited for this score, but there hasn't been anything credible posted here. I'll complain about getting a poor release it when/if it happens, but getting so upset about unsubstantiated rumors is just a waste.

Perhaps we should just wait and see instead of fretting and moaning and lamenting over how short the score album will be.

Perhaps we should just wait and see instead of fretting and moaning and lamenting over how short the score album will be.

That would be the reasonable thing, yes...

Does anyone remembers the AI rumors back in 2001? The John Williams Web Pages even posted a track list, and the CD was suposed to be only some 30 minutes long... shortly after we were given the actual track list and total time that we all know...

Was it worth back then that some got all stressed out? Of course not...

Looking back, this thread has been great fun! KM has provided most of the laughs of course. It's always hilarious when someone throws the toys from their pram :(