The 2nd OFFICIAL Indy IV Thread

Wow, these look really great!!! :beerchug:

A question. At the beginning of this spot (click here), we hear briefly the Ark Theme. Is that taken from Raiders? If so, from which scene?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credits are way too long these days.

But that's good when you can get great end credit suites like ID4 or Cloverfield. Unfortunately most of them turn out to be randomly strung together rehash (PoA, I'm looking at you).

AOTC was the last time I remember a full on suite written and arranged specially for the end credits. Unfortunately, it ultimately wasn't used for whatever reason.

And Memoirs, and Munich...

And WOTW

and acording to this: click ROTS too.

- “End Credits”, 7M8. A full new End Credits suite, featuring the classic Luke’s Theme/Rebel Fanfare start, then a gliding harp starts off Leia’s Theme. This segues into the new “Revenge of the Sith” theme, followed by a concert presentation of the Throne Room motif from ANH, and a reprise of Leia’s Theme as the now-traditional prequel soft fadeout. Described as highly emotional with some tears flowing during recording.

And WOTW

and acording to this: click ROTS too.

- “End Credits”, 7M8. A full new End Credits suite, featuring the classic Luke’s Theme/Rebel Fanfare start, then a gliding harp starts off Leia’s Theme. This segues into the new “Revenge of the Sith” theme, followed by a concert presentation of the Throne Room motif from ANH, and a reprise of Leia’s Theme as the now-traditional prequel soft fadeout. Described as highly emotional with some tears flowing during recording.

WotW's end credits suite is cut and paste with some minor editing.

ROTS is music from Star Wars, with that awful battle of the whiney heroes or what ever its called, its not original at all.

ROTS is music from Star Wars, with that awful battle of the whiney heroes or what ever its called, its not original at all.

But it was composed that way, not cut and paste job in editing room

WotW's end credits suite is cut and paste with some minor editing.

The intended version by williams isnt

I must say, the myth surrounding Akakor (named Akator in the movie, judging by the LEGO set), is immensely fascinating. Seems like a great subject for an Indy movie.

The Epilogue track.

My favourite cue from the album.

I love the track. I find the Herrmann-vibe from the brass to be bone-chillingly brilliant.

Williams' Epilogue cues usually end up being pretty damn good. The Fury comes to mind.

btw, has anyone done the disney tokyo Indy ride, Temple of the Crystal skull, which opened in 2001.

what does that have to do with my ? Luke or did the frenchie version deal with the skulls

also Young Indy had an episode where Belloq acquired a crystal skull.

also Young Indy had an episode where Belloq acquired a crystal skull.

And the crystall skulls were a recurring artifact in the prologue adventures on the indiana jones adult novels, but always the badguy arrived 1st.

One of my coworkers is great friends with Max McCoy

they grew up in Kansas together

"For an old man you ain't bad in a fight!"

"Get on Gramps!"

"Not as easy as it used to be!"

These are 3 jokes about Indy being old already...... Are they really funny??? :thumbup:

I am not watching any more trailers or TV spots at this point.

I had seen too much of Iron Man from trailers,and that partly hurt my cinema going experience

"Get on Gramps!"

"Not as easy as it used to be!"

These are 3 jokes about Indy being old already...... Are they really funny??? :thumbup:

damn i thought i was closer.

they are fun. :)

I'm scared about how they are going to translate 'Jonesy' as it seems Mac calls indy that...

Oh my Ricard is going to hate the movie.

Indy wears a tie on the train scene... :thumbup:

not necessarily, Ricard like Raiders and TOD and Indy wears a tie in both those films too.

I wouldn't say that's a joke. I think it's probably more a reference to the public's worry about whether or not they can pull off Indy when Ford is in his 60s.

Yeah, at this point I've seen as much as I want too. Hopefully any TV spots I happen to catch won't have anything new.

Holy smokes...I just watched those TV spots...this looks like it's gonna be incredible. I saw some very Slocombe-like shots as well. Very cool.

On the other hand, I plan to not watch them again.

Indy wears a tie on the train scene... :P

not necessarily, Ricard like Raiders and TOD and Indy wears a tie in both those films too.

And LC.

Indy wears a tie on the train scene... :blink:

And LC.

we know that part Mark, Luke thinks Ricard didn't like LC because Indy wore a tie in that movie.

Just watched the new featurette on the official site and WOW! Harrison is looking REALLY good lately. The hat, the jacket and the tan knock 15 years off him. Easily.

Same here. But I don't think there'll be another trailer. Just the two trailers will do for me. Since the movie comes out in the theaters in the next 14 days or so.

There isn't much new footage really out of all new TVs spots that has been put up on the site. Just a bit of re-editing here and there with the same old footages played over and over again. Don't want them to reveal anymore more since I don't it to spoil the movie when I go and watch it!

