Upcoming Films

Quintus

Check out the Arnold Schwarzenegger King Conan poster that is being featured at the Cannes Film Festival.

According the The Arnold Fans, it's more of a promo poster meant to stir up excitement for the film amongst would-be investors and not a final official poster.

Reportedly, the film is to be titled Legend of Conan.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/awesome-arnold-schwarzenegger-king-conan-poster-cannes-film-festival

cannes-king-conan-poster.png

I always thought that he was a strange fit considering the style of films Marvel was churning out. Shame, though, since he was on the project for so long. You would have thought his vision for the project would have been plainly known, and odd that it suddenly became an issue. I was really looking forward to that one. It would have been a nice change (presumably).

Yeah, but many said that was more of a nice gesture of Rodriguez and that it didn't mean anything. What I'm saying is that Miller might be more actively involved in the direction of the Sin City movies than people think.

Rodriguez said he gave him credit because all he had to was point the camera and everything else was straight out of the comics. Perhaps Rodriguez deserves more credit than he gets, as Miller's other Sin City-esque movie, the title of which eludes me, was horrendous.

Stylistically, The Spirit is closer to Sin City than Rodriguez's other movies. The difference between Sin City and the horrendous Machete is humongous. No really, I'm beginning to think we have to thank Miller instead of Rodriguez.

Alex

What I mean is, we all do the effort to post a trailer, photos or a link to an article. Why doesn't Richard? Is he above that?!

Stylistically, The Spirit is closer to Sin City than Rodriguez's other movies. The difference between Sin City and the horrendous Machete is humongous. No really, I'm beginning to think we have to thank Miller instead of Rodriguez.

Alex

I wouldn't change a thing in Machete. Sin City fits right in with the rest of Rodriguez' grindhouse cinema. Spy Kids, on the other hand... ;)

What I mean is, we all do the effort to post a trailer, photos or a link to an article. Why doesn't Richard? Is he above that?!

Jay's right, Alex! :lol: I have no idea how to do something like that, so I don't bother. I'm not above it, at all: it just doesn't bother me to do it.

Wait, what? I thought he already filmed it starring Justin Long?

Edit: should have read the article.

I think Wright's a hell of a director, and I've enjoyed all his movies as well as his work on tv like Spaced. He would have worked wonderfully in this project with his mix of humor and action seemingly exactly what Marvel wants. But he's been working on this with them for the better part of a decade. He knows what Marvel wants to do, having a big connected universe, and he walks away now because they put their foot down probably about him unwilling to acknowledge or adhere to the other projects. This is all on him as far as I'm concerned. His long gestating work on this has delayed Ant Man's introduction into the universe, and elements like Hank Pym being an Avenger and creating Ultron are out of the window because of his work on this.

If this is an original work by him I can understand him complaining about studio interference. But he is working with an established literary world, for a company that has a very clear direction for their products and a man in charge, Kevin Feige, who has done a wonderful job at adapting the comics and translating them to the big screen. Wright has known what this entailed for eight years, and if it was such a big problem for him, he should have left a while ago and not a matter of weeks before filming was to begin. A poor showing on his part.

Bull shit!

He left because he didnt wish to conform too much to the established Marvel production line, and thats a bad thing?

If Marvel has one problem its that all of their films are basically the same.

Ant-man as a comedy could have been very interesting. But of course it would not have fit with The Avengers cross-over stuff.

Bull shit!

He left because he didnt wish to conform too much to the established Marvel production line, and thats a bad thing?

If Marvel has one problem its that all of their films are basically the same.

Ant-man as a comedy could have been very interesting. But of course it would not have fit with The Avengers cross-over stuff.

Have you not seen all the other Marvel films? Other than Cap, they all are heavy on the comedy. I think it has more to do with characters appearing or ensuring nothing conflicted with the universe, while making allowances for crossovers. Maybe Marvel wanted the ending changed or certain characters to live/die and he became unhappy with that. Again, nothing he shouldn't have known for years.

Ive seem all of them I think. And while they are have comedy to varying degrees, they are all basically big budget special effect/action epics.

It would have been interesting to see Marvel try a pure comedy.

I doubt Ant-Man can be done successfully any other way anyway.

The Wright should have known better line sounds very simplistic!

Its not like he just started working with these people though. He's been working on this since before Iron Man was released. He's seen what they are doing, connecting all their movies and television shows to a big shared universe. He seemingly wanted to make a project independent of this and have it be its own thing (an action/comedy/heist movie) unrelated to the other films. To think he was going to be able to do this, considering how successful Marvel has been following their own model is foolish on his part and I'm sure he's been fighting for years with them over these details. To leave them high and dry right before filming is to start is childish on his part, and if he had no intention on playing to the shared universe he should have exited the project years ago.

If he worked on a script for 8 years only to have it completely altered then he was within his right to get out, better now than during filming where the production could suffer because he's not invested in the project anymore and didn't care.

I feel like Marvel finally got a little scared about the project and needed to feed it through their machine.