Possible news about the Indiana Jones re issues

Romão

Me and Miguel were browsing some websites looking for the best option for buying the KOTCS score. Eventually, we did a small search for the cd on the portuguese FNAC website, and we stumbled upon this:

http://www.fnac.pt/pt/Catalog/Detail.aspx?...t=7243595334218

The thing that caught our attention was the title (INDIANA JONES TRILOGY (SP ED)), the fact that it was not still released and the price tag of nearly 65 € (reasonable for a 6 cd set). However, we couldn't recognize the distributor (BERTUS DISTRIBUTIE). A simple search on the French FNAC website showed us that the distributor of the KOTCS score in Europe is in fact Universal music

http://musique.fnac.com/a2257198/Bande-ori...-CD-album?PID=2

After this, we googled BERTUS DISTRIBUTIE

http://www.bertus.com/labels/

Only to find out that one of their labels is indeed Universal music.

WE really don't know what to make of this, and we don't want to give anyone false hopes, but does anyone have any ideia of what this might be?

Miguel and Romão

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could only find two distributors for the Indiana Jones Trilogy album, and they were Silva and Megaphon Importservice, and none of them are labels belonging to Bertus.

How, and I have to mention that in the Portuguese Fnac website, this release was in the category of movie music and credited to John Williams and the format in cd.

It was never distributed by Universal though.

true.. why should Universal buy the albummaster rights for such a release.. which is reissued anyway by a different label... damn! how I hateit wait for detailed infos :P

hmm but if they are releasing extended editions officially and a fourth movie iscoming out this year... would the really call it Indiana Jones TRILOGY?

but then again we should look at the Star Wars trilogy re-releases

I?m sure that if indeed the expanded releases are coming out, they would certainly only be for the first 3 movies at this point, so why not call it Indiana Jones Trilogy? And as Steef said, it might just be a temporary designation.

These could definetly be the re-releases. The question is, will it be the 3 OSTs and some nice packaging and a cool book, or will it be the expanded/complete scores?

65 Euro's seems a tad cheap for expanded scores I think.

I think so too. For reissues of OSTs though, that'd be the price. I hope I'm proven wrong.

Isn't is something like "Bande Sonere Original"?

yep

I would call 65 € a reasonable price.

the SW SEs were very expensive, but the recent re-issue was 15 € each and the trilogy box about was 39.95 or something.

and it would be even more reasonable if it were expanded releases not 2Cds long...

The rhino superman was 24 € x 3 = 72, and raiders may fit in one Cd...

You know that I work in Fnac, and I can tell you that Bertus it is not a label, it is the service of international orders in Fnac (I don´t know how to explain it well, but it is the service for import cds that are not available in your country, recently i order CEOTTK in Bertus from Japan, I expect it in the next weeks).

Yes, we know Bertus isn't a label. We were just so excited that wrote it that way...

But as it was pointed out on the original post, they distribute Universal Music, that distribute Concord Records... Anyhow, I'll check that out next wednesday, as I'll visit the local Fnac store.

If it is this :Indiana Jone Trilogy. If you are talking about this item. No, it is just a remake. I think. It only contains 1 disc. I would like to see an Indiana Jones Trilogy contain 3 disc. Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. Do it justice. I hope Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull does not disappoint.

You know that I work in Fnac

Speaking of which, last week I went by your section of the store and there you were, playing The Empire Strikes Back in a volume that would make any of us proud. But was it on shuffle? It was jumping from "Hyperspace" to "The Imperial March" and so on.

65 Euro's seems a tad cheap for expanded scores I think.

I think so too. For reissues of OSTs though, that'd be the price. I hope I'm proven wrong.

€65 for re-issues of three CDs? When non-limited CDs usually cost about $15? Which, despite the low $, ends up at a usual maximum of €17 around here (and blockbuster scores usually get a cheaper tag). Even at €17 per disc, this still sounds too high.

If it were a box set I would guess 1 disc for Raiders, 2 discs for TOD and 2 for LC.

Plus if they are packaged with a booklet or lengthy liner notes, that would affect pricing.

Of course this all just pure speculation.

I have a feeling we'll find out later this summer.

If it were a box set I would guess 1 disc for Raiders, 2 discs for TOD and 2 for LC.

And a sixth disc for additional Raiders cues, source music and alternatives. :D

Negative?!?!?! Me?!?!!?

Nahhhh.....;)

Like I said earlier, if and when these were to see a release it wasn't going to be limited. They were going to be done by a major or big label. Concord may not be well know to everyone but they have an extensive catalogue.

Personally I think it would be silly to re-issue just the original albums for the first three films, especially with FSM, Intrada and Varese doing what they do. Lucasfilm will probably have the final say as to how these are released.

And a sixth disc for additional Raiders cues, source music and alternatives. :D

Given the current advances in technology I would figure the missing Well of Souls could be added to the single version of Raiders but maybe it might need to be stretched to 6 discs.

And yes perhaps some alternate cues could be added.

Raiders in total is nearly 90 minutes, no? THat would give 40 something minutes per cd. PLus, they could the same as with the Star Wars SE and put several takes of the Raiders March like a hidden track.

And a sixth disc for additional Raiders cues, source music and alternatives. ;)

If that were true, I think they'd bill it as the Brown Box.

Given the current advances in technology I would figure the missing Well of Souls could be added to the single version of Raiders but maybe it might need to be stretched to 6 discs.

It would be odd to release complete TOD and Crusade scores and still skip the few remaining Raiders bits like Government Ages.

You know that I work in Fnac

Speaking of which, last week I went by your section of the store and there you were, playing The Empire Strikes Back in a volume that would make any of us proud. But was it on shuffle? It was jumping from "Hyperspace" to "The Imperial March" and so on.

Isn´t funny that you are always talking like you know me and I don´t know who you are? Why don´t you introduce yourself? I´m not shy (I attend to strangers everyday...). And I don´t think that it was on shuffle, I usually play full scores, altougth sometimes I repeat tracks like "Asteroid Field"...

I´m sorry but I have to end the speculation about this box. I have the complete Bertus cataolgue of soundtracks and it appers something called "Indiana Jones Trilogy Box" from EMI, available since 13/01/2004 for 69.99 euros (well my catalogue it is like a year old). I don´t know what the hell this box is, maybe the old soundtracks put together, but for sure not a new box...

Well I don't know what the release date for the DVD set was internationally but it was released in the States on October of 2003.