What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Stefancos is a spoiler-phobe, even for movies he won't like anyway!

Just don't read the Star Wars threads. Problem solved!

This.

He'll be devastated when he returns to find BloodBoal has overtaken him as post count champion with 100,000 posts.

Can post counts be edited?

He'll be devastated when he returns to find BloodBoal has overtaken him as post count champion with 100,000 posts.

Or that Star War is still the main course here and it always will be.

Episode 3 of Hannibal S1 was very meh and made me frown in disbelief a lot. Hannibal the sidekick is starting to annoy me too. I expected better from this show.

The show goes through some growing pains in the early middle part of season one before picking up again. The network wanted a bunch of "serial killer of the week" stories for a while, but the last third of the season it drops that and gets more serialized.

As I said before, they stop the "Serial killer of the week" aspect pretty soon, you just gotta power through it.

I'm halfway through Daredevil and the show is starting to annoy me. It features a hero whose only solution to his problems appears to be to punch people in the face hard and repeatedly. It's become an aggressively violent show. I'll likely finish it, but it's not living up to the promise of the first few episodes.

Agreed. I really liked it at first but its getting worse all the time (I just finished Episode 8). Jessica Jones is way better.

Jessica Jones is way better.

I agree. I watch JJ with the kid (just like I watched Mr. Robot S1 with him). It's the only Marvel show that I didn't want to turn off immediately. The hard-boiled detective chick approach makes it a bit more original.

Alex

The kid makes me watch it, I have no choice. It has its tense moments though. The main character with his monotone voice is kinda terrible. Other than that, the show experiments so it get points for that.

The Last Man On Earth Season 1

I finally got back to this show and finished the first season (I had watched the pilot and next episode or two shortly after they premiered, but my wife wasn't interested in continuing so it got back-burnered for a while). Well, I like it a lot, this is a very good show! It's continually funny every week (usually due to Will Forte's antics), and the story it tells is a good an compelling one, too.

In fact I can't think of another comedy that's plotted like this, I really enjoyed the serialized nature of the storytelling. Almost all comedies feature a pretty big "reset button" often, so one can tune in any time and just enjoy a funny 22 minutes, so I'm glad this show doesn't really do that (Though maybe it will in later seasons, who knows).

I love that the show sets up a situation, explores that for a while, then introduces another character at JUST the right time to shake everything up and find a new angle to explore. First you had Phil all alone, then just when he's about to kill himself, Carol shows up. Then the shows explores the two of them, through Phil being willing to marry her and be happy with that, then January Jones shows up. Then the show explores that new situation, and just when Phil is about to have sex with her, Todd shows up. Then just when that dynamic is established, Gail and Erica show up, etc.

I enjoyed the ending of the season, with Phil and Carol outed from the group, and a random reveal that Phil has a brother alive up on a space station (?) and look forward to where season 2 will go!

I don't think Mr. Robot is terrible. I do think it is hugely predictable, once you realize what film it is imitating/ripping off.

Look at how its filmed or how the characters are framed. It breaks conventions. I never seen photography like that.

I don't think Mr. Robot is terrible. I do think it is hugely predictable, once you realize what film it is imitating/ripping off.

Look at how its filmed or how the characters are framed. It breaks conventions. I never seen photography like that.

I'm sure I've seen art films like it, but I've certainly never seen a TV show with that style, which I appreciate. Much of the photography was aping David Fincher's visual style, I thought, in terms of color palette and depth of field.

But yes, the show does experiment a lot, which is very valuable, particularly the extended dream sequence episode, which I loved.

I'm hopeful Fargo will be our next show

I watched the first episode of season 2 and it was very promising but commercial breaks were ruining it so we decided to wait for it to finish its run before binging it instead of waiting every week.

It took eight seasons but I think The X-Files finally jumps the shark when they set a religious cult in Pittsburgh but show a very noticeable palm tree outside the first crime scene. D'oh.

Yes, David Fincher is an apparent influence. In fact, Mr. Robot is more David Fincher than House Of Cards.

It's Fincher with a dash of Kubrick.

Musically and visually, this show is a treat and tries to set itself apart from conventional television.

It's unfortunately plagued by some cardboard characters and mediocre plotting. For a show that tries so hard to be different, the writers can't seem to get off of typical network television patterns.

But I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Tighter writing could bring a very good second season.

I'm hopeful Fargo will be our next show

I watched the first episode of season 2 and it was very promising but commercial breaks were ruining it so we decided to wait for it to finish its run before binging it instead of waiting every week.

Isn't it already? Already 8 episodes available in german dub. Now at 7 and really like the band of characters. The Coen-esque eye for slightly off-kilter looking characters pays off handsomely if you compare it with a lot of bland whitebreads from other shows.

Oh God I should have stopped X-Files with Mulder's departure. While the seventh season descended into blatant self parody, now it's just a reboot with Scully as believer and new guy as skeptic. Now I'm just keeping it on as background noise while I clean up.