46 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

One would suggest a radical change of direction from what was previously intended.

No, I don’t think there was a change in direction because the voiceovers weren’t scripted and directed. They were taken from pre-existing recordings of veterans from old BBC documentaries.  So, the only way the filmmakers could have shaken them into their vision was through editing.

So whenever an the name of a battle or place was mentioned in the voiceover (which I have to assume happened quite frequently), they just cut around it.

23 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

No, I don’t think there was a change in direction because the voiceovers weren’t scripted and directed. They were taken from pre-existing recordings of veterans from old BBC documentaries.  So, the only way the filmmakers could have shaken them into their vision was through editing.

So not semantics?

28 minutes ago, KK said:

Terrence Malick's New VR Project Has Music by Jonny Greenwood, Explores Human Life From Birth to Death

Couldn't care less about the VR thing. But the idea that Greenwood might become a Malick collaborator, possibly for his upcoming Radegund is exciting.

Couldn't care less about Greenwood but the VR thing sounds cool

I don't like anything on that album as much as I like "Little by Little" or "Lotus Flower" or "Separator."

TKOL is so underrated, I find it so much more interesting sonically than AMSP, which outside of a few highlights I found quite bland in terms of arrangement and production.

Yea, I agree. TKOL is underrated, but it's kind of a chore. I never really find much reason to go back to it, especially when I can just put on Kid A instead. I prefer AMSP's highlights to the songs you mentioned. There's more range.

But I will agree that Greenwood's solo work is more interesting than modern Radiohead. But hey, most modern music bores me.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:13 PM, Alexcremers said:

For when you need to watch a Liam Neeson movie ...

That's actually based on the Norwegian Film In Order of Disappearance, by the same director - basically a remake for the US audiense.

What is it with US Americans not being able to see films that are not about themselves?

On 10/30/2018 at 6:56 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

That's actually based on the Norwegian Film In Order of Disappearance, by the same director - basically a remake for the US audiense.

What is it with US Americans not being able to see films that are not about themselves?

I really dont care about foreign films. In the US we have 2 basic languages. English and Spanish. You can drive from one coast to the other and English is dominant. Where else in the world can you travel that far without the main spoken language changing?

Btw a Meg sequel is in the planning stage.

Its too obvious sorry. We are very centric in our film viewer ship. English films dominate here. There is a minute audience for foreign language films. That number is probably between 0 and 2%.

But I guess they watch the remakes, such as The Magnificent Seven.

7 minutes ago, JoeinAR said:

Its too obvious sorry. We are very centric in our film viewer ship. English films dominate here. There is a minute audience for foreign language films. That number is probably between 0 and 2%.

Is this basically because you don't like to read subtitles?

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

But I guess they watch the remakes, such as The Magnificent Seven.

Is this basically because you don't like to read subtitles?

Why should we want to read? Btw I do watch Norwegian horro and korean horror but I do hate reading subtitles because the translation is usually poor. 

36 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Do you also only listen to audio books when you want to read a book?

Americans hate subtitles so much that they prefer to watch foreign movies that are dubbed in English. But, as we all know, half of the European countries seem to prefer it too. The other half (including the Dutch speaking part of Belgium) loves subtitles, thereby preserving the original language and voices.