What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

We finished Twin Peaks and the kid can't wait for the next season. He even doesn't want the aspect ratio to change.

I watched the second episode of The Leftovers and already I doubt whether I will continue with it.

I watched the first 5 minutes of Utopia and I thought it looked good.

LOL. Here's a article that'll make you laugh if you've seen the first episode of the first season of Black Mirror

http://www.avclub.com/article/maybe-black-mirror-episode-yes-one-wasnt-so-far-fe-225627

Finished Silicon Valley season 2. Ok I've come to really like this show. It's not reinventing the wheel, and the story is just basically a bunch of underdog geeks trumping... and falling down again. But it works. And I had some good fun, especially the last few episodes.

Also finished season 2 of Community. After a rather middling start cumulating with two of the season's worst episodes (the Halloween zombie ep and the cringy trampoline ep) the show really picks up and mostly maintains the quality through to the end. My favourite character Pierce, gets thoroughly mean in this season that at certain points I thought they went overboard with it, but his characters redeems himself a few times and frankly he's just too lovably racist/sexist/homophobic to not love. Chang starts off annoying too but towards the end the show somehow manages to tap into his manic craziness and makes it entertaining. On to season 3.

Ooh, judging by your comments, I don't think season 3 is going play too well with you.

And both the Halloween episode and the trampoline episode were fun! The former more than the latter.

It wasn't comedy gold or anything, but amusing nonetheless. I don't think there's a single episode in the 2nd season I disliked or "cringed" at.

Mindy Project 4x01 While I Was Sleeping

Show is past it's prime. Joseph Gordon Levitt was funny, though. WTF happened to Morgan? He looks like he lost a ton of weight, but didn't come out better for it. Face looked weird and gaunt.

The League 7x01 That Other Draft

The opening bit with Marshawn Lynch was really clever, as was the bit where everyone reveals their statues for Andre. The potty training payoff was pretty funny, the NFL Draft sequence was kinda weird. Not sure what to make of the Meegan storyline...

The League 7x02 The Draft of Innocence

I guess the Andre dating Meegan thing is leading to some ok scenarios, the triple date was kinda funny, especially Ruxin's showdown with the snooty waiter. The 1890s draft was meh, filled with stupid jokes (Andre forgot to draft! Taco still thinks kickers are the best!), but it was kinda funny that Rafi tried to turn it into a slave auction. What a weird ending.

The paintball episodes were great in season 2. And Alison Brie was smoking hot there.

The concept ep with the stolen pens really got the season underway.

Downton Abbey 6x01

Typical episode of the show. It turns out I had forgotten a lot of about last season until my memory was jogged; I thought Mary spent last season waffling between 2 guys, and ultimately chose one. I forgot she just dated that one guy and ended up not marrying him. The blackmail subplot in this episode was odd all the way through, including the kind of deus ex machina ending that wrapped it up too perfectly. I also had forgotten about the Bates and Anna subplot - didn't last season end with her going to jail? Or was that only how the regular season ended, and she was out by the christmas special? Anyways, I guess the writers just want that whole thing to be over, since it all got wrapped up pretty definitively here. I mean, it would be lame to drag it out more after the big celebration they have.

Daisy's little scene was interesting, and the little feud between Violet and Isobel, I really had no interest in any of it. The sweetest scenes of course were everything between Mr. Carson, Mrs. Hughes, and Patmore. The scenes with Patmore added the comedy, and the scenes with Carson and Hughes expression their feelings were just sweet.

A couple other funny moments were scattered throughout too, like anything with Violet's butler guy. Glad the show is back, and still surprised it's only going for 6 seasons and not 7. Seems like it has the legs for 7. Well, I suppose they'll do continuation movies for years to come, anyway.

"Scream Queens" Pilot

This doesn't work. Ryan Murphy has always been hit or miss for me, and this is firmly in the latter. He tries to both embrace and turn cliches on their heads (think Mean Girls meets Clueless meets Scream) but this wasn't funny or scary. He even went through the trouble of getting Jamie Lee Curtis too, but even she is wasted here.

This was apparently a two-hour premiere, but I flipped the channel 20 minutes in. That's how boring and unbelievable it was.

"Fear the Walking Dead": Not Fade Away

The writers took a page from Contagion and 28 Weeks Later with the survivors being quarantined in Travis and Madison's neighborhood. The mixed family is fraying at the seams and while there's little zombie action here -- the family drama and uncertainty makes up for it.

The writers took a page from Contagion and 28 Weeks Later

Ouch! Not 28 Days Later?

Alex - scratching Fear The Walking Dead from his list

The opening scene of the pilot is a direct homage to 28 Days Later -- two scenes in fact. Very creepy and effective.

The thing about "Fear" is that it's chronicling the rapid decline of civilization during the virus outbreak, so you're not always going to see the characters being eaten by and slaying zombies. "The Walking Dead" and 28 Days Later just skips forwards to the aftermath.

The writers took a page from Contagion and 28 Weeks Later

Ouch! Not 28 Days Later?

Alex - scratching Fear The Walking Dead from his list

The opening scene of the pilot is a direct homage to 28 Days Later -- two scenes in fact. Very creepy and effective.

In that case, I'll put it back on my list. ;)

LOL. Here's a article that'll make you laugh if you've seen the first episode of the first season of Black Mirror

http://www.avclub.com/article/maybe-black-mirror-episode-yes-one-wasnt-so-far-fe-225627

But how come you found it funny when the episode in question filled you with vile disgust and left you feeling repelled?

Wha? I said it was my least favorite episode of the 7 that've aired so far. It's a brilliant series.

Actually no, the season 2 finale was the worst one, or at least the most boring

Nah you hated the first episode at the time and were suitably vocal about how repugnant you thought the plot actually was; you seemed surprised that us lot here thought it was brilliant, I remember it. That was long before season 2 was made. Which I still need to see!