What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

It gets better. The episode with the priest turned me from a 'I might watch this' into a fully-fledged Leftovers believer.

Ridley Scott produces a TV comedy series with Jean Claude Van Damme:

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/jean-claude-van-johnson/37678/ridley-scott-producing-jean-claude-van-damme-comedy-series

It gets better. The episode with the priest turned me from a 'I might watch this' into a fully-fledged Leftovers believer.

That's the one I saw as well. I was a bit disoriented as to what exactly was going on, but it was recognizably well-done.

Finished the 8 episode first season of The Returned. Great series so far. There was maybe one story thread that didn't really work (Lena's) but other than that it was superb TV. And an edge of your seat finale!

Finished the 8 episode first season of The Returned. Great series so far. There was maybe one story thread that didn't really work (Lena's) but other than that it was superb TV. And an edge of your seat finale!

The French original or the US remake? Apparently the original one is TV greatness and I've been meaning to watch it. I watched the pilot a couple of years ago and loved the mood, it reminded me of Top of the Lake in that way.

Yeah, I like The Leftovers better, but The Returned definitely covered that ground first, jokes aside. I'd imagine The Lefovers wouldn't exist if not for The Returned.

Apparently Resurrection is also very similar? I haven't seen any of that. Not interested.

Just watched the first episode of Helix. I know it was canceled after 2 seasons but is there anyone familiar with the show that can confirm whether it has an official ending or is it a cliffhanger? Were they able to wrap the series up?

The pilot was good but not stellar "must see" type of stuff. I'm not entirely sold on it but am curious enough to watch maybe another episode but I don't want to risk seeing too much and getting invested with it if it doesn't have a proper conclusion.

That's the one I saw as well. I was a bit disoriented as to what exactly was going on, but it was recognizably well-done.

Is this worth checking out then?

Another show it is then!

But what. But what?!

West Wing

American Horror Story - Season 3/4

Justified

Sense 8

The Sopranos

Sons of Anarchy

Sherlock.

3 90 minute episodes per season, yes. They are more like tv episodes than movies in structure and scope.

Hmm, I wouldn't recommend Sherlock to you or anyone else, but perhaps your taste is more in line with Jay's. I fully endorse The Sopranos, though. It's must see TV.

Sense 8: Gave up on it after one episode.

American Horror Story: fun and campy! However, the show likes to bring it in overdoses and that can be a little bit too much sometimes.

Justified: Gets crazy high ratings but I never saw it. It's not on Netflix, I think.

Sons Of Anarchy: Never bothered to check it out. Somehow I have a bad feeling about this.

The Sopranos is obligatory, just like The Wire, Deadwood, Mad Men, Six Feet Under, Breaking Bad, ...

More than I'll ever get to actually sit through. I can only watch a couple of shows at once and I already feel swamped.

After I've finished Trailer Park Boys and Fargo 2 I'll probably catch up with The Walking Dead AND its spin-off series. Plus I've restarted Breaking Bad with the gf because she hasn't seen it, we're up to season 2 there. Then maybe, MAYBE something new.

Who knew the golden age would require so much micromanagement!

Justified: Gets crazy high ratings but I never saw it. It's not on Netflix, I think.

I have Amazon Prime as well and it's on there. That's where The Sopranos is available for me.

Doctor Who!

That's one of those things in pop culture that's been with me my entire life but never watched. Since it's been going on for a million years is there a safe starting place or a reset somewhere?

I see that on Netflix they have Doctor Who which starts with the 2005 series, and they have "Classic Doctor Who". I didn't realize this had been off the air for 16 years before they rebooted it. I added the new series to my list. It could be a very British next few months for me.

Checked out the pilot for The Leftovers. Has some promise to it, but it could easily go the other way. Sometimes it is a bit heavy-handed, but I'll give the show the benefit of the doubt.

I like the bits I'm hearing of Richter's score.

From the old show really only the Tom Baker ones did anything for me. It's quite a different beast compared to the revamped version we have now.

It's very uneven, at least from today's point of view. Mostly I was surprised how extremely slow moving the first years were. You get 5 parters that cover a fragment of the plot of a modern single episode. Quality also varies a lot throughout the whole run. Still, with an open mind, it still has its moments. Tom Baker clearly was the standout though, and I definitely want to see the rest of his episodes (I think I've only watched two so far).

Checked out the pilot for The Leftovers. Has some promise to it, but it could easily go the other way. Sometimes it is a bit heavy-handed, but I'll give the show the benefit of the doubt.

I like the bits I'm hearing of Richter's score.

That's a pretty good description of the show on an episode to episode basis. It has some weaker entries, but between them are some of the best television around. Luckily, the second season has mostly been stronger entries so far.