JWFan Thematic Tournament- FINAL

John Crichton

The Final Battle  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite:

• The Raiders March
    • The Force theme

Well, it's appropriate that it should come to this. These two themes were neck and neck for the #1 seed during the whole nominations process, but it was the Force theme was was narrowly ahead until just the last few ballots. And they were miles ahead of all the others, at least until the Imperial March had a bit of a surge the last few days. So, for all the marbles:

Raiders.png vs. Force.png

As before, 3 days to start, more if it's close. The official definition of close will be a 3 vote or less difference.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have abstained from voting in the other polls ( out of indecisiveness), but I shall remain silent no more. "The Raiders March". I always loved its B Theme more than the A Theme, though.

EDIT: If people keep posting these images, this Thread will take two hours to load!

Oh yes, those bouncing boobs are way hypnotizers... Miss Padmé's avatar can also be a big influence here...

Uh, someone please post sexy pics of Karen Allen, Kate Capshaw or Alison Doody, please?

That's the kind of psychotic, twisted, lose-lose situation that should be reserved for superhero movies. Bah, this is gonna be tough. In the past, the Force theme would have gotten a knee-jerk vote from me, but I've been on such an Indy kick that it's extremely difficult to choose. Meditate on this, I will.

who gives a crap, these are not the two best JW themes.

You're right - they were originally the three best JW themes, until Spielberg suggested he combine his two Indy main themes into one single theme with an A and a B section. ;)

- Datameister, who thinks JW has done a lot of "best" themes

There is no "best John Williams theme"... almost everything he does is good in some way...

If we're talking about action/adventure scores, these themes certainly stands as reference...

Superman Love Theme and...Jaws?

And if you didn't bother to submit a ballot during nominations you have no right to moan about the outcome.

Superman Love Theme and...Jaws?

And if you didn't bother to submit a ballot during nominations you have no right to moan about the outcome.

sure I do, but it was your ball game.

How is The Force Theme killing Raiders March so brutally???

At the very least, it should be close. This is the #1 spot we're talking about!!

I suppose, from an objective standpoint, I might have to vote for the Raiders March, simply because it comprises a lot more material than the eight-measure Force theme, although the latter does have its dubious, not-that-spectacular, almost-never-used B theme. But the Force theme is just so perfect...

Everyone who appreciates the time and effort John C. put into the competition, which has been the most entertaining thing going on here in quite a while.

Raiders ftw, by the way.

Everyone who appreciates the time and effort John C. put into the competition, which has been the most entertaining thing going on here in quite a while.

Raiders ftw, by the way.

thats not saying much.

Ignore the grouch and he will go away. I for one appreciate your efforts John, though this time I simply cannot decide in this particular poll. It's too difficult to call, for me. Sorry JC.

Ignore the grouch and he will go away. I for one appreciate your efforts John, though this time I simply cannot decide in this particular poll. It's too difficult to call, for me. Sorry JC.

whatever you say twinkles.

I appreciate John's efforts as one of my posts alludes to that a smart person rather than a smart ass would understand.

I don't appreciate the outcome which is not the same.

Yay!

You guys are so cute! No wonder I missed this place so much. :D

Joey is too old to be considered cute, so in case you're wondering who the cute one actually is..., well lets just say it ain't Joe :)

The Force Theme is one of the major themes of ESB, despite being originally written for an earlier movie

true but I bet the endtitles to ESB are the overwhelming favorites of any que in JW's catalog.