What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

The show wasn't racist, but LD as a character was.

Hardly, he's just blunt like he's always been.

He fired his lawyer, reportedly the best divorce lawyer in Los Angeles, once he found out he wasn't Jewish.

all the pawn shows are fake.

The little side gags are obviously scripted, but that's not why I watch the show (I hate those parts, actually). As far as I know the deals that are made are completely legitimate.

The show wasn't racist, but LD as a character was.

Hardly, he's just blunt like he's always been.

He fired his lawyer, reportedly the best divorce lawyer in Los Angeles, once he found out he wasn't Jewish.

Not because he wasn't Jewish, but because he lied about being a Jew. ;)

Either way, that's Larry David for ya.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished Season 2 of Mad Men. Pretty damn good throughout, but I found the penultimate episode, The Mountain King, to be a bit confusing story wise. I don't know what happened after Don went to see Anna. She was the lady that spotted him at that ball with Betty. They talked in her apartment, and then all of a sudden they knew each other for years? I didn't get how the flashbacks worked with the current timeline.

I like the original score, but damn, they pretty much use only one piece in the whole damn series. Get that man to write something different.

Shark Week. Tonight the story of the summer of 1957 where 5 people were killed by sharks in South Africa.

Watched the pilot of Alias today. Hmm, could be interesting.

The Abrams series? Season 1 is mildly entertaining, but Season 2 is awesome, as are the first episodes of Season 3 - until (based on audience complaints or so, if I'm not mistaken) they make a U-turn character change, and it all goes downhill from there.

There's one big constant in the series, though: you'll never have a weirder combination of 1) an entertaining (and at times great) series and 2) the most annoying main character ever. I say weird because point 1 makes it watchable despite point 2.

She's annoying for many reasons (one being that she really acts like she thinks she actually ís attractive), but the actual interesting part is that basically, every episode again, the main character (of a pretty straightforward spy series) actually does everything wrong. And it's all the other characters who are having to work around her to get to the happy ending. It's hilarious - it's like an unintentional subtext: for once they put a women in the lead in a spy series, and she's messing everything up. Annoying, but very funny.

(Very loosely, in its patriarchism, it kind of reminds me of According to Jim, where in every episode Cheryl is in the right, but they twist the plot in such a way that Jim comes out on top anyway.)

Did the new version of Two and a half Men start already?

It doesn't start airing in the U.S. until September 19th.

So, who is supposed to be the character played by Kutcher ? An older Jake ?

Of course not. Jake is still on the show.

Their time was up. It was the will of the gods, and was for the good of the tribe.

I don't think they were part of the tribe.

Last nights Summer of the shark was facinating. Australia, summer 2008/2009. 18 shark attacks, 15 by Great Whites, most by juvinile great whites, one by a massive 18 to 20 footer that consumed it's victim. One very nasty bull shark attack on a navy diver who lost his hand and leg.

Watched the pilot of Alias today. Hmm, could be interesting.

The Abrams series? Season 1 is mildly entertaining, but Season 2 is awesome, as are the first episodes of Season 3 - until (based on audience complaints or so, if I'm not mistaken) they make a U-turn character change, and it all goes downhill from there.

You're remembering a bit wrong. It's midway through Season 2 that they U-Turn everything, and change the awesome premise they had up until that point.

No, I'm talking about the character U-turn in the middle of season 3 - I think, after consulting wikipedia, in episode 11. I thought that season-and-a-half (starting from the beginning of season 2) was excellent.

Absolutely ADDICTED to Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares (UK version) on Netflix.

So much more raw. I love how he genuinely cares about fixing some of the restaurants. The man is a genius.

They are plotting to destroy us Joe.

Remember Justin?

I mourn him every summer.

Gordon Ramsey?

Now if anyone on TV is fake then it must be him.

He just swears and abuses people and get truckloads of cash coming in. And there's no wit, or cleverness in his insults.

you f**king stupid donkey wanker

Hell's Kitchen, Master Chef, two hours of Chef Ramsey, and then two hours of Shark Week.

Finished Season 1 of Peep Show the other day and started Season 2 earlier. Unfortunately, it takes a huge nose-dive after the premiere. Don't like the new opening and they cut out a lot of the inner monologue and first person elements that made it so hilarious in the first place.

It's the characters and the colorful but extemely dangerous life within the walls of King Henry's court. And the women, of course. All very entertaining.

Alex

Hmmm I haven't posted in here in a while.

The GF and I finished all 4 seasons of "Secret Diary Of A Call Girl".

Season 1 was the best, just focusing on being a call girl, and keeping it a secret from everyone. Every other season they had to give her a steady boyfriend which just slowed the plots down. Season 2 its the guy who can't handle her being a prostitute. Season 3 its a guy that seems nice but cheats on Belle with other prostitutes. Season 4 she tries working things out with Ben, but fucks it up. The end. No season 5 in the workds. Maybe a movie to continue? I'd watch that. As long as its not about reuniting with Ben. She got what she deserved. All she had to do was be open and honest. Not that Ben isn't to blame either; He needed to be more open and honest as well.

The comedy we've moved on to now is "Party Down". I wanted to watch it because I love Adam Scott on "Parks and Recreation". So far (we're 6 episodes into Season 1) its only OK. Some pretty funny parts from time to time, but not invested in any of the characters, really. They aren't written to be likeable enough. Flawed characters can work in a show and be likable, but most of these guys I don't care if they succeed or not. They mostly seem to sabotage themselves or others.

We watched that last year. Loved the first 5 episode, episode 6 was shit. What happened?

Nah just dudes living in the woods, fending off zombies.

EDIT: Episode 6 spoiler

I guess in the 6th episode, they do find a guy living alone in a underground location, which might sound like them finding Desmond in the hatch, but its completely different

I loved the first episode but I didn't like the next two, they ruined the first one. I expected something much, much mroe awesome from tghat first episode, specially the brilliant cliffhanger. I also didn't like that the main character

seemed to find his family right away

, I would have writen in a lot more of trouble to get to them.

The Walking Dead was good, but it had a couple of stinker episodes which made me less inclined to be excited about its upcoming second season; even if the season one finale was actually rather brilliant, in the end.

I'll definitely be watching the second season, but I'm not excited about it or anything like that.

it definitely wasn't as good as my friend who made me watch it made it out to be. halfway through the third episode I found out he had never seen any Romero films which probably explained his fascination with The Walking Dead's handling of zombies.

Burga - who thought the finale was a missed opportunity to kill off all the useless characters.

I finished all 7 seasons of Peep Show in like 2 days. Probably should have paced myself, I can't recall which jokes were from which episodes.

Also am catching up on Curb. LD is genius as usual. "Fuck me you filthy Jew boy!" :lol:

I'm now 3 episodes into the latest season of Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's pretty good.

Prettttay, prettttay, pretttay good

Just watched the last one, definitely the best so far.

I've noticed a couple guys from Mad Men this season. They are popping up everywhere lately. It was weird that like half the cast was in L.A. Noire.

I guess AMC pays lousy.

they do, and very few people watch Amc shows despite their alleged quality. Mad Men is just a boring soap opera.

Blah blah blah, take a puff off of cigarette, I cheated on you, blah blah blah, takes another puff off of cigarette, blows smoke.