Apart from Hedwig's theme, which is your favorite HP theme?

Jessie Lohner

Composed by John Williams, of course.

Me, I LOOOOOOOVE the Friendship Theme. Or is that what it's called? I mean, the theme that starts at 0:14 in Harry's Wondrous World. Every time I hear it, I'm like WOW. This is music that has the power to make you really happy and cheerful. :lol:

Examples that I especially like:

A Change of Season: played by an English Horn, so gorgeous

Knockturn Alley: when Hermione appears for the first time

The Reunion: at the beginning

What about you? Which theme (with examples!) do you like most?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Voldemort's theme(s): Slithery, evil and ominous. Another great bad guy theme from JW. Shame that there are so few renditions of these themes on the OST.

Examples: The first time Hagrid mention's Voldemort, Ollivander's Wand Shop, the Blood of the Unicord scene in the Dark Forest.

A Bridge to the Past: Harry's family theme from POA is perhaps the most beautiful of all HP themes. Both recorder and oboe variations are particularly touching plus it receives that grand version in the finale.

Voldemort's theme(s): Slithery, evil and ominous. Another great bad guy theme from JW. Shame that there are so few renditions of these themes on the OST.

Examples: The first time Hagrid mention's Voldemort, Ollivander's Wand Shop, the Blood of the Unicord scene in the Dark Forest.

A Bridge to the Past: Harry's family theme from POA is perhaps the most beautiful of all HP themes. Both recorder and oboe variations are particularly touching plus it receives that grand version in the finale.

Which Voldemort's Theme? I've always liked the moment in Philosopher's Stone, when Snape (appears to) bewitch Harry during the Quidditch Game. You know what I'm talking about?

Where can I listen to Window to the Past played on an oboe?

Which Voldemort's Theme? I've always liked the moment in Philosopher's Stone, when Snape (appears to) bewitch Harry during the Quidditch Game. You know what I'm talking about?

Yes that is the Voldemort's theme, which can of course be heard in its full glory on the Face of Voldemort track. There are 2 melodies for Voldemort, the short exclamatory one and the longer slithery melodic line which both are featured in the scenes I mention and the longer melodic line is the theme used in Quidditch Match cue.

And Window to the Past can be heard on an oboe in the Bridge scene in the film dueting with the recorder and in a later concert arrangement of the theme which is not in the film or on the soundtrack album of course but recorded by e.g. the Prague Philharmonic orchestra for their myriad "cashing in on HP phenomenon" albums. There JW replaces the recorder with an oboe.

Yes that is the Voldemort's theme, which can of course be heard in its full glory on the Face of Voldemort track. There are 2 melodies for Voldemort, the short exclamatory one and the longer slithery melodic line which both are featured in the scenes I mention and the longer melodic line is the theme used in Quidditch Match cue.

And Window to the Past can be heard on an oboe in the Bridge scene in the film dueting with the recorder and in a later concert arrangement of the theme which is not in the film or on the soundtrack album of course but recorded by e.g. the Prague Philharmonic orchestra for their myriad "cashing in on HP phenomenon" albums. There JW replaces the recorder with an oboe.

I'll have to listen to Voldemort's Face again!

Hmmm, I don't have the Prague Philharmonic recording. But yeah, that's also a nice theme, although my favorite from Prisoner is of course Double Trouble! Especially in Mischief Managed! WOW!! :lol:

The theme for the Dementors is perhaps Williams's most inspired and creative work ever.

It's to mature and sophisticated for film music.

Maybe, but the theme is a real pick-me-up. Anytime I've having a bad day, I just whistle the Dementors theme to myself. It does wonders.

The theme for the Dementors is perhaps Williams's most inspired and creative work ever.

It's to mature and sophisticated for film music.

Maybe, but the theme is a real pick-me-up. Anytime I've having a bad day, I just whistle the Dementors theme to myself. It does wonders.

I don't think I can actually whistle it

I don't think I can actually whistle it
I can't whistle. :lol:

You know, if you guys put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.

That is inspiring. Hmm, maybe I'll try again.

Nope, still can't.

Composed by John Williams, of course.

Me, I LOOOOOOOVE the Friendship Theme. Or is that what it's called? I mean, the theme that starts at 0:14 in Harry's Wondrous World. Every time I hear it, I'm like WOW. This is music that has the power to make you really happy and cheerful. :lol:

Examples that I especially like:

A Change of Season: played by an English Horn, so gorgeous

Knockturn Alley: when Hermione appears for the first time

The Reunion: at the beginning

What about you? Which theme (with examples!) do you like most?

I want the unreleased version in The House Cup when everyone cheers . It was re- recorded incomplete for CoS

My favorite theme is, without doubt, buckbeaks flight, and I particularly like the second occurrence, when Sirius escapes from the tower (it has a great intro there - unreleased, of course ;-)).

The second favorite theme is what started as the Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone motive and seemed to end up as Voldemort's theme in CoS (the best version can be heard when the safe at Gringotts is opened in the first movie).

Me, I LOOOOOOOVE the Friendship Theme. Or is that what it's called? I mean, the theme that starts at 0:14 in Harry's Wondrous World. Every time I hear it, I'm like WOW. This is music that has the power to make you really happy and cheerful.

I've always thought of that theme as being too saccharine, too cute.

Buckbeak's Flight

I'm not really well versed in Harry Potter music, but that would be my choice.

I want the unreleased version in The House Cup when everyone cheers.

Well you would do, wouldn't you!

I want the unreleased version in The House Cup when everyone cheers . It was re- recorded incomplete for CoS

Do you mean toward the end of the movie? I thought that was on the Cos Soundtrack. What's missing?

Me, I LOOOOOOOVE the Friendship Theme. Or is that what it's called? I mean, the theme that starts at 0:14 in Harry's Wondrous World. Every time I hear it, I'm like WOW. This is music that has the power to make you really happy and cheerful.

I've always thought of that theme as being too saccharine, too cute.

Well, Harry Potter and his friends are too cute, so it's perfect. ;)

Double Trouble, probably. I loved the theme from the trailer, and it's the theme that gets the most variations of them all. Although nothing can match the sensation of hearing Fawkes for the first time. I still get a tingling down my spine (even though there are four notes in it that I don't like).

"A Window to the Past" (could that be considered Harry's theme?), Double Trouble, Nimbus 2000, Buckbeak's Flight, Fawkes.