Upcoming Films

Quintus

Good trailers. Movie looks great. Quickly rising up to be one of my most anticipated films of the summer.

I'm going to come out hating it.

Yes. It's happened far too often sadly. I'm not sure I can put my faith in great-looking blockbuster flicks again... :(

It's certainly what I'd consider spoiler free. Basic plot elements; random shots of destruction, etc. Holds true to their marketing campaign thus far with hiding as much as possible while still being an effective advertizement for the film.

But if you want to go into the film a complete virgin, already excited, and want to pop your cherry in the theater then I wouldn't worry about watching it. But if you need a little manipulation then go for it.

I hope it's good too! What's weird is there are 6 major Sin City stories (and a bunch of short stories).

The first film covered stories 1, 3, and 4 (plus one short story).

This second film is doing story 2, and then two completely original stories (plus another one of the shorts)

Are they going to make a third movie to finally get to stories 5 and 6? I guess that makes sense, since story 5 is also a Dwight story, so each film will have a Dwight story in it that way.

Looks like the first film. Maybe that's a good thing, I don't know.

Anyway, this clip from Captain America: The Winter Soldier doesn't leave much hope for any trace of Alan Silvestri to make a cameo... Imaginative scoring of today is back.... :sarcasm:

Karol

Remember when Henry Jackman was hyped to be the next big thing

Yeah :(

It was David Arnold all over again :( :(

Third time lucky? Could the next JW be closer than we think?!!

Wow. I have to say, something is really "off" with that teaser. I can't put my finger on it. The look of the first movie was awesome, this one looks like a cheap company trying to ripoff that style. Hopefully it's just the upload quality of the trailer and the final film will look better.

Also, having recently read "A Dame To Kill For", I dunno if Eva Green will have the gravitas the character requires. Angelina Jolie would have been perfect (if this had been filmed 5 years ago as planned)

I've heard Eva Green is the best thing about the 300 sequel.

Whatever it is (and I agree, the visuals don't look that good for now), there's certainly nothing wrong with the cast. I see Powers Boothe is in it too ... perfect!

Green's a good actress. Those shots from the new 300 film look awful tough.

I don't think Green's a good actress. She's far too self-conscious in almost her every utterance or facial expression on screen, and because of that she's never truly inhabited a role. That said, she does own a lovely pair of knockers. Thank you Bertolucci.

I LOVED the look of the original Sin City film. Basically loved everything about that movie.

But for me, personally, this new trailer for the second film doesn't look the same as the original movie did. To me, something seems "off". As I said, hopefully it's just the quality of the youtube version, or the unfinished nature, or whatever, and the final film will feel right at home with the original. I'm there in the theater no matter what.