I wouldn't say that's a joke. I think it's probably more a reference to the public's worry about whether or not they can pull off Indy when Ford is in his 60s.

Well, substitute "joke" with "reference."

Do we need a constant reminder that Harrison Ford has aged???

No, but if you saw an aged man kicking serious butt, and you had an attitude, you might make such a comment. It's just possible...

Indy wears a tie on the train scene... :)

And LC.

we know that part Mark, Luke thinks Ricard didn't like LC because Indy wore a tie in that movie.

Not a necktie, this tie: Corbata%203.jpg

BTW i think Ricard didnt like that Indy wore the tie (not Professor Jones)

One thing i have noticed wahting the TV spots and the track titles (grave robbers) is that the 'zombie looking guy' is not something unleashed by returning the skull to the temple, but takes place in a cemetery where indy is looking for something (that's why he an mutt have showels). Orellana's tomb maybe? The guy must be somekind of protector like the brothers of the cruciform sword.

One thing i have noticed wahting the TV spots and the track titles (grave robbers) is that the 'zombie looking guy' is not something unleashed by returning the skull to the temple, but takes place in a cemetery where indy is looking for something (that's why he an mutt have showels). Orellana's tomb maybe? The guy must be somekind of protector like the brothers of the cruciform sword.

About the "zombie" . . .

According to the back of the action figure, there are three of them that guard it. The picture on the back of the action figure package does not make him look as good as he does in the trailer (it's a promotional pic anyway), but it's clear it's a guy wearing a mask with hair. I've yet to see the other two though.

About the "zombie" . . .

According to the back of the action figure, there are three of them that guard it. The picture on the back of the action figure package does not make him look as good as he does in the trailer (it's a promotional pic anyway), but it's clear it's a guy wearing a mask with hair. I've yet to see the other two though.

i'm not reading that. :P

Yeah, you'd be better off not.

I work in a book store so we've been getting in tons of Indiana Jones merchandise. Today the Ultimate Guide came in. They covered some things on Crystal Skull. I couldn't help but look. It didn't really spoil too much for me, but I can see where the story is going (to an extent).

One thing worth mentioning, is something I found in the book to be very touching, and while I have no doubts it will be in Crystal Skull, I hope they don't try to squeeze it in in such a way that it will feel unnatural. It's almost a throwaway moment, but I really dug it.

For those who don't care . . .

There's a bronze statue of Marcus Brody that sits on the school grounds. It looked great and really made me realize what we're missing with this "final" installment.

The rest of the book was pretty cool, especially for the maps. I don't know how official the maps are, but one that caught my eye was the layout of Pankot palace and the temple of doom that lies beneath. It shows where the members entrance is as well as where the last Sankara stones were (they weren't too far off). It was neat, but I don't think I'll be making a purchase anytime soon.

Hey, has anyone seen this? Michael Bay SO sucks! :mellow:

In other words:

If, in the past, Bay had chosen to direct the projects that - in his opinion - sucked, he´d probably have made some good movies.

he is joking

he said Raiders would suck, and we know how that movie turned to be. Now he is saying that the new movie is gonna suck too.

Saying that its gonna be a big hit.

BTW Indy IV does not have storyboards, i think, just pre-viz thingy

he is joking

he said Raiders would suck, and we know how that movie turned to be. Now he is saying that the new movie is gonna suck too.

I know he's joking, thank you!

But it's ironic because most people think that most of Michael Bay's movies suck big-time!

P.S. I wonder though whether Spielberg's entrance was planned...

he is joking

I know he's joking, thank you!

But it's ironic because most people think that most of Michael Bay's movies suck big-time!

P.S. I wonder though whether Spielberg's entrance was planned...

LOL

I suppose spielberg entrance was nos planned since he did not had a micro...

Hey all! I just purchased my tickets for the 4:45 PM showing of the new film at the Loews Boston Commons theater, for May 22nd. I'll be in Boston to see JW conduct the Boston Pops, so I figured I would see the film in Boston as well. In Florida we don't have huge theaters everywhere (although there is a pretty big one in Jacksonville where I go to College), so I bet this will be my first experience at a large theater. Anyone been to the Loews Boston Commons before?

Hey all! I just purchased my tickets for the 4:45 PM showing of the new film at the Loews Boston Commons theater, for May 22nd. I'll be in Boston to see JW conduct the Boston Pops, so I figured I would see the film in Boston as well. In Florida we don't have huge theaters everywhere (although there is a pretty big one in Jacksonville where I go to College), so I bet this will be my first experience at a large theater. Anyone been to the Loews Boston Commons before?

I have been there many times it's a very nice theater.

Also, unless the movie you are seeing in on the one screen they have on the first floor, once they take your ticket as you go up to the second floor, you could wander around there all day long seeing any movies you wanted with incredible ease.