What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I was liking it at first but the longer it went and the more characters that were introduced, I was loosing interest.

It might just be the weird pacing and structure of a 90 minute episode. It didn't really build up to anything.

And that mother's overacting. Oof.

Unfortunately Hulu acquired the exclusive rights for Fargo in the US, and I'm not going to purchase yet another streaming service for one show. I might wait until season 2 is out and then do a free trial so I can binge both seasons.

I could mess around with my Netflix VPN so I could watch it but I'm paranoid about trying it.

Fargo season 2 is shaping up pretty nicely judging by the first epi. Good stuff but ruined somewhat by the absolutely horrible placement of a commercial break right before the very last scene. WTF is this American shit doing happening on UK TV??

Netflix from now on in.

And Kirsten Dunst has gotten 'old' :(

Netflix's earnings have been decreased by half over here.

Watched S3 of Vikings and it's as entertaining as ever.

Tonight, first episode of The Walking Dead S5! Finally!

"They're peeeep with the wrong people!" - The Sheriff

Alex

I'm into season two of Walking Dead myself. Apart from some bad CG and moments of characters repetitively bitching and arguing, its been pretty solid. Can't say its great yet though. Are later seasons better?

S1 ep1, S2 ep 6, 7 and 11 are the standouts so far. Will be watching ep 12 later.

Does anyone know if Kirsten Dunst is supposed to be playing older than her age in Fargo 2? Is she wearing light prosthetics? Because I just googled her and was frankly shocked to discover she's actually only 33!

Does anyone know if Kirsten Dunst is supposed to be playing older than her age in Fargo 2? Is she wearing light prosthetics? Because I just googled her and was frankly shocked to discover she's actually only 33!

She and Meth Damon put on weight for the series, I believe.

Let's see how that works out. I see many opportunities to mess up the main storyline with the Gilmores, but with the Palladinos involved, I remain hopeful. And I'm sure there's a ton of great stuff they can do with the rest of Stars Hollow.

She and Meth Damon put on weight for the series, I believe.

Oh you could really tell it with Meth Damon. It's initially pretty repulsive if I'm being honest. But Dunst just seemed to have bigger boobs than normal. She always had a good pair, though

There's actually a UFO in season 2, curiously enough. It was straight out of Close Encounters of the Third Kind. So yeah, right up your street!

I'm guessing it was a nod to the Coens' The Man Who Wasn't There, which had a UFO. Can't fathom it being there for any other reason...

But yeah I actually had to Google if Meth Damon put on weight on purpose or if he had just let it go since BB. His face was all bloated.

I'm into season two of Walking Dead myself. Apart from some bad CG and moments of characters repetitively bitching and arguing, its been pretty solid. Can't say its great yet though. Are later seasons better?

S1 ep1, S2 ep 6, 7 and 11 are the standouts so far. Will be watching ep 12 later.

I thought season 3 was the most consistent in what is a pretty inconsistent series. Season four started off decent but I prefer the second half. I will not speak of season 5.

It's all over the place for much of its first 3 seasons but when it's good it's brilliant. Then later they've started tightening things up and everything became consistently better, generally. I love that show these days and I'm glad I stuck with it.

You have to put in the time with these things sometimes.

So I watched the first episode of The Walking Dead Season 5 and I had to raise my eyebrows a couple of times at the unlikelihood of it all. Glenn was almost killed 3 times, but no, each time he was saved in the very last second. Are they playing with us?

Alex

Finished Season 1 of Twin Peaks.

Still unsure how I feel about this show. Agent Cooper is the obvious highlight, but I don't find myself caring for any of the other characters, and the way the mystery is unfolding is quite boring. I enjoy the quirky black humor of the plot and setting, but the Coens perfected this with Fargo. Makes the show seem redundant, though I know it came first. For an 8 episode season, it was fine. My instinct is that it can't hold up for another 22 episodes.

I recall mostly everyone here saying it becomes unwatchable at a point but redeems itself with the ending. Should I even bother?

Yes, you should bother. The Laura Palmer mystery gets wrapped up in another I dunno, 8 or 9 episodes, then the show gets awful for a little bit, but then it ends strong again. Worth your time. Some things improved with the second season, like there's a lot more new music

Exactly!

David Lynch directs the double length season premiere, and other than its slow pace, it's sets up the tone and feel the rest of the reason will have for the most part.

Maybe eventually, but the season, especially the double length premiere, starts with a ton of new music.

My rewatch of The Wire on Blu-ray continues. Finished season 2. It's much slower than season one and doesn't really get going till episode 6 but all the build up is worth it. I like that this season has its own unique feel, quite unlike anything we've seen in other seasons.

Three episodes into season 3 now. This thing is still addictive. But in a very different way than, say, Breaking Bad.

Karol