What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Oh wow, that teaser was bloody awful. I don't know how anyone can stomach themselves to watch this crap after seeing that.

Feels like that Spartacus show. It's like the makers don't have a clue about design and composition.

Indeed. All the shots look so wrong. The fights, the pathetic attempts at creating some stylized period piece a la Spartacus....its all just hard to watch...

I don't know why it's called "Metal Hurlant" either. I don't see it.

Never heard of this franchise, but maybe it has something to do with the random robot that appears out of nowhere...

Were they any good? I must admit I haven't read many French comics besides obvious ones like Tintin and Asterix et Obelix.

Moebius and Bilal are some of the guests that created work for the magazine. Ridley Scott (Alien and Blade Runner) was influenced by it. However, this show isn't going to influence anybody.

26-70-thickbox.jpg

Were they any good? I must admit I haven't read many French comics besides obvious ones like Tintin and Asterix et Obelix.

Yes. You've got a lot to discover then! :)

I should open a comic book thread so we can share recommendations or something!

I agree. However most people throw Tintin inside a "Francobelgian" bag. Personally I think of it as "European comic books" to include artists from other countries as well.

Franco-Belgian comics are comics that are created for a Belgian and French audience. These countries have a long tradition in comics and comic books, where they are known as BDs, an abbreviation of bandes dessinées (literally drawn strips) in French and stripverhalen (literally strip stories) in Dutch. Flemish Belgian comic books (originally written in Dutch) are influenced by francophone comics, yet have a distinctly different style.

In Europe, the French language is spoken natively not only in France but also by about 40% of the population of Belgium and about 20% of the population of Switzerland. The shared language creates an artistic and commercial market where national identity is often blurred.

Of course I don't know where they base that exactly.

Tin Tin is a Belgian comic book, you idiotic idiot!

No shit sherlock! I was referring to the damn language the comics are written in and the francophone people they were written for.

Argh...I have a splitting headache. The Boal strikes again!!!!!!

I've been watching the 2003 animated series for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lately. Grant I grew up watching the original 80's cartoon but this version is pretty good with awesome stories and arcs. It is a bit darker compared to the original 80's version but as I said it's good on it's own.

The only thing I never really quite liked is the "Turtles Forever" movie. The way how they portrayed the 80's version of the Ninja Turtles is just a down right insult. I mean grant they always talked about pizza but the way how they were portrayed as a complete comic relief really was annoying. They were sometimes goofy but most of the time they weren't, especially when it came to fighting Shredder and Krang.

Are we going to see you wearing a red bandanna eye mask in your next av? ;)

Finally started season 2 of The Walking Dead. The first episode was decent, but it's already mildly getting on my nerves. The setups are so eye rollingly predictable, yet I continue watching anyway. It's definitely that sort of show.

Finally started season 2 of The Walking Dead. The first episode was decent, but it's already mildly getting on my nerves. The setups are so eye rollingly predictable, yet I continue watching anyway. It's definitely that sort of show.

Just wait to till the painful soap opera comes to play.

Started watching Green Lantern: The Animated Series - Rise of the Red Lanterns. From the first two episodes onward, you know executive producer Bruce Timm is working his magic here like he did for Batman, Superman and Justice League. The Incredibles-styled animation is okay, and isn't nowhere as detailed as Pixar's films. But the voice acting and overarching storylines eclipse any technical shortcomings.

But I think Frederik Wiedmann's score plays better on CD than it does on the show.

It will just keep getting better and better!

I just watched the sixth episode of S3 and it was bleeding tense! (spoiler:when they had to hide in the RV because Hank was trailing Jesse Pinkman). Sometimes the show reminds me of the Coens. I felt a same kind of tension with Blood Simple.

Oh its not hit my unwatchable shit barrier yet. Still comfortably treading water for the time being, although I hear the saggy middle section will test me. Apparently though it's worth holding out for the "brilliant" last couple.

Oh its not hit my unwatchable shit barrier yet. Still comfortably treading water for the time being, although I hear the saggy middle section will test me. Apparently though it's worth holding out for the "brilliant" last couple.

Yes, the middle of the second season does get dull because nothing happens, you don't see many walkers, and people make stupid decisions. It gets pretty soap opera-like at times. The last few episodes are pretty good and make it worth trudging through the whole season.

I suspect that some of it stems from stupid decision making the characters made in the comic books, which was transferred over to the TV series. Some characters last longer into the second season than they did in the comic books, but stupid decisions would lead to deaths, not extended life (unless they came at the expense of somebody, there, I disguised a spoiler). Since I don't read comic books and don't feel like wading through the Wikis, I really can't say for certain.

I have decided to watch Doctor Who on Netflix, but because I know I have missed a lot of the River Song setup that was established with David Tenant, I don't feel like picking and choosing which of his episodes to watch. Nope, I'm gonna start at the beginning, inasmuch as Netflix will let me. S1E1, "Rose."

The mannequins were absolutely terrifying when they started to move and creep towards Rose, but when they all started walking, they crossed the uncanny valley and became silly.

Oh wait, their hands flip open to reveal lethal guns? Hmmm. Rory would later get something similar.

And the Doctor is annoyed when he's interrupted? "I AM TALKING!" I get the feeling that he'll say this often between that episode and the time he repeats it at Stonehenge, no?

Definitely lagging behind but I just finished watching the Big Bang Theory S5. I have to hand it to the writers as they can still squeeze such funny and topical humour out of the group of nerds and their geekiness. The best material is still connected with Jim Parson's brilliant portrayal of Sheldon Cooper and his antics. The perpetually emotionally 8-year old with 2 doctorates and a brilliant but egotistic mind is such a juicy combination that even after several seasons it gets the best laughs in its unpredictability. Amy Farrah Fowler played by Mayim Bialik is also hysterically funny as she says and does so crazy stuff with a straight face. Especially her trying to be "hip and cool" is damn funny.

Guest apperances from Brent Spiner, Will Wheaton, Stephen Hawking and the guest voice apperance of Leonard Nemoy were a nice surprise this season and they got to poke some fun at their status and roles in the nerdom.

Definitely lagging behind but I just finished watching the Big Bang Theory S5. I have to hand it to the writers as they can still squeeze such funny and topical humour out of the group of nerds and their geekiness. The best material is still connected with Jim Parson's brilliant portrayal of Sheldon Cooper and his antics. The perpetually emotionally 8-year old with 2 doctorates and a brilliant but egotistic mind is such a juicy combination that even after several seasons it gets the best laughs in its unpredictability. Amy Farrah Fowler played by Mayim Bialik is also hysterically funny as she says and does so crazy stuff with a straight face. Especially her trying to be "hip and cool" is damn funny.

Guest apperances from Brent Spiner, Will Wheaton, Stephen Hawking and the guest voice apperance of Leonard Nemoy were a nice surprise this season and they got to poke some fun at their status and roles in the nerdom.

Big Bang Theory stopped being funny for a long time now, in my view.

It had its moments, but it never made me laugh like Modern Family or Community did. Don't know why those shows never get the kind of love that BBT always seems to get.

I'm getting closer and closer to the last episode of Breaking Bad currently available instantly on Netflix. This is going to suck.

I was late to the BBT bandwagon, but once I got on, I never looked back. It's not the end-all in brilliant geeky humor, but there are a lot of great moments, particularly in the first few seasons.

In the realm of actresses starring in current or recent tv series, I'd take Kat Dennings, Sofia Vergara, Christina Hendricks, Miracle Laurie, Ginnifer Goodwin, Zoey Deschanel, Alison Hannigan, Cobie Smulders, Anna Paquin, or Dreama Walker long before Kaley Cuoco