What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Saturday Night Live 41x01 Miley Cyrus / Miley Cyrus

Pretty terrible. Miley is a weirdo. The cast seemed to just go through the motions, no sense of vigor or drive. Taran Killan made a good Trump though, and the Hillary Clinton sketch was good. Weekend Update continues to be a dumpster fire, and the increased presence of Leslie Jones is confusing and ill-advised.

Downton Abbey 6x03

A weird, unabalanced episode. Didn't like that the (definitely drawn out too long) conflict about where Carson and Hughes' wedding would take place was not only still ongoing, but that it was resolved in the same episode we saw the wedding. Would have made more sense to end it now (or the previous episode), and actually dedicate some time to the wedding. What we got was way too short! And the arrival of Tom at the end was so stupid and ridiculous! You can't just pop over to England from Boston then like you can now; It would have been a long boat trip, he would have written beforehand - if for no other reason than to inform his kids grandparents where he is! Anyways, the Violet/Isobel feud continues to be the worst and most boring story they've ever done. The story with Sprat hiding his nephew was pretty good. Edith's story at the magazine was pretty good too; Looks like she'll finally find happiness. The scene with Thomas interviewing for another job was odd, seemed out of place. I have to imagine there's more to that story.

Homeland 5x01 Separation Anxiety

:sleepy:

Total snoozefest, nothing that happened was interesting, no good storylines were set up, this show is a shell of its former self. And that's the kicker - it was never even GREAT, it just came SO CLOSE and held on for years on the promise that it would hit its potential. But its clear now it never well. They should just close up shop and let everyone move on to other projects. Oh well.

Brooklyn 99 3x02 The Funeral

The A plot of Jake and Amy dealing with The Vulture and his decree they break up wasn't bad, with some funny moments. The chemistry between Jake and Amy is actually working out OK. The B plot with Holt was lightyears better than his one from last week. Just him being with the gang again was enough, but then his drunken scenes with Terry were fantastic. The C plot of Boyle and the random other cop was just weird. I feel like they've changed his character so much since season 1. They've also never once referenced his love for Rosa since Season 1, which was like the driving force of his character all season. So weird.

The first 5 or 6 episodes of Trailer Park Boys. Oh shit, this is golden age. Why the Americans felt the need to remake our The Office when they have their own brilliant original mockumentary comedy like this is beyond me.

I'm watching Doctor Who and Torchwood. Why do they use terms like miles and feet in conversation? Shouldn't all Europeans use metric? Do English still use Imperial terms in conversation, or does Netflix carry a version with translations for Americans?

Marvel's Agent Carter

Very nice, and quite a different kind of show then the obviously Whedonesque Agents Of Shield.

Haley Attwell is once again excellent in the role of Peggy Carter and the production design is excellent. It's not a series that uses a huge amount of special effects of is even very high on action, but when it does, it's looks motion picture quality.

Surprisingly slow burn for a show of this type. taking it's time to slowly develop the characters, many who go from being stereotypical G-men, to people you care about.

I wouldnt call it a slam dunk hit, but it's very solid TV.

American Horror Story: Freak Show (S4): Pilot

Yes, believe what you have heard, the clown is scary.

Alex

Th clowns are always scary.

I wouldn't know, I never saw It.

Forgot to mention that they used existing music in the pilot that I recognized but I couldn't place it. Then this morning I realized it was the main theme from Lynch's The Elephant Man.

Finished the first season of Trailer Park Boys, which was originally nothing more than a bored impulse watch on Netflix. Thank god as well, because I'd have hated to miss out on what has fast become my current favourite TV show. It's brilliant. The acting is astonishingly realistic, the comedy writing superbly understated and sharp as a needle. In the mocumentary style it is easily on par with The Office and Alan Partridge, and may yet eclipse them the further in it goes.

dRpGtt6.jpg

I love Julian's rum and coke, it should win an award for best supporting drink. Is it just you and I who have seen it here, then?

That picture doesnt look very promising, actually

I remember the image of Peter Capaldi deterring me from watching The Thick of It for nearly 10 years.

Season 8, its final, was fairly weak imo. As always there was good episodes in there, but the consistency was down on previous seasons. Not that I'd pull it up on it for that, since it'd be fairly pointless given how great it is overall. I mean, look at Arrested Development. Case closed.

While i love Larry David, he can't be accused of avoiding repetition either. There's a lot of dancing around the same social peculiarities and their often hilarious-if-totally unbelievable consequences (if you're not from L. A. maybe). I always loved FUUTRAMA's run. 4 seasons, finito.

To be quite honest there's weak episodes dotted throughout Curb's entire run. If any of those made someone stop watching the show they'd have missed out on some of the funniest tv comedy ever.

Downton Abbey 6x04

OK Tom's return isn't as bad as I thought it would be. He's a nice character to have around. Thomas filling in for Carson was amusing, and Carson's scene at the end grabbing his old name plate was cute. I think its kind of odd that Mrs. Carson would be OK with being called Mrs. Hughes still? The highlight of the episode was the return of YGritte from GOT. Wow! Took me a bit to recognize her. At first I thought it was lame stunt casting, bringing her back just because her run on GOT was over. But the way they tied it into everyone else's stories, by bringing up the Sybill connection, was really great. Just good writing all around. I don't get why they keep showing Lord Grantham having stomache pains. Didn't we go down this path last season? Are they going to kill him off in the season finale or something? Still don't care a lick about the hospital storyline. Maggie Smith had some fantastic moments this week, though! Halfway done with the final season!

Homeland 5x02 The Tradition of Hospitality

Well, that was better than last week's, that's for certain. Maybe Showtime should have aired the first 2 eps back to back like they did last year. So no one's trying to kill the billionaire, they're trying to kill Carrie. Is this going to somehow all come back to Brody? God I hope not. And at the end, did Saul actually put Carrie's name in Quinn's box, or did someone change it after the fact? Hmmm.

Holy cow! Netflix has Fargo 2 out! What a great time to be alive!

All 10 episodes? In the US, only the first episode has aired on FX so far.