Why Concord Records?

Josh500

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes let's all panic over something we have NO INFORMATION ON whatsoever.

Yes it is all doom and despair at JWFAN over the soundtrack to KOTCS.

Just last night I was wondering when I'd first see the dreaded "KOTCS" pop up. Apparently just now.

I'm sure Williams chose 50's songs that were top hits and that his fans would enjoy.

He choose poorly.

I only care for anything goes, and that's because it is arranged and a scene in the film, performed by the cast.

Not some damned radio music in the background.

I dont mind CMIYC for example, we are not loosing any score basically. But with possibly 110 minutes of score for Crystal skull, using 2o-25 minutes of CD in sonds it outrageus.

Specially when they can do as many scores, put 2cds one with score and other with songs.

This actually does kind of suck. I like 50s songs fine, but in a case of unreleased score vs. pop standards available on dozens of other albums, I'd go for the unreleased score.

I'm sure Williams chose 50's songs that were top hits and that his fans would enjoy.

No me,and probably no one on this MB. I dunno about these kind of statements trying to minimize a really sucky situation .Were probably looking at the most incomplete major Williams soundtrack in years.

The best we can hope for is a 75 minute c.d. with the songs taking no more than 15 minutes at 3 minutes each,so about 60 minutes of Williams music.

But it's going to be more like 65 minutes-15 (songs)-15(Raiders March /End Credits Rehash) = 45 minutes of new Williams cues on a 110 minute complete score ,so 2/3 of the score will be unreleased.

man I got shivers writing that post because it could very well be true

No me,and probably no one on this MB. I dunno about these kind of statements trying to minimize a really sucky situation .Were probably looking at the most incomplete major Williams soundtrack in years.

The best we can hope for is a 75 minute c.d. with the songs taking no more than 15 minutes at 3 minutes each,so about 60 minutes of Williams music.

But it's going to be more like 65 minutes-15 (songs)-15(Raiders March /End Credits Rehash) = 45 minutes of new Williams cues on a 110 minute complete score ,so 2/3 of the score will be unreleased.

man I got shivers writing that post because it could very well be true

after 4 years without a fun JW score I'll take 45 mins of KOTCS over both Geisha and Munich snoozefests.

and whose to say the songs wont have a JW flair like Anything Goes.

Because it's going to be a OST release like Always,BotFJ and CMIYC ,end of story.Anything Goes was an exception,and personally I would have prefered something like Over the Himalayas or another action track over it.

I feel like I've been kicked in the gut .It's just a piss poor attempt to sell a few extra c.d.'s to people who aren't really score fans

Calm the eff down mark. Nobody knows nothing yet, so quit being the rabid fanboy for once in your effing life!

Amen.

Plus, if--mark me, IF--this were true, then the likelihood of Complete Scores (of all four movies) being released some time soon is very high.

the likelyhood of all 4 complete scores being released isn't high, don't be idiotic.

the chances are very low if practically nil.

there is little money in serving the jollies of fanboys.

Joe, if there are no track title or info on the tracks, how do you know that five songs are 1950's songs, or were you just speculating?

Ted

the likelyhood of all 4 complete scores being released isn't high, don't be idiotic.

You're ridiculous. Indiana Jones is beloved by millions. And the music will be noticed by millions, as well. (This is no new Mariah Carey album, granted.)

Look at the rereleases of Star Wars, Superman, Jaws, Raiders, Earthquake, The Witches of Eastwick, etc...

Even if it's NOT a complete score, I'd be pretty happy with an EXPANDED score!

You're ridiculous. Indiana Jones is beloved by millions. And the music will be noticed by millions, as well. (This is no new Mariah Carey album, granted.)

You're right, Josh. That's why complete scores for the Indiana Jones films were released ten years ago.

oh wait

For ye olde impatient ones.

I have a good feeling Concord/LucasFilm Ltd. and AOHell/Time Warner have struck some sort of a deal.

It's just a feeling.

No me,and probably no one on this MB.

Don't count me on your wagon, Mark. I don't mind the songs, and I'm sure they have been very carefully chosen.

And by the way, there is some music missing from the Catch Me If You Can release, so that kind of complain should also been pointed at that score... but wait, it isn't flashy brassy writting, then no one gives a damn...

Look at the rereleases of Star Wars, Superman, Jaws, Raiders, Earthquake, The Witches of Eastwick, etc...

Even if it's NOT a complete score, I'd be pretty happy with an EXPANDED score!

all of which sold collectively probably less than 50000 units, Millions won't be buying the rereleases of the scores.

Ted you're right I am assuming they are 50's songs, I just made an assumption, and you know where that leads, but it did say 18 tracks 13 cues and 5 songs, it never occured to me that they could be original JW songs for the movie. It did not give a total time for the cd.

The A.I. OST was a disaster,and caused an outrage on the MB back then. If it wasn't for that promo...

CMIYC isn't the worst case because most of the score is on the c.d.

thanks again to weebo, who screwed so many members here....

Well,a few people got them and we could trade from there. If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have that promo at all ,since nobody else on the MB has an official copy

Ted you're right I am assuming they are 50's songs, I just made an assumption, and you know where that leads, but it did say 18 tracks 13 cues and 5 songs, it never occured to me that they could be original JW songs for the movie. It did not give a total time for the cd.

5 musical scenes in the movie? :lol:

That is not very vintage indy...

Sounds like hook...

No me,and probably no one on this MB.

Don't count me on your wagon, Mark. I don't mind the songs, and I'm sure they have been very carefully chosen.

And by the way, there is some music missing from the Catch Me If You Can release, so that kind of complain should also been pointed at that score... but wait, it isn't flashy brassy writting, then no one gives a damn...

Ok, its fair.

But we all know that williams flashy brassy scores are longer that the artsy fartsy ones. Less percentage of music is lost on the latter. And the latter are also a little bit more repetitive, since they call for less thematic material and the films ask for less music.

I hope this ends well and just a false alarm. Like when we thought 'Across the Stars' was a song.

But we all know that williams flashy brassy scores are longer that the artsy fartsy ones. Less percentage of music is lost on the latter. And the latter are also a little bit more repetitive, since they call for less thematic material and the films ask for less music.

I find that statement somewhat reducing...

I hope this ends well and just a false alarm. Like when we thought 'Across the Stars' was a song.

Or like the time when everyone jumped all over that sourced Empire photoshoot muzak...

I think I'll continue to stick with the 'respected' film score news agencies for my information, rather than this message board and all the excitable dummy spitting that comes with it.

while I have no appreciation for Munich, and while I admire the craft of Geisha, its still a dust collector, I have always found CMIYC to be brassy in its own way. To me it is a fun score.

I didnt knew how express myself clearly and without dismissing anything or anyone

Non SFX movies have less music, not lesser music.

Well,I think that liking a song (or a reprised track for that matter) BECAUSE Williams decided it should be on the c.d. is even more blind Williams adoration than wishing for a decent score album only.

The only thing that CAN be questionned about Williams is the choice about his OST arrangements

Yeah,Williams always knows what's best,like adding songs or narration to make his c.d.'s less boring

50's songs might indeed explain why a Jazz label is releasing this. Maybe they owned the rights to those songs and the only way they could be used in the film is for Concord to release the soundtrack.

Probably a kind of package deal.

That would suck even more ,as that label would care more about the song portion than the score portion of the album

Yes let's all panic over something we have NO INFORMATION ON whatsoever.

Yes it is all doom and despair at JWFAN over the soundtrack to KOTCS.

Well, it's better than the Star Trek quotes or yet another poll about what statement of the Jaws theme is more effective.

I hope it's all jazz numbers on the cd tbh. I heard Woody Allen plays on a couple of them, so that will be cool.

Anyway lets face it, once you've heard one Indy score you've heard them all.

That's silly.

I just hope they will be on the CD seperatly like BOT4OJ instead of mixed with the scoretracks like JFK or Apollo 13.

but still, 5 minute songs about 3 minutes long is about 15 minutes taken from the CD. Add to that maybe 10 minutes for the End Credits, will will be Raiders March and a reprise of some music all ready on the CD elsewere......

The score might be no longer then the average Goldsmith CD.

I wonder if he will incorporate all the themes from the 3 films + this one in a masterful and uniquely JW voice for the end credits.

the thought sends chills down my spine.

Well,Stefancos,that's the exact calculations I made a page ago .

At least most Goldsmith scores get the ultra deluxe 2 c.d. expanded edition from Intrada and Varese

45 minutes out of a 120 minutes complete score will be on the c.d..That is my final prediction .But not counting how that continuum fingerboard contraption might come into play.

Me too...

Speaking of The Raiders March, would we like a totally brand new, fresh orchestration or stick to the what we/the public are used too? I don't mean a change of fundamental structure, but I admit I was a little let down when Phantom Menace debut with it's "heard it all before" Main Titles.

I dunno, I quite like the idea of jumbling it up a bit rather than the same 'ol march I've heard a million times.

That would suck even more ,as that label would care more about the song portion than the score portion of the album

Like Free Willy 2, where all songs that remotely appeared in the film where on the soundtrack, 2 of them in 2 versions, and the label put on a couple of "bonus tracks", meaning additional songs not in the movie, and the amount of Poledouris that survived was 3 tracks?

Well of course, song-only albums are worse... still that was a grat disappointment for me, not having most of the dramatic music from the films climax.

Well, I don't see the KOTCS score in such dark prospects...

In all seriousness I did hear rumors of another Cole Porter song and dance routine for this film.

I was about to post that... I've just talked with someone who has some inside knowledge and I've been told that the film will end with a big musical number, á lá Gene Kelly films, with Ford and Allen. The number uses Porter's song All of You and is reportedly a big arrangement by Williams himself.