What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

How can you judge a performance if the actors voice is replaced?

How can you judge a performance if you're looking at the subtitles?!

It takes years and years of training.

It can be done.

But it can occassionally be nice to switch off the subtitles and just let your eyes move across the screen the way they should, rather than making extra stops at the bottom of the frame.

If you're not used to subtitles, I can see how it can be a pain to have to read them.

But watching a film in its original language with subtitles will always beat watching a dub!

Just a bit a warning: the next episode is the worst one out of all nine, so don't give up and think the first one must have been a fluke or anything. Episode 3 is great and then seasons 2 and 3 get better and better

Just a bit a warning: the next episode is the worst one out of all nine, so don't give up and think the first one must have been a fluke or anything. Episode 3 is great and then seasons 2 and 3 get better and better

Jason is correct, thoug it has to be said that ep 2 still is very entertaining, despite it being the weakest. There are no "bad" episodes of Sherlock

Dubbing > subtitles.

Film fans here seems to disagree with you, ASMR fan.

Sherlock

Watched the first episode. I think this'll work out just fine then, between the two of us. Sherlock and I. And Dr. Watson, of course.

You truly belong here ... at JWfan Regular.

Hmmm, BloodBoal is not ready yet. He has grown too accustomed to dubbing. He has never heard the voice of Ian Mckellen, his most important asset, and yet it doesn't seem to bother him. He's not one of us. We now must decide where his future lies. Let the voting begin!

Alex

Hmmm, BloodBoal is not ready yet. He has grown too accustomed to dubbing. He has never heard the voice of Ian Mckellen, his most important asset, and yet it doesn't seem to bother him. He's not one of us. We now must decide where his future lies. Let the voting begin!

Alex

His reign of terror needs to end, I say!

Karol

So I finished up the first season of "Sherlock" last night. Jay, you were right about the middle episode but I didn't exactly dislike it. Still good, it just had the unfortunate circumstance of being sandwiched between two great episodes, especially that finale :o

Moriarty is a bit eccentric, eh? Off to season 2!

I'm convinced ep 2 is the weakest because Sherlock was originally conceived as a one hour series rather then 90 minutes.

When the format changed they had to pad out the scripts, which worked fine for ep 1 and 3, but less so for ep 2

I'm convinced ep 2 is the weakest because Sherlock was originally conceived as a one hour series rather then 90 minutes.

When the format changed they had to pad out the scripts, which worked fine for ep 1 and 3, but less so for ep 2

Which was the one with the hot Asian girl and the ninja? I fell asleep because I was shattered and didn't return to it.

The Leftovers S1E3 - Two Boats and a Helicopter

I'm officially onboard now. Good episode. Hope the show holds up.

Interestingly, season 1 only features 2 of those intimate character portraits, which, in my opinion, are the best episodes by and far, and I found myself waiting for another one, rather than focusing on some of the Lost-styled mystery plotting. The second season has been almost exclusively that type of episode, focusing less on any narrative, and it's been awesome.

That was the one that convinced me too. Even though most other episodes don't reach that level (except for maybe one episode a bit later on in the season), I always was curious to see the next one.

Interestingly, season 1 only features 2 of those intimate character portraits, which, in my opinion, are the best episodes by and far, and I found myself waiting for another one, rather than focusing on some of the Lost-styled mystery plotting. The second season has been almost exclusively that type of episode, focusing less on any narrative, and it's been awesome.

Ahh, that would be disappointing. This season seems very character driven rather than focused on the whole mystery phenomenon, and I found that to be the show's appeal actually.

I heard the new season of Fargo is supposed to be excellent. I loved the previous one and will start on this as soon as I'm done with.... you know... my rewatch of the "best television show ever made".

Karol

I heard the new season of Fargo is supposed to be excellent. I loved the previous one and will start on this as soon as I'm done with.... you know... my rewatch of the "best television show ever made".

Karol

The season isn't over yet. I'm going to wait when they have aired all the episodes. Then I'm gonna watch one episode a night.

Ahh, that would be disappointing. This season seems very character driven rather than focused on the whole mystery phenomenon, and I found that to be the show's appeal actually.

I think I misspoke. Season 2 has been almost exclusively the character driven episodes, which I love.

Just finished up Season 3 Episode 1 of Sherlock. More oddball humor than in past ones, but welcome. I like that this was completely about the characters and their relationships. The villain was barely a presence and that was fine. Nice change of pace.

Right now I'm voting for The Hounds of Baskerville to be the weakest so far